shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR- anyone upgrade the melee in the pave? is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Thanks so much for the input- after reading what the owner of the eternity band said, I am considering upgrading to the full cut diamonds- it''s 300 more for a carat- do you think it''s worth it? Has anyone upgraded to the full cut diamonds? UGH! I wish he hadn''t raised his prices!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what you''re asking...are you referring to upgrading the diamond clarity?

If so, I did upgrade diamonds to VS in a pave setting, though I do not have any other rings from them so I have nothing to compare.

I did check the diamonds with my microscope at work. All the melee in the setting I purchased are full cuts. There is neither a single cut nor mismatched "dud" among them.

Even if you upgrade diamonds though I would try not to expect perfection from these settings. I already purchased a mounting from them but personally would not invest that much more in a pave band.

I can''t remember the name of the person who bought the pave band, but she said that the diamonds weren''t full cut- I emailed him and he said they were not- but it would be another 300.00 to upgrade for a full carat
I want to make sure it will sparkle-

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think anyone has purchased a pave setting with full cut diamonds from him, so you''ll be the guinea pig probably. Ask him what the return policy is for that if you don''t like it. He may keep the setting fee, or some other fees.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
How big is the melee? If the stones are quite small, you may actually get a better look with single cuts (or so says Leon Mege - whom I guess knows a thing or two about pave).

i knew I had read that somewhere! I don''t know- Leon says that- but another buyer of the .61 eternity band says that they don''t sparkle enough- and she wished she had gotten the full cut- what to do......

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 12:00:51 AM
Author: waiting_impatiently_2008
i knew I had read that somewhere! I don''t know- Leon says that- but another buyer of the .61 eternity band says that they don''t sparkle enough- and she wished she had gotten the full cut- what to do......

It''s not necessarily because hers are single cut...you get what you pay for often with diamonds. I doubt the quality of the melee stones that LOGR uses is on par with Leon''s melee...

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results