shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR or jewelryhoo?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to decide beteen these two for a setting I want. If anyone has had positive or negative experiences that could help me decide, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have now purchased settings from both and the items have been delivered. Still yet to be set at my local jewelry, into the ring settings, so can not speak as to that aspect, but the items I received were very good (considering this is eBay not custom). I was really impressed with the delivery time - it was only about a week from payment to Canada.

What bothered me was the amount of duty I had to pay - ugh! d^^m you Customs!!! grrr :angryfire: :angryfire:

The fit, polish, diamond melee were all acceptable and I am getting excited to set my coloured stones! Have a tourmaline, morganite and CC garnet to be set. :razz:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Have purchased from jewelryhoo. I forgot to mention I needed the ring re-sized when I won the auction and so sent a message a bit later, and it wasn't sized when I got it. Wasn't a big deal since I had to get my stone set and my local jeweler sized it then. I later lost a melee stone, but it was $20 to replace and the jeweler tightened everything up, no issues since. I liked a setting from LOGR for a 5x7 emerald, but the jewelryhoo setting was a bit less expensive and more dainty.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for your input! I have the general impression that LOGR makes more robust pieces, but they have quoted me double what jewelryhoo did. On the other hand, it's not that much in the first place. I just thought I would see if anyone else had more experience. So far the only thing I've seen from jewelryhoo was very thin and looked like it would break right away.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a jewelryhoo setting and it was very lightweight but I had no issues with durability.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just back from the jewellers, to set one of my stones (green tourmaline from a PS vendor.... can't wait to see it finished!) and the setting I chose from Jewelryhoo had diamonds set in the 4 mounting prongs. My jeweller says this is now no longer a 'simple mount' process where he drops the stone and sets it because of the way the diamonds are 'drilled' into the prongs. This won't affect your decision, but I just wanted to pass that information along. I didn't consider that when purchasing a stone, that setting and set locally, could run into a problem with the risk of further costs should one of the 4 prongs get damaged during the setting process. He explained that with diamonds in the prongs set too high up, there is little space for him to work with and the stone could be set too high. wait and see....

I have now learned something and should be better prepared for the next time - hopefully! ;))

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Enerchi, that's very useful to know. Your ring sounds beautiful. What does the setting look like?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have over 30 settings from the various china sellers. LOGR has the highest quality but also the highest prices. I had no problems with any of my settings and my local jewellers are always shocked at how little I paid. I acquired most of my settings when they had a lot of auctions - many of my settings were around $100. I lucked out and got one for $20 and another for $60.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is my $20 setting. I believe it was from jewelryhoo but one of his other screennames.
CharmyPoo-SpinelTanzinatePair.jpg

These are LOGR settings ..
CharmyPoo-AfghanTourmailne.jpg
CharmyPoo-GreenTourmailne.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those are all stunners! Thanks so much for sharing them. What are the stones in the pink and blue ring?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1319952385|3050275 said:
Wow! Those are all stunners! Thanks so much for sharing them. What are the stones in the pink and blue ring?

It is a Tanzanite and a Spinel. They were both cut by Barry Bridgestock (http://www.acstones.com) who is just awesome. He cut these stones for this ring.

Which settings are you considering? I find that LOGR does an exceptional job with halos. Honestly, I have expensive custom pieces, B&M pieces, less expensive pieces from local jewelers - LOGR and these chinese sellers do a very good job. Well worth their money. I don't know if they will stand up to daily wear but when I compare them to pieces from local jewelers .. I really don't see the difference. Heck .. I think they probably have many of their settings made in China anyways.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh Charmypoo!!! those are yummy little trinkets you have there!!! Wow - and to have won them for under a $100!! you are a lucky lady :appl: :appl: :appl:

Periwinklegurl - If I can find a photo of the setting, I'll post it, otherwise I pick it up Nov 11 and can post a photo then. The stone is amazing - 9x7mm from PS coloured stone vendor, flawless blue/green tourmaline, portuguese cut oval shape. So excited to see it finished :cheeky:

Good luck making your selection for your setting!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully this worked...?? tried to take the image from eBay and then add to photo album... not so tech savvy, FYI!

My jewellers comment was the diamonds are drilled on the prongs and the last diamond is drilled at the proper level for notching to set the stone. He's going to do the best he can and hopefully, it won't be an issue that might require the removal of the mount and replacing it with a solid/plain mount. I am keeping my fingers crossed - these were the details I chose this setting FOR!!! ARGH! :roll:

r20 (1).JPG

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My settings from them were all prong or bead set. I haven't seen this drilled in melee before.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results