shape
carat
color
clarity

Locket question

William1967

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me anything about this piece? It was in a rather wet environment and everything around it, bronze, copper nickel etc had corroded or rusted and this piece was in good condition. From my limited research I saw an identical one with different stones listed as being 18k gold and rather old, possibly late 1800's. It's slightly smaller than a quarter. One stone looks to be a ruby or garnet and the other possibly a diamond. No markings but I think that the markings on these were on the ring that holds the chain but I can't see any. Any info or educated guesses welcome. 20200803_000509.jpg 20200803_000600.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is beautiful! I love the spider!
It has the right color for gold.
If so, then the stones are probably diamond and ruby.
You should have the metal tested by a jeweler or pawn shop to be sure.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too love the spider web
nice find
good luck !

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet.
if there’s no hallmark it’s possible that it is gold lined / filled.
Back in the day jewellery was sometimes silver with a decent coating of gold over the top.

William1967

Rough_Rock
Had it tested with a laser gun looking thing at a reputable jeweler/coin dealer. It tested at 16k gold. The ruby is real also. Scrap price offered was $315 weight is 8g. I saw another one almost identical that was from the late 1800's.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Had it tested with a laser gun looking thing at a reputable jeweler/coin dealer. It tested at 16k gold. The ruby is real also. Scrap price offered was $315 weight is 8g. I saw another one almost identical that was from the late 1800's.

Hell no! Many would give you a lot more including myself! With verification of course.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

So its a keeper ?

William1967

Rough_Rock
Probably going to sell it so I can get a really nice watch. Definitely not going to scrap it I was told that it was from the late eighteen hundreds. What do you think would be a good asking price?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Check out Etsy and eBay for 15k English antique lockets, so that you can come up with comparable items to decide your price.

Gorgeous locket!

William1967

Rough_Rock
After reading some of the horror stories about scams on higher priced jewelry and watches on ebay. I may just have to scrap it after all.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Please don’t scrap it. There are buyers out there who will give you more than scrap value.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
After reading some of the horror stories about scams on higher priced jewelry and watches on ebay. I may just have to scrap it after all.

Or at least sell it for the same amount to someone who wants it?

It's really beautiful and it would be ashamed to be melted down :/

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Please go to loupetroop dot com and you can quickly make a profile and easily list that gorgeous spooky locket!

List the details you gave us here and sell it for the price he gave you scrap and someone will adore and cherish it & you'll still get the same amount.

If you have any questions about LT don't hesitate to ask!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please don't scape it
its survived this long in one piece and its really cool
Too cool to scrap

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@William1967 this post is old and it’s your only post but I still figured I would ask in case you do see my reply. What became of this locket? I think it’s amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results