shape
carat
color
clarity

Lockdowns in India impede the shipment of the diamond

Lingyan Ma

Rough_Rock
I purchased a diamond at the beginning of April but the shipment of it is delayed by the COVID-19 lockdowns in India, so no one knows when the diamond can be shipped from India. It really sucks... Does anyone here know anything about this issue? How long will I wait? Thank you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one can predict stuff like this, unfortunately.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If possible, try to get your money back and buy one that is more local to where you live.

India is currently in the middle of the worst spike since the beginning of the pandemic - there are 168k+ new cases happening daily and the trend is going upwards, which is really alarming because in every spike last year the number of daily new cases did not cross 97-98k per day. If your diamond is located in Mumbai (which is likely) there is most probably going to be a complete lockdown imposed from April 14th onwards (as a step up from the current lockdown there which is on weekend, night and recreational activity). The current lockdown measures are prescribed to be until April 30th, but this will likely be extended. I think you can expect something like restrictions in place until some time in May. Do you know where the diamond is located currently? I might be able to give you more accurate info for the location you are in. I took an educated guess on Mumbai since that seems to be the biggest centre for diamonds in India (well, Surat for cutting/polishing, but Mumbai for selling).

I'm sorry, the situation sucks.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a freind in Mumbai
Things are really bad there
Its really unfortunate if your diamond is caught up in it but people need to stay home to be safe
im sure it will get to you, just not as quick as precovid times

I have a freind in Mumbai
Things are really bad there
Its really unfortunate if your diamond is caught up in it but people need to stay home to be safe
im sure it will get to you, just not as quick as precovid times

I hope your friend stays safe. I used to live in Mumbai and I have lots of family there still and its really scary how people are falling like ninepins. Every single family member of mine who live in Mumbai (with the exception of one aunt and one cousin) has had covid. Luckily they have all recovered so far.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sad to hear; i hope things ease up there with the new lockdown

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope your friend stays safe. I used to live in Mumbai and I have lots of family there still and its really scary how people are falling like ninepins. Every single family member of mine who live in Mumbai (with the exception of one aunt and one cousin) has had covid. Luckily they have all recovered so far.

Oh my goodness thank goodness they got better
my freind has had the vacine and can work from home so they don't need child care but his wife is under 45 and isnt illegible for the vacine yet and she has to go out to work every day

One of the things i hate most about the pandemic is its so all consuming of resources no one seems to be in a position where a country can go and give practical on the ground help to another country in need like with Ebola or in natural disasters
I know govts are shearing info and western nations are buying vacine for poorer nations but no one has spair nurses to go and help

mihirksh

Rough_Rock
Hi .. I am from Mumbai .. I was just going through the posts ...it is actually sad that the 2nd wave is very effective in Mumbai..But i can say that the majority people affected through this virus are all above 50 aged .. for younger generations it like a flu, treated and back to normal.

But work is going on in Diamond industry its just like 50% attendence is allowed in all offices and even the State government of Maharashtra ( where Mumbai is capital city ) has said that Gems and Jewellery sections will continue its exports and there will be no restrictions.

I am sure you will get positive answer from your supplier. Lockdown is there till 30th April but its not strict lock down. I myself wanted to buy 2 pcs of 1ct for earrings i was waiting for the USD/INR to cool down a little bit its been rising since i decided to buy them :( But still the suppliers are responding well and helping me out to finalise the deal.

Anyways good luck to you ..if you need any help from my side let me know will try to help you out ...Cheers 2021-04-15 (2).png

mihirksh

Rough_Rock
I purchased a diamond at the beginning of April but the shipment of it is delayed by the COVID-19 lockdowns in India, so no one knows when the diamond can be shipped from India. It really sucks... Does anyone here know anything about this issue? How long will I wait? Thank you!

Reading your previous post about selecting diamond between 1.28 or 1.36 ...

Did you select 1.36ct G VS1 .. ? GIA ?

That is a really beautiful diamond i should say ..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi .. I am from Mumbai .. I was just going through the posts ...it is actually sad that the 2nd wave is very effective in Mumbai..But i can say that the majority people affected through this virus are all above 50 aged .. for younger generations it like a flu, treated and back to normal.

But work is going on in Diamond industry its just like 50% attendence is allowed in all offices and even the State government of Maharashtra ( where Mumbai is capital city ) has said that Gems and Jewellery sections will continue its exports and there will be no restrictions.

I am sure you will get positive answer from your supplier. Lockdown is there till 30th April but its not strict lock down. I myself wanted to buy 2 pcs of 1ct for earrings i was waiting for the USD/INR to cool down a little bit its been rising since i decided to buy them :( But still the suppliers are responding well and helping me out to finalise the deal.

Anyways good luck to you ..if you need any help from my side let me know will try to help you out ...Cheers 2021-04-15 (2).png

India was on the news again tonight
Take care @mihirksh and all our Indian freinds

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes thanks a lot for the concern @Daisys and Diamonds .. No doubts my phone was beeping messages from my friends in Italy & UK asking about my well being. Staying home is the best option.

I am concerned for all countries but ive always had a soft spot for our Indian freinds because you love cricket so much, so ive been watching how the pandemic has been going for you all over there

I saw some very large mass gatherings on the news tonight in India :cry2:
I know religion is important too so many people all around the world but surleys everybody's God(s) wants people to be safe :(2

mihirksh

Rough_Rock
Well if you talk about India its diversified with religions and languages to follow ..
If you look at the events happening in India you will not be surprised that the 2nd wave has taken a toll ..

• West Bengal ( Eastern part of India ) having elections, this is going on since 1 month..rallies and meetings
  • IPL 2021 ( empty stadiums ) but still gatherings are there
  • Many festival celebrations were this week for different regions and religions
  • Farmers protesting for farmers Bill
  • Kumbh Mela where devotees take a bath in holy Ganga river.. comes in numbers
  • Population is so much that most of them are free and have no work and Indians are good in savings .. they save good money for future ..investing in gold and bank deposits so now they are not that much fearful ..financially.
Sometimes i think Indians are taking this like a terrorist attacks .. when it happened they feared felt sorry for them who died, happy that they are still alive and next week all back to normal ... this happened with Corona aswell.. but it backfired and now things are out of control ...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well if you talk about India its diversified with religions and languages to follow ..
If you look at the events happening in India you will not be surprised that the 2nd wave has taken a toll ..

• West Bengal ( Eastern part of India ) having elections, this is going on since 1 month..rallies and meetings
  • IPL 2021 ( empty stadiums ) but still gatherings are there
  • Many festival celebrations were this week for different regions and religions
  • Farmers protesting for farmers Bill
  • Kumbh Mela where devotees take a bath in holy Ganga river.. comes in numbers
  • Population is so much that most of them are free and have no work and Indians are good in savings .. they save good money for future ..investing in gold and bank deposits so now they are not that much fearful ..financially.
Sometimes i think Indians are taking this like a terrorist attacks .. when it happened they feared felt sorry for them who died, happy that they are still alive and next week all back to normal ... this happened with Corona aswell.. but it backfired and now things are out of control ...

It was the Kumbh Mela i saw on telly tonight
With stadiums empty i didn't think of mass gatherings with the IPL but it makes sence fans want to watch with their buddies

Its a pity the powers at be didn't postpone the elections in West Bengal - NZ postponed our general elections last year and nobody complained (much)

All you can do - no matter where we live - is ensure the safety of our own house holds
I do not trust anybody i don't live with no matter how much we love them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results