shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR rose/white gold double halo with cuprian and other stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won the rg/wg double halo, and this time I didn't upgrade the diamonds because they were so tiny, I didn't feel it was worth it. I'm glad I didn't because they still sparkle nicely. I always wanted to set my 1.5 carat included cuprian because as included as it is, I always thought it was a neon stone and worth setting.

Well honest opinions, as always, are welcome. The stone is not set yet.

TLdoublehalocuprian.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . .

TLdoublehalocuprian2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a pink spinel.

TLdoublehalospinel.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
with a sphene

TLdoublehalosphene.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a spessartite (smudged up with fingerprints because I couldn''t get it to sit in there).

TLdoublehalospess.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more up close

TLdoublehalocuprian3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The cuprian looks nice with that color combo, TL - it looks like it could be a smidge big for the setting, but I can''t really tell from the angle. I really like that the rose gold halo will be next to it. The red spinel (vallejo''s?) also looks very nice - just a little small. The color of that cuprian is too nice to not set.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cellentani. BTW, the red spinel is not from Vallejo. I did get it off of ebay though. It has negative crystal inclusions, so I do not think it's synthetic. I don't think I've ever seen Vallejo sell a spinel come to think of it. I wish he would.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
man TL.. I never get tired of your stones... so vivid. one of these days I''m gonna get me some bright gemmy. I got my eye on one but we''ll see how it pans out and how long it''ll last on the net
31.gif

BTW they are all so GORGEOUS!
30.gif
thanks for posting pictures, do post more though!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Nice stones TL..I do like the color of that sphene

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Very nice color combo, I really love rose gold with white metal as well. I think the two stones that look best are the cuprian and the spinel, though the spinel might be a hint small for the setting. When did you get that hot pink pretty?!? ;-)

Date: 6/29/2009 8:52:00 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
With a pink spinel.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 9:17:35 PM
Author: D&T
man TL.. I never get tired of your stones... so vivid. one of these days I'm gonna get me some bright gemmy. I got my eye on one but we'll see how it pans out and how long it'll last on the net
31.gif

BTW they are all so GORGEOUS!
30.gif
thanks for posting pictures, do post more though!
Thanks D&T,
You always have the nicest things to say!!
9.gif

Good luck on getting that gem you covet!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 9:44:26 PM
Author: amethystguy
Nice stones TL..I do like the color of that sphene
Thanks Amguy,
The sphene was from ebay, and I love the apple green color. it''s very clean as well, and the camera just cannot capture the rainbow of dispersion. I don''t know, but I keep ending back up at ebay for gems, even though it''s shark infested waters (not all ebay sellers though
2.gif
).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 9:49:04 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
Very nice color combo, I really love rose gold with white metal as well. I think the two stones that look best are the cuprian and the spinel, though the spinel might be a hint small for the setting. When did you get that hot pink pretty?!? ;-)

Date: 6/29/2009 8:52:00 PM
With a pink spinel.
Thanks SS!

I got the spinel the other day in the mail. It''s from ebay. It''s 1.75 carats, but a very deep cut stone, so it faces up rather small. It''s of Burmese origin, and pretty clean except for a few crystal inclusions. I have much better luck with ebay than any regular vendor it seems.
emotion-40.gif
33.gif
I guess I''ve been ebaying so long, I don''t know how to buy anywhere else. Ha!!

The cuprian was an ebay purchase of three or four years ago or so. I really need to get it set.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
You can do real good on ebay if you know what to look for and I can tell that you do TL...have to be a savy shopper. Yea, that sphene has a nice color. Sphene doesn''t get it''s the recognition it should. very nice!!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
That blue stone truly GLOWS... I think that that term is bandied around a bit haphazardly but I feel that the color coupled with the inclusions make that stone appear as if its has a battery inside! Since its been been unset longer personally I''d put that one in first. It also gives you more time to think about your new pretty burma spinel! FYI my hot pink burmese has two tiny white (fluffy looking) crystals too :) Maybe they are cousins heheh.

Date: 6/29/2009 10:00:28 PM

Thanks SS!

I got the spinel the other day in the mail. It''s from ebay. It''s 1.75 carats, but a very deep cut stone, so it faces up rather small. It''s of Burmese origin, and pretty clean except for a few crystal inclusions. I have much better luck with ebay than any regular vendor it seems.
emotion-40.gif
33.gif
I guess I''ve been ebaying so long, I don''t know how to buy anywhere else. Ha!!

The cuprian was an ebay purchase of three or four years ago or so. I really need to get it set.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 10:03:40 PM
Author: amethystguy
You can do real good on ebay if you know what to look for and I can tell that you do TL...have to be a savy shopper. Yea, that sphene has a nice color. Sphene doesn't get it's the recognition it should. very nice!!
Thanks Amguy. It's nice to get recognition from a fellow ebayer like yourself. I've been ebaying for almost as long as ebay has been ebay!!

Speaking of sphene, they were selling some big brown ones on Gemshopping last night (yes, I watch
emembarrassed.gif
, but I never buy), and they were so expensive. I don't care much for the brown ones. I love the apple green ones, but I would kill for a chromium sphene!!
3.gif
The sphene is around 2.5 carats, and I also have a huge 6 carat one in that same body color (ebay again!!). It's a step cut and produces a nice rainbow. Glad you are a sphene lover. Too bad they're such soft stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 10:04:43 PM
That blue stone truly GLOWS... I think that that term is bandied around a bit haphazardly but I feel that the color coupled with the inclusions make that stone appear as if its has a battery inside! Since its been been unset longer personally I''d put that one in first. It also gives you more time to think about your new pretty burma spinel! FYI my hot pink burmese has two tiny white (fluffy looking) crystals too :) Maybe they are cousins heheh.
Thanks for the kind words on the cuprian. IMO, it''s a neon stone, but I don''t mind if people beg to differ. In sunlight, it practically looks radioactive. This is my sunlight shot of the stone. Even with the ugly brown inclusion, I just love it.

TLdigicam18.JPG

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am an e-bay newbie, but I am slowly building up my collection of trusted sellers. I wish that some of that cuprian was still around at reasonable prices. I need a good cuprian, but I ust can''t find any that has good colour and a reasonable price. I guess I missed the timing.

Now, sphene and sphelarite are two awsome, underappreciated gems. I got a really nice sphelarite from gemline and it outshine basically anything.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 10:16:59 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I am an e-bay newbie, but I am slowly building up my collection of trusted sellers. I wish that some of that cuprian was still around at reasonable prices. I need a good cuprian, but I ust can't find any that has good colour and a reasonable price. I guess I missed the timing.

Now, sphene and sphelarite are two awsome, underappreciated gems. I got a really nice sphelarite from gemline and it outshine basically anything.
Sphalerite is a gorgeous stone, and I have a nice one from Multicolour.com (what? NOT ebay??!!!). Too bad it's only like a 4 or 5 on the Mohs scale (I forget). It makes diamond look like a dead stone. Can you imagine if sphalerite was a hard stone? It would sell for so much more than it does now.

I recently got a very pretty minty 2 carat pear shaped cuprian on ebay. It's not as glowy as this one, but it's a really pretty color, and it's a very bright stone. It has the needles specific to the locale. You can still find some pretty cuprians on ebay, but not like a few years ago when ebay was "cuprian heaven." Even one of my favorite cuprian sellers on ebay has nothing that glows anymore. Very sad!
39.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Please set the cuprian there TL, it is truly beautiful! Blingalicious truly fits here. I had to laugh in delight when I saw that combo. Your neon kitten just purrs in there
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 10:13:50 PM

Date: 6/29/2009 10:04:43 PM
Thanks for the kind words on the cuprian. IMO, it''s a neon stone, but I don''t mind if people beg to differ. In sunlight, it practically looks radioactive. This is my sunlight shot of the stone. Even with the ugly brown inclusion, I just love it.
Wow, I''m pretty sure you could take down superman with that thing! I like it in that setting TL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MariedTiger and TG. I don't know about taking down Superman though!! My little boys might have something to say about that!!

Here's a further away hand shot, since D&T wanted more pics. Sorry for the awful fingernails, which is why I don't do too many far away hand shots!!

TLdoublehalocuprian4.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW,
Here is the original vendor picture of the cuprian. I had a feeling that it would end up being a neon stone, even though the vendor photo leaves much to be desired. You can clearly see the brown inclusion in here. Windowed, badly cut and included, but as I always say, "color is everything!!"

cuprianvendorpic.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the color of that stone. And the far away hand shots really show off the setting. Congrats on winning that.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 10:49:41 PM
BTW,
Here is the original vendor picture of the cuprian. I had a feeling that it would end up being a neon stone, even though the vendor photo leaves much to be desired. You can clearly see the brown inclusion in here. Windowed, badly cut and included, but as I always say, ''color is everything!!''
Funny thing is, in all your pics, I can''t really see a window. In one pic, I see a slightly darker area in the middle, but it didn''t jump out at me as a window. And maybe I''m weird, but I actually like the brown inclusions. But whatever faults it has, you''re right that the color more than makes up for it. Set that baby!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh more picts thanks TL! Fantastic hand shot...I love that cuprian in the setting!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 10:55:49 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
LOVE the color of that stone. And the far away hand shots really show off the setting. Congrats on winning that.
Thanks SH!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 11:37:08 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 6/29/2009 10:49:41 PM
BTW,
Here is the original vendor picture of the cuprian. I had a feeling that it would end up being a neon stone, even though the vendor photo leaves much to be desired. You can clearly see the brown inclusion in here. Windowed, badly cut and included, but as I always say, ''color is everything!!''
Funny thing is, in all your pics, I can''t really see a window. In one pic, I see a slightly darker area in the middle, but it didn''t jump out at me as a window. And maybe I''m weird, but I actually like the brown inclusions. But whatever faults it has, you''re right that the color more than makes up for it. Set that baby!!
Cellentani,
Yes, there''s a window, but it does close up a little in the setting.

Thanks again!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 11:45:13 PM
Author: D&T
oooh more picts thanks TL! Fantastic hand shot...I love that cuprian in the setting!
36.gif
D&T
Thanks again, and glad you like the pics. I''ll take more when it''s set!! I have to get some outdoor sunshine shots in the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results