shape
carat
color
clarity

Long Time Coming, Exquisite Result

Soseattle

Shiny_Rock
I love many different types of jewelry pieces. One of the things I have always wanted to have is a really nice plique-au-jour piece. The real thing like the pieces done in the Art Nouveau period. I also enjoy growing orchids as a hobby. When I came across Tom Herman from Seven Fingers Jewelers I couldn't help but notice he does the plique-au-jour technique. I contacted him about doing an orchid piece. It has taken the better part of a year, but I received the piece last week. I couldn't be happier with this pendant/pin. It is just exquisite and Tom is a pleasure to work with. He posted some photos on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdPZtn6OunM/.

Here I am wearing it yesterday to a local orchid nursery open house:
Orchid.jpg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is a work of art!

Are those two little beetles even?

Soseattle

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is a work of art!

Are those two little beetles even?

Thank you. Not really, but that was expected and is OK with me. They are made from 2 small black opals that I got as a gift along with another opal purchase. They are not calibrated and didn't match well enough for earrings in my opinion and were also too small for earrings. I asked Tom Herman if he could come up with a way to use them in the pendant/brooch design and the ladybugs/beetles are what he came up with. I think they are adorable little details and an excellent use for a couple stones that I didn't know what to do with.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Exquisite!! Is that a pink jade sphere in the middle? I would love to see a picture from another angle so we could see "inside" the flowers.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
This has to be one of my favourite ever pieces on PS. This is an absolute work of art, priceless and unique. The conch pearls just sent me over the edge. Amazing.

Soseattle

Shiny_Rock
This has to be one of my favourite ever pieces on PS. This is an absolute work of art, priceless and unique. The conch pearls just sent me over the edge. Amazing.

Thank you so much. I particularly enjoy unique jewelry. :bigsmile:

mjea

Shiny_Rock
This is absolutely UNREAL !! Exquisite.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really, but that was expected and is OK with me. They are made from 2 small black opals that I got as a gift along with another opal purchase.

Oh i did not mean "are they even?" like "do they match?"; I meant it has beetles even -- as in "Am I correct that it also has beetles?" It's perfect that they are not identical. And conch pearls, too?!? There must be a bunch of Argyle pinks sprinkled around in there, too. :cool2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I love love love this! Please post on "show me the bling" as well. I adore his work-- I think he is a visionary and artist.

Soseattle

Shiny_Rock
Oh i did not mean "are they even?" like "do they match?"; I meant it has beetles even -- as in "Am I correct that it also has beetles?" It's perfect that they are not identical. And conch pearls, too?!? There must be a bunch of Argyle pinks sprinkled around in there, too. :cool2:

Thanks for clarifying. :D I only wish there were a bunch of Argyle pinks. That would be cool. :bigsmile:

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the elegance of it.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This piece is exquisite! Truly a wearable piece of art.❤

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
What an incredible, sculptural piece!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful, one of a kind piece.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Just seeing this for the first time, and honestly I don't understand how it didn't win #JOTW. @Soseattle this is truly an exquisite work of art. Please feel free to share more photos every time you wear it. Heck, every time you look at it!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
OMG! How did I miss it?!?!
What a gorgeous piece of art!!!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Soseattle

Shiny_Rock
Just seeing this for the first time, and honestly I don't understand how it didn't win #JOTW. @Soseattle this is truly an exquisite work of art. Please feel free to share more photos every time you wear it. Heck, every time you look at it!!

Thank you so much! I just wish I had more opportunities to wear it and events to wear it to. :bigsmile:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love many different types of jewelry pieces. One of the things I have always wanted to have is a really nice plique-au-jour piece. The real thing like the pieces done in the Art Nouveau period. I also enjoy growing orchids as a hobby. When I came across Tom Herman from Seven Fingers Jewelers I couldn't help but notice he does the plique-au-jour technique. I contacted him about doing an orchid piece. It has taken the better part of a year, but I received the piece last week. I couldn't be happier with this pendant/pin. It is just exquisite and Tom is a pleasure to work with. He posted some photos on Instagram: .

Here I am wearing it yesterday to a local orchid nursery open house:
Orchid.jpg

when you have your camera ready can we please wee how it fastens please

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results