shape
carat
color
clarity

Long time lurker wants to share!!

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers!! I have been lurking FOREVER and just recently I upgraded my internet browser... now I can post photos! The extensive knowledge I have gained by reading hundreds of your informative posts has been extremely helpful in educating me and also in advancing my diamond addiction! Hopefully I can give a little back by posting my pictures.

I started perusing Pricescope last spring (I told you I've been lurking forever!) when my boyfriend and I were discussing marriage. We ended up going ring shopping at a local privately owned jewelery store and it turned into a disaster-- a homeless man with a huge black sack and a mysteriously bulging towel in his arms came by the store which prompted the owners to FREAK OUT, throw all the diamonds in a drawer in the back, hide in a corner (leaving us behind), and call the police!! Needless to say I had an anxiety attack wondering if we were ever going to get engaged, or if only one of us would live to see the sunset. When the man actually entered the store, they realized they knew him, and he was just coming by to see if they had any more pentagram charms. It turns out the "gun" he had wrapped in the towel was just a pile of bunnies that he had picked up off the side of the road (!). Needless to say, we did not purchase anything that day-- before the homeless man incident, the owners were insisting that I wanted to buy an uncertified, round diamond because they had the best resale value. What??! Thanks to you intelligent ladies and gents, I didn't fall for their propaganda. I did fall for a simple trellis setting holding a (heavily included) princess, however, that I immediately scoured the web for upon returning home (once I stopped shaking and sweating).

So this is how I ended up with my Blue Nile signature princess cut in a platinum trellis setting! I love it so much and the setting is just so *me*. I was married last September and added a 3 mm platinum band also from Blue Nile. I am looking to add a half or 3/4 eternity band from Brian Gavin Diamonds for my anniversary this year-- perhaps the Dream?? Not sure about that yet.

Without further ado, the specs, and the pics:

Blue Nile Signature Ideal Princess Cut
Ring size 6
F, VVSI
0.60 carats
4.71x4.71x3.29
Table: 69%
Depth: 69.9%
Crown: 11.5%
Girdle: slightly thick
IMG_1189%20(2)_0.jpg
IMG_1282p2.jpg
IMG_1195P.jpg
IMG_1667p.jpg
IMG_1497p.jpg
IMG_1503p.jpg
IMG_1483p.jpg
Fire shot:
IMG_1658p.jpg
IMG_1488p.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hi summerlove! thanks for sharing pics-your set is beautiful!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!!! It looks great on you!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing, your set is beautiful!!

And I must say that you have lovely hands ::)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey- your set is BEAUTIFUL. Everytime I see a beautiful set, it makes we want another one!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful ring, i love the setting, fits the stone so perfectly :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Summer!

Great story and lovely ring! :appl:

I recently stopped beng a lurker myself and am so glad I'm out.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You took such pretty photos and you have such slender hands. All of your pictures are just lovely. I'm a real sucker for peach roses.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your recent marriage! Your set is lovely and you took great photos!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing! It's lovely!!!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous set :bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set and lovely hands!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Your ring is lovely, thank you for sharing! :appl:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing! I love the pics! :twirl: it is a very nice ring!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Wlcome! Thanks for the pics they are great! Looks wonderful on you

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
Aww you guys are all too kind!! Thank you SO much for all the welcomes, congrats, & ring compliments!! As for the lovely hand comments-- no one's ever said that before! It sounds like a great reason to splurge on a manicure (since my nails aren't looking so hot)! I truly enjoy seeing everyone everyone else's bling, and Amys Bling, every time I see a gorgeous set I add it to my wish list too!! Bad habit : P

Diva Rose- it does feel good to finally be "out", hahahaha!! I look forward to being a part of PS not just for the beautiful jewels but also because you all are so nice and seem so down to earth.

Thank you again for letting me share and for all your kind words!

onealpha

Rough_Rock
What a Beautiful Ring. I am currently looking at a almost the same arrangement as yours over at Blue Nile. I love the setting and I am even looking at a .59 Princess. Can you tell me if that setting is the Trellis Solitaire or the Petite Trellis Solitaire? I noticed that they have two differnt versions and was going to order the Petite Trellis, but yours is perfect and I want to make sure I get the right one. Thank you.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! the set is classic and classy!

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love princess cut !!! :love: Congrats !!! :appl:

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
Wow it's been awhile since I've posted last.

Thanks Onealpha! I have the regular trellis setting, but I can't say that I haven't second guessed myself and thought about what the petite trellis would look like. I really liked the proportions of the Tiffany Lucida and that's why I chose the larger setting. I love my ring & think it's perfect for me but I also think more delicate solitaire settings have such a classic look. The regular trellis is graceful but more chunky, so if that's your style, go for it. Either way you will end up with a beautiful ring. Good luck!

Acebruin, thank you so much!

Frenchgirl, I love them too! It seems like they are not so popular in these parts but I can't resist the cool, clean lines of a perfect square.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
summerlove6|1292167647|2794825 said:
Wow it's been awhile since I've posted last.

Thanks Onealpha! I have the regular trellis setting, but I can't say that I haven't second guessed myself and thought about what the petite trellis would look like. I really liked the proportions of the Tiffany Lucida and that's why I chose the larger setting. I love my ring & think it's perfect for me but I also think more delicate solitaire settings have such a classic look. The regular trellis is graceful but more chunky, so if that's your style, go for it. Either way you will end up with a beautiful ring. Good luck!

Acebruin, thank you so much!

Frenchgirl, I love them too! It seems like they are not so popular in these parts but I can't resist the cool, clean lines of a perfect square.

It definitely is Tiffany Lucida-ish! I love it- it looks so classy and elegant with your wedding band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results