shape
carat
color
clarity

London Sapphire Suppliers

sapphirehunteruk

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I’ve recently moved to London and am looking to source a sapphire and some diamond side stones. Does anyone have any recommendations for sapphire/ diamond wholesalers/ retailers in the area?
Thanks in advance

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I replied to your duplicate thread in hangout before realising it was in hangout (wrong forum). I’d ask for that thread to be deleted and leave this one. I’ll try to copy my reply here but it may be beyond me without coffee in my system yet!

Edit - here’s my reply from your other post:
G F Williams are London-based. I’ve never used them but follow on IG. Their website is a lot less helpful than some overseas equivalents (only one picture and it’s not very helpful), but it may be an option to make an appointment to see stones in person.

If you’re feeling braver, you could use one of the overseas vendors recommended on here. Jeff White sent out a newsletter recently and I’m sure it included sapphire rough, so if you’re confident in what you want you could enquire with him about cutting a sapphire for you. It if remembering correctly, the specific rough he mentioned was pinks/lilacss etc rather than blue but you could enquire, You’d probably end up with a better cut stone for a lot less than you’d pay in London, even after adding on import taxes. There’s a list of recommended vendors in the pinned thread at the start of this forum. That wouldn’t help with the diamond side stones though.

There’s also a couple of threads in Rocky Talk at the moment on London and other UK recommended vendors if you’d prefer to buy a finished piece? It depends on how confident and comfortable you are putting a ring together from separate components.

Last edited:

sapphirehunteruk

Rough_Rock
I replied to your duplicate thread in hangout before realising it was in hangout (wrong forum). I’d ask for that thread to be deleted and leave this one. I’ll try to copy my reply here but it may be beyond me without coffee in my system yet!

Edit - here’s my reply from your other post:
G F Williams are London-based. I’ve never used them but follow on IG. Their website is a lot less helpful than some overseas equivalents (only one picture and it’s not very helpful), but it may be an option to make an appointment to see stones in person.

If you’re feeling braver, you could use one of the overseas vendors recommended on here. Jeff White sent out a newsletter recently and I’m sure it included sapphire rough, so if you’re confident in what you want you could enquire with him about cutting a sapphire for you. It if remembering correctly, the specific rough he mentioned was pinks/lilacss etc rather than blue but you could enquire, You’d probably end up with a better cut stone for a lot less than you’d pay in London, even after adding on import taxes. There’s a list of recommended vendors in the pinned thread at the start of this forum. That wouldn’t help with the diamond side stones though.

There’s also a couple of threads in Rocky Talk at the moment on London and other UK recommended vendors if you’d prefer to buy a finished piece? It depends on how confident and comfortable you are putting a ring together from separate components.

Thank you so much for this info, it was incredibly helpful. I really appreciate it.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you been following the other current similar thread?

Hatton garden bespoke will he the typical recommendation. You sometimes see this one recommended as well (I think it's not based on London though)

No idea how good they are though

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results