shape
carat
color
clarity

lol, Lab Grown Warning: These Earrings May Contain Natural Diamonds

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We will see manufacturers moving out of smaller diamonds because even at -96.5% from Rapaport natural diamond prices larger diamonds are still being sold profitably by comparison to natural diamond prices.
It should be outlawed!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people are against purchasing earth-mined diamonds for ethic reasons, therefore, I can appreciate why such disclaimer is necessary.

DK :))

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nah, it’s about the money. It’s an amazing thing when you look at LGD marketing. They talk a lot about the environment and labor relations, and almost never about money. It’s easy to be an environmentalist when the money is on your side. They’re 1/2 or less the price! If someone tells you that doesn’t get their attention, they’re lying. Lab Diamonds are made of coal, just like Superman did it, but with a tiny step added in the middle. They burn the coal to make electricity first and then make diamonds out of the electricity. It’s a cool magic trick, and I love the stones, but it’s not particularly more ‘ethical’.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nah, it’s about the money. It’s an amazing thing when you look at LGD marketing. They talk a lot about the environment and labor relations, and almost never about money. It’s easy to be an environmentalist when the money is on your side. They’re 1/2 or less the price! If someone tells you that doesn’t get their attention, they’re lying. Lab Diamonds are made of coal, just like Superman did it, but with a tiny step added in the middle. They burn the coal to make electricity first and then make diamonds out of the electricity. It’s a cool magic trick, and I love the stones, but it’s not particularly more ‘ethical’.
Just as well I was not sipping coffee Neil or I would have sent you the cleaning bill!
Hilarious and bang on!
85.2% of China's energy came from fossil fuels in 2020. China is the largest grower by far of HPHT diamonds.
India has an even higher proportion of fossil fuels and is the main source of CVD diamonds.
But you can feel good that your diamond didn't come from the ground (only the coal did).
From the Economist magazine
1666222325792.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results