shape
carat
color
clarity

London Blue Topaz?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Woo for all the helpful posts!! I saw my thread had sunk to the bottom yesterday, but it''s back near the top! Thanks for all the helpful links. Does anyone think I could carry off a 25 carat topaz in a ring?!
3.gif

I''ll look through all of these links more when I''m not on break at work.
8.gif

Thanks so much for all the help!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you could rock a 25ct. Topaz ranks 8 on the Moh''s scale, so it''s wearable as a ring. However, it has perfect cleavage and some care should be exercised.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 5:20:57 PM
Author: rubybeth
Woo for all the helpful posts!! I saw my thread had sunk to the bottom yesterday, but it''s back near the top! Thanks for all the helpful links. Does anyone think I could carry off a 25 carat topaz in a ring?!
3.gif

8.gif

36.gif
I have a 24ct sky blue topaz that I like to rock. I think you could pull it off just fine! (But you''d have to watch out for your eyes, and not accidentally jabbing people with it!)

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:55:43 PM
Author: FrekeChild

3.gif

8.gif

36.gif

I have a 24ct sky blue topaz that I like to rock. I think you could pull it off just fine! (But you''d have to watch out for your eyes, and not accidentally jabbing people with it!)

LOL!!
9.gif

I guess I was thinking maybe 2 cts. at most, and put in a tiny diamond halo or bezel setting. I see onegarnetgirl''s topaz rings on Etsy and I drool.
37.gif
But, I think I''d like an asscher or a pear cut, can''t decide. Need to get my spinel set so I can work on this project!

And shaun, I''ll have to check out blue zircon as an option, too. I do love that saturated blue color that comes from the irradiation. At first, I was thinking of an aquamarine (my mom has an aqua ring that I covet
31.gif
) but topaz is a mite cheaper and has more personal significance to me.
41.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
3.gif

8.gif

36.gif

ME ME ME ME!!!

I would LOVE to see that!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results