shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies who''ve ordered from LOGR:

When you''ve upgraded, do you upgrade from 14K to 18K *and* upgrade diamonds? Or do you leave the 14K and just upgrade the diamonds? I think I will most definitely upgrade the diamonds, since I am unfortunately picky, but I''m not sure the gold matters that much (unless you convince me otherwise!).

Thanks in advance! You ladies are the BEST!
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never upgrade the gold, just the diamonds!

Hope it turns out lovely. Which setting are you going for?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only reason I would upgrade the gold is if I was buyiing a stone that needed a softer metal, or a more warm color of yellow or rose gold. However I always upgrade the diamonds on the LOGR''s and keep the 14K gold. I have rings of his in 14K yellow, white and rose gold.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
em..........what''s LOGR?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
lord of gem rings

Sells ring mountings on ebay.
31.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t upgrade the gold - it''s really not necessary. I never have, and never had a problem! If you have the money to spare, I would consider upgrading the diamonds - I haven''t yet for my LOGR settings, but I plan to for my tourmaline I''m going to set soon. I think TL saw quite a difference between regular and upgraded diamonds - I''d say it''s worth it.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone! You confirmed my desire to upgrade just the diamonds and not the gold.
1.gif

LovingDiamonds, I''m hoping to get this setting: 5x7 Emerald for my purpley Dan Stair emerald cut spinel. I''m hoping it looks as good as Lauren''s yellow sapphire in a similar (or the same?) LOGR setting.

TL, I''m thinking the spinel will be okay in the 14K since it''s fairly hard. What do you think?

Po, check out LaurenThePartier''s threads featuring the search term "LOGR"! You''ll be drooling all over your keyboard, I''m sure.
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl, thanks for the vote of confidence. I don''t *really* have any money to spare on this project, but it''s going to be a graduation present for myself when I finish my masters degree (can''t wait for the tax refund...). I think I''ve earned it after 2.5 years in school!
27.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 2:56:51 PM
Author: rubybeth
Thanks, everyone! You confirmed my desire to upgrade just the diamonds and not the gold.
1.gif

LovingDiamonds, I''m hoping to get this setting: 5x7 Emerald for my purpley Dan Stair emerald cut spinel. I''m hoping it looks as good as Lauren''s yellow sapphire in a similar (or the same?) LOGR setting.

TL, I''m thinking the spinel will be okay in the 14K since it''s fairly hard. What do you think?

Po, check out LaurenThePartier''s threads featuring the search term ''LOGR''! You''ll be drooling all over your keyboard, I''m sure.
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl, thanks for the vote of confidence. I don''t *really* have any money to spare on this project, but it''s going to be a graduation present for myself when I finish my masters degree (can''t wait for the tax refund...). I think I''ve earned it after 2.5 years in school!
27.gif
Your spinel will do just fine in 14K gold. Please post pics when you get it with and without the spinel in there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results