shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR advice communication/sizing issue?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys and gals! I recently won an LOGR auction for the 5mm pave band ring. The listing didn''t say how much it would cost to resize but I didn''t think about asking before hand, figured it be either $10 or $30 but either way no big deal, or so I thought.

"Metal Type: Solid 14k White Gold
Gold Weight: 2.00grams
USA Size: 6.5
UK Size: N
For a small additional cost the ring can be made in any other size, or metal, including 14K/18K yellow/white/rose gold or Pt900."

After the auction ended I asked what it would cost to be made in a size 9 or 10.

Their reply, "Sorry,size 9 or 10 is too big for #370363947319 ,we are not able to make it for you.
Thanks."

I then copied and pasted the above info from their listing stating it could be made in any other size for an additional cost.

Their response, "That statement is not accurate. We can make it in size 9 or 10, but it won''t look good any more so we will not make it.
When you requested it to be in size 9 or 10, you also implied that it should be look good.
Thanks"

What in the world do I do? It''s a solitaire type band so I don''t understand why it wouldn''t look good. Maybe the pave wouldn''t go finger to finger? It sounds like they are unwilling to even work with me on this as they say they will not make it in a 9 or 10. Is it just the language barrier? I don''t get it. I''m feeling irritated but not sure if I should.

Any advice? If they can''t make it in a 9 or 10 I don''t want to go through with the purchase. Will I get negative feedback? How should I go about this?

LOGR PAVE BAND 2010-04-20.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2010 10:43:11 AM
Author:brandy_z28
Hey guys and gals! I recently won an LOGR auction for the 5mm pave band ring. The listing didn't say how much it would cost to resize but I didn't think about asking before hand, figured it be either $10 or $30 but either way no big deal, or so I thought.

'Metal Type: Solid 14k White Gold

For a small additional cost the ring can be made in any other size, or metal, including 14K/18K yellow/white/rose gold or Pt900.'

After the auction ended I asked what it would cost to be made in a size 9 or 10.

Their reply, 'Sorry,size 9 or 10 is too big for #370363947319 ,we are not able to make it for you.

Thanks.'

I then copied and pasted the above info from their listing stating it could be made in any other size for an additional cost.

Their response, 'That statement is not accurate. We can make it in size 9 or 10, but it won't look good any more so we will not make it.

When you requested it to be in size 9 or 10, you also implied that it should be look good.

Thanks'

What in the world do I do? It's a solitaire type band so I don't understand why it wouldn't look good. Maybe the pave wouldn't go finger to finger? It sounds like they are unwilling to even work with me on this as they say they will not make it in a 9 or 10. Is it just the language barrier? I don't get it. I'm feeling irritated but not sure if I should.

Any advice? If they can't make it in a 9 or 10 I don't want to go through with the purchase. Will I get negative feedback? How should I go about this?

That's extremely odd. They should be able to resize it for you. I never had that problem with Stephen. Tell them you will pay for resizing, and if they still refuse, ask him to cancel the transaction since you had assumed from the listing, you are able to resize. You should not get negative feedback because you were under the assumption, based on the listing, that you could resize.

Quick question? Did you win it for a very very low price?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem is that the diamonds are pave set. You can only re-size a pave set ring so far without damaging the integrity of the setting.

Also, I would think, that LOGR work from casts in certain sizes. This means (if I remember correctly) that the diamonds are actually cast in the gold together. The problem is that you end up with tiny claws holding the diamonds in. Pre-cast settings are also very difficult to re-size more than 1 or 2 sizes for the same reasons as above.

Even if they could re-size, the work that would be involved to make sure the ring looked good and the diamonds were secure would be quite lengthy and I suspect would make the sale not cost effective.

Will Stephan cancel your bid or perhaps suggest another ring that they could make for you that would work?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a size 9, and I have at least 20 LOGR''s and all were sized to a 9, and many had a pave shank like that one.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 11:29:04 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 4/20/2010 10:43:11 AM
Author:brandy_z28
Hey guys and gals! I recently won an LOGR auction for the 5mm pave band ring. The listing didn''t say how much it would cost to resize but I didn''t think about asking before hand, figured it be either $10 or $30 but either way no big deal, or so I thought.

''Metal Type: Solid 14k White Gold

For a small additional cost the ring can be made in any other size, or metal, including 14K/18K yellow/white/rose gold or Pt900.''

Their reply, ''Sorry,size 9 or 10 is too big for #370363947319 ,we are not able to make it for you.

Thanks.''

Their response, ''That statement is not accurate. We can make it in size 9 or 10, but it won''t look good any more so we will not make it.

Thanks''

What in the world do I do? It''s a solitaire type band so I don''t understand why it wouldn''t look good. Maybe the pave wouldn''t go finger to finger? It sounds like they are unwilling to even work with me on this as they say they will not make it in a 9 or 10. Is it just the language barrier? I don''t get it. I''m feeling irritated but not sure if I should.

Any advice? If they can''t make it in a 9 or 10 I don''t want to go through with the purchase. Will I get negative feedback? How should I go about this?

That''s extremely odd. They should be able to resize it for you. I never had that problem with Stephen. Tell them you will pay for resizing, and if they still refuse, ask him to cancel the transaction since you had assumed from the listing, you are able to resize. You should not get negative feedback because you were under the assumption, based on the listing, that you could resize.

Quick question? Did you win it for a very very low price?
I won the auction for $92.66 and the buy it now price for that ring is $129. So I got the ring for a good price but not what I''d call a steal.
33.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 11:35:25 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I wear a size 9, and I have at least 20 LOGR''s and all were sized to a 9, and many had a pave shank like that one.
This would only be my 4th LOGR and didn''t even considered that sizing would be a big deal but I do see what LD is saying about the pave as being a possible issue. I''ve had all of my rings made in a 9 or 10 and the one I just had my tourmaline set in had pave down the sides. No issues whatsoever when I requested a bigger size. *sigh*

Thanks for the input!
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 11:33:23 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
The problem is that the diamonds are pave set. You can only re-size a pave set ring so far without damaging the integrity of the setting.

Also, I would think, that LOGR work from casts in certain sizes. This means (if I remember correctly) that the diamonds are actually cast in the gold together. The problem is that you end up with tiny claws holding the diamonds in. Pre-cast settings are also very difficult to re-size more than 1 or 2 sizes for the same reasons as above.

Even if they could re-size, the work that would be involved to make sure the ring looked good and the diamonds were secure would be quite lengthy and I suspect would make the sale not cost effective.

Will Stephan cancel your bid or perhaps suggest another ring that they could make for you that would work?

I agree. I also think that they work with casts, and it might not be structurally sound to create that ring in a size 9...if that is the case, they should have made that VERY clear in the listing. I definitely understand your irritation.

I have that particular ring, and the diamonds come down exactly halfway down the ring and reach finger to finger(I wear a size 5). The diamond weight on that ring is only .08, so I think I see what Stephen means in that it might not "look good", but I don''t really think its his call to make if the listing implies it can be sized upwards.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it helps, I don''t think Stephen will hold it against you with negative feedback, if you cancel, based on this new information.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I sent LOGR a message saying that I was willing to pay for the resizing but if they weren''t willing to size the ring that I wanted to cancel my purchase. The listing stated that it could be resized. I''m still feeling bummed about it though. I wanted that setting for my little Bob Kast ruby.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results