shape
carat
color
clarity

LONG ago forgotten post.. But here are much better pics of my Leon Mege oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so, so much, everyone. I really value the replies and input. (In fact, I think it''s a little scary how much weight you start to put on everyone''s opinions here on PS, but I like that everyone has such valid and educated points.)
We''ll do some hand shots this weekend. My fiancee''s cam is one he borrowed from the lab at his work, and then he took it back. I was like, "Whoa...WAIT! We''re not done yet. Bring that baby back!" He promised he''ll bring it back for this weekend, and hand pics and others will come soon.

I would consider my preferred style elegant, understated and classy. I hope that my ring reflects that, and different days I have different feelings about it. I guess that''s why I''m wondering what everyone thinks. I know it only matters what I think, but as I said, some days I''m not sure.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Melinda- the new pics of your ring are gorgeous!! Love that oval...
18.gif

and your ring was certainly not forgotten either!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Melinda, I''ve been following your posts and can sympathize...I think we got our new rings at the same time. I fell in love with asschers and then a month into wearing one was feeling doubts about the loss of sparkle in a fancy cut. And I didn''t even think I WANTED sparkle! I love my asscher but was wondering if I did the right thing.

But let me tell you my solution, thanks to advice from our appraiser...

If you have one of those little jars of ubiquitous blue jewelry cleaner, dump it out. Go to the grocery or hardware store and get a bottle of 100% ammonia (mine cost $1.99 and stated that it was Janitor Grade!). Refill your jewelry jar with straight ammonia, leave your ring to soak overnight when you sleep, wake up and give it a scrub with a baby toothbrush (not the brush the jar came with) and you will fall in love all over again.

Fancy cuts, I have now learned, rely a lot on being super clean. I have a messy house, dishes in the sink, but darn if that ring doesn''t get scrubbed every single morning!

After staring at my sparkly clean ring, I have lost all of my doubts. You just might too
2.gif
Your ring looks a little cloudy in the pics, which will make it sparkle a whole lot less. I never knew what CLEAN looked like until I tried the straight ammonia trick. You won''t believe the difference.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely gorgeous! I am sure there is not a lady here who wouldn''t happily accept that ring! Just keep in mind that many of us want another diamond eventually ( why not have a rb, asscher, oval, etc.!) and if you ever do, then wear that beauty as a right hand ring!

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few more pictures we took today...
The sun wasn''t shining here, but at least there''s a little more light.

DaylightRing1.jpg

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
another

DaylightRing2.jpg

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
another

DaylightRing3.jpg

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
yet another

DaylightRing4.jpg

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
almost done-- profile

DaylightRing5.jpg

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
This is my favorite:

BlossomsTiara0423.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Beautious!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I loooove it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The pics are great.

Scintillating...

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
It is so so gorgeous. I love how low-set it is....so lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results