shape
carat
color
clarity

Long time lurker, first time poster. 2.14 OEC

Sparkleho

Rough_Rock
I am testing this out to see if I am uploading pictures correctly!! I found this at my jewelers about a month ago

its 8.5mm appraised L color, Si2 but I actually believe the color to be lower and the clarity to be better haha who knows!

This is a temporary setting until I decide what I want!

sam_1465.jpg

sam_1463.jpg

sam_1521.jpg

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
I love your name. Hehe ;-) Lovely diamond!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!! More pics, please! :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! you were lucky enough to just "find" that at your jeweller??? WOW!

Please post more pics!!! Love it - you "ho"!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So lovely! And your user name cracks me up!

Sparkleho

Rough_Rock
It is kind of a funny story... I was at my jewelers and told them I was looking for a 2 carat + old european or AC and the lady I always work with was telling me that she had never seen one and that she would make a note but not to get my hopes up. We were chatting away as always and I looked down into a case and this blindingly UGLY yellow/green/brown diamond caught my eye... it was so ugly I asked to see it and as I leaned down for a closer look I realized that right beside the ugly ring was a big honky OEC/Tranny. I really couldn't believe it, the saleswoman had no idea it was there and I felt it was fate. It is not my dream stone to be honest, I really would have liked a bigger culet but I got it for a steal because they don't feel they are valuable and they have a wonderful upgrade policy so I figure if I ever want something else I can just trade it in :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a great story, but makes me wonder about your saleslady if she didn't even know it was there...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a great find! I want to meet this jeweler /saleswoman!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Nice stone! I tried one time to tell the salesperson that old cuts were popular and got a blank stare. I really don't think jewelers who are offline got the memo...
After about 5 minutes of explaining what pricescope was and trying to convince them that the stone was an OEC not an OMC, I just bought it and told them to call when they got more in :wink2: (eventually, I would like some earrings).

Sparkleho

Rough_Rock
They really think I am nuts ( so does my DH) but I will take it...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! What is the spread? I would love to see more photos.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! :appl:

Sparkleho

Rough_Rock
some more pictures I took today in my car! it just glows

it is 8.5 mm

photo13.jpg

_1090.jpg

_1091.jpg

photo7.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!! It looks amazing! :love:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic!!!! LOVE those colors!!! Great find!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
WEll Sparkle Ho...love your moniker and your story and especially that lovely OEC. Once there was an OEC listed on JA and the GIA report stated it was a RB. The sales person said that it was not an Old cut! Not unusual that sales people are just not very knowledgeable. Too bad that most of them don't love diamonds as much as PSr's do and take the time to really learn their trade.

chicago4323

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful diamond centerstone! For the setting are you considering durability since you will wear the wedding band on the same finger?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results