shape
carat
color
clarity

Long distance woes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 10:30:04 AM
Author: Squirrly
welcome to the boat pannini! hey if we get enough people on the boat perhaps we can upgrade to a big yacht
31.gif

perhaps this thread would work for the LDR thread? or should we start a LDR-LIW thread?

and we should have a next known visit list and definitely an end of LDR countdown!

after all, we''re going to need a place to share our ideas/frustrations/excitement. and it couldn''t hurt to as for it to be stickied once we decide on the thread.

thoughts ladies?
10.gif
YES! yipee! this makes my day! not sure what would work beter but we should definitely make this a LDR thread so all ladies in LDRs will have a chance to share with each other tips, etc.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Six and half year of LDR for me. It sounds like everyone''s covered the "how to stay connected" stuff, so I''ll try to add something else.

This may sound counterproductive, but my advice is to allow each other to live your lives separately... it is hard to explain what I mean, but I just think you have to be able to live a full life apart in order to keep the relationship fresh and keep from feeling stifled. Talk to each other as much as possible, but try not to let it bother you if he wants to go have drinks with friends instead of videochatting with you. There has to be a healthy balance. Also, express your expecatations clearly AND ahead of time. If you have nothing going on Thursday night and want to spend some time playing yahoo games together online, make sure he knows before Thursday night when he''s heading out the door for dinner with a pal and you''re upset and lonely. Your night is ruined, his night is ruined because he just had a fight with his girlfriend, his buddy who doesn''t know you is talking noise in his ear about being single... no good! In other words, make "dates" and don''t assume he knows what you want.

FI and I played a lot of online games. It was something to do "together" without having to come up with something new to talk about. You can only read the Book of Questions so many times!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That''s good advice GP. Any suggestions for good games to play? We''re both completely clueless and new to the world of online gaming!

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
OMG OMG OMG I''ve been away for sooooo long!!

First FF and future step son came to visit, then family came to visit then... I moved back home!! Craziness!! So whats new squirrly? Sorry I missed so much!

Oh & we could def turn this thread into a LDR support thread!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
nothin too much, got the hospital job and just started today. i um might have purchased a new wardrobe... in celebration of the job/so i have clothes other than jeans and tees.. ok it''s really so i''d have things to wear for my trip since there will be pictures
31.gif

we did have about 5 proposals this past weekend
36.gif
36.gif

i was hoping that you might come back with a disney proposal story
5.gif

speaking of, how was disney/universal? did B have the time of his life? and did they still have chicken fingers at every restaurant? you''ll have to fill me in on what you''ve been up to since your last posts!

oh and as of right now, no eloping. that''ll be in december if he does end up in okinawa or deploying, other than that all is set for a wedding in may.

22 days
9.gif

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Yaaaaay Congrats on the new job!!!
36.gif
(And wardrobe!!)

Awwww a disney proposal would have been super sweet. But looking back, it was not a good time. lol. B was moody and impatient and we were all sweaty and tired. We had fun but it was definitely a lesson in patience for FF, me and B!! haha. B had a blast though! Except that he was completely heartbroken that he was not tall enough to ride The Mummy or The Hulk. Can you believe it? That was his first trip to a theme park & he was already ready to ride the big rides!! We also took him to the beach for the first time. He was cautious about the water at first but by the end of the day was trying to jump on the boogie board all by himself!! I''ll have to find FF''s camera & upload the pictures.

So no eloping huh? Was that disappointing or are you more excited about having the wedding in May? I''ve actually been daydreaming about eloping lately.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
thanks
5.gif
and i''m glad disney/universal was a ton of fun, even if B couldn''t get on those rides just yet. sounds like he had a blast though, and that''s too cute about him getting used to the ocean! i have yet to actually swim in one, though i have managed to wade in the atlantic twice
9.gif

i was slightly disappointed about the eloping bit (since i had freaked out, accepted, and then planned for it just in case) but mostly relieved that i''d have a bit more time than a month and a half''s notice. now if we do end up having to elope it''ll be less rushed and somewhere vacationy for both of us.

eloping is so much easier than the whole wedding bonanza, and if it could be somewhere tropical, even better. but i''m one of those people who likes to plan for everything and will get thrown off if things change so much so that i have nothing lined up for that possibility, so perhaps it''ll be easier on my sanity after all if we manage to just have a regular wedding. well regular in squirrly terms.

what elopement dreams have you been entertaining?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results