shape
carat
color
clarity

Longtime lurker shares her setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsSteketeeToBe

Rough_Rock

Hello Pricescope! I have been a lurker for almost a year now and although I never registered, everyone''s comments, knowledge, tips and advice have helped me so much (and my fiance'')! I am now engaged to the love of my life as of September 1, 2007.

Unfortunately, despite all of the knowledge provided by Pricescope users, we had an unfortunate situation with our first diamond purchase and as a result ended up going WAY over budget to purchase a new diamond. The original diamond was misrepresented and had inclusion visible to my eye and a far superior cut than what we thought we had purchased (we didn''t get the AGS specs until after the purchase - our mistake!). The setting was also not what I thought it would be (we went the custom route) but until the past few weeks, I had kept my unhappiness with the setting to myself. I''ve always dreamt of a halo setting but originally it was out of our budget. I finally decided to bring up the subject with my fiance'', who agreed that I should have what I really truly want!

After scouring Pricescope to figure out exactly what I want, I finally found a setting from Gottlieb & Sons that is perfect for me! (Thanks again to everyone who posts on the halo boards - you''re all my inspiration!) My new setting should be here in 3 - 4 weeks and I AM SO EXCITED! The setting will be in 18K white gold and is 1.09 tcw

9.gif

The specs on my diamond (from my GIA report):
carat weight: .93
color: G
clarity: SI1
cut: excellent

I can''t wait to share pictures of the new setting but until then I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for their help! I also want to share a picture of the original setting (with diamond #2) and share my exciting news with people who I know love diamonds as much as I do! Thanks again everyone!

oldsetting312.JPG

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Wow, can''t wait to see it on the new setting. You must be very excited!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see your new setting!!
Beautiful stone!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on finally being able to get what you want! can''t wait to see the new setting!!!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
ooooo pretty....yay new setting, im gonna be checking in so it better come in soon!!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, and I look forward to seeing the new setting...although, the one in the picture is beautiful as well!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
such a pretty diamond! waiting sucks, but sounds like your going to be knocked out when you get it, can''t wait to see!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, welcome to PS and I look forward to seeing your new setting!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Very pretty ring already, can''t wait to see the new setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results