shape
carat
color
clarity

Long's jewelers in Boston - using Shimmer's ring photo

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm - is this allowed? Scroll down the page to "5 reasons to Consider a Bezel Set Engagement Ring"

http://blog.longsjewelers.com/engagement

And here's where it first made its appearance on PS in 2009 - 4th photo from the top. I *think* this ring has since been sold (I could be wrong), but it was a GOG stone in an Etsy setting by One Garnet Girl:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rings-including-new-gog-omc-gog-transitional-and-others.122933/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rings-including-new-gog-omc-gog-transitional-and-others.122933/[/URL]

Just another PS'er's ring photos being poached....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything posted on the internet without a copyright or name across it is free game, as far as I know. If you do a google search for certain rings, PS rings will always come up just because of the massive number of pictures posted here. I would be kind of honored if a jewelry store used a picture of mine!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, diamondseeker!

I have to say, if it were my piece, and it was used by another jewelry store without credit, I'd be pretty miffed. I do see what you're saying re images on the web - and I know a lot of photos from here have been used without permission - but even so - I'd still be pretty darn cross!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be miffed too! There's also the element of deception - you expect that when a jewelry store uses a close-up of a ring, it means that they actually have (or at least, had) that ring available for sale. I'm not naive - I know that picture of a happy couple in a jewelry store ad is probably clip art or a purchased stock photo - but they're not potential merchandise, as the ring is.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty - I agree. I think when you show a close up of a single piece of jewelry at the top of an info page about 'try one of our bezel rings' - it really does suggest - 'hey - check out this example of one of OUR bezel rings!'

On a different note, though - I recognized that ring straight away because I've coveted that ring for years! It's my all time favorite bezel set ring that's passed through PS.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was more than one ps pic on that site.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1433646559|3886123 said:

Aaaahhh! I thought so, Niel, but wasn't 100% sure. Despite it being their legal right to take non-copyrighted photos from the internet, it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and would make me less likely to do business with them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1433653105|3886138 said:
Niel|1433646559|3886123 said:

Aaaahhh! I thought so, Niel, but wasn't 100% sure. Despite it being their legal right to take non-copyrighted photos from the internet, it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and would make me less likely to do business with them.
The one about fluorescents looks like a photo from BG, and that is a problem

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside from the question of the photos used, I think their blog postings could be quite helpful to first-time diamond jewelry buyers. Not as helpful as us, of course :wink2: , but they provide new buyers with some good starting points.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results