shape
carat
color
clarity

Local jeweler

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
So I purchased my engagement ring in 2019 from a local jewelry store with a great rep. A couple of things have thrown me off since I
Bought it in 2019 and found this website. It is a A.JAFFE ME-100-1280 trellis 18k white gold setting which I still love. However,Recently I found out that A.JAFFE STAMPS ALL THEIR SETTINGS IN THE INSIDE OF THE BANDS WITH A BLACK LOGO WITH THEIR NAME REAL TINY. However, I have never or ever seen this on the snide inside of my setting. Should I take it to my jewelry store from where I bought it and say something. Because I got it cleaned by them about six months ago. And need to go back because the 18k white gold is starting to tarnish I can see smears of yellow on the top of the band. I want to take it to them and have them redip it in the rhodium that must be coming off due to wear and tear. On A JAFFES website it says they will work with any jewelry store that says ld you one of their settings to Make sure it looks like the first day you got it. I know you really have to stay on top of and upkeep 18k white gold. But should it be tarnished like that if I bought it in 2019? I have a lifetime of cleanings with the jeweler I bought it from. But don’t kno if that involves redipping. Second, I had bought a Forevermark 1 ct , F, SI2, Excellent cut polish symmetry diamond from the same jewelry store to go with that setting. After I proposed both my fiancé and I agreed it looked a lot bigger the stone round brilliant cut from what we remember when we bought it. So when I found out here about the site diamond.com and put in the measurements of the stone which says 1ct, turns out face up it looks like a 0.89 stone. They sold us a lemon in my mind. With all the hoop La Forevermark swears by their diamonds. I would never buy from them again. Not worth it. But back then I did not have this website with all its knowledge to know better. They didn’t even give us the option of buying a lab grown diamond or a Earth diamond that wasn’t a Forevermark. We researched the four C’s but know I know my stuff if I had to do all over again. (Which I did and posted in a different thread). Do you think I should mention there is no AJAFFE STAMP IN THE INSIDE OF THE SETTING WHEN I GO TO GET IT REDIPPED? And mention that face up this one in million Forevermark Damond does not look it’s weight. And bring the certificate I got with the diamond from them?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes it sound like the rhodium coating is wearing off
its not tarnish
it is bad if they did not explain this to you when it was purchased that it will need regular recoating
but its pretty normal especially for a ring you wear a lot to need to be replated
they should be able to recoat it for you, it shoulnt be very expensive

if you still love your ring try not to be dissalushoned to the point you dont know enjoy it
i have brought things from a bricks and mortar jewler and with more knowledge i have less love for things i once adored, but i now try to remember the joy it brought me
i realize an ER is a significant and costly purchase and you feel dissapointed
you may have to just chalk it up to experience
a lot of the ladies around these parts (pricescope) upgradetheir ER's or have multible sets, but that is unusual in my country amoung the general population

do you have a loupe to check for the logo- ?
i would ask them
did the ring have to be resizied at all -maybe the stamp was lost that way ?

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
yes it sound like the rhodium coating is wearing off
its not tarnish
it is bad if they did not explain this to you when it was purchased that it will need regular recoating
but its pretty normal especially for a ring you wear a lot to need to be replated
they should be able to recoat it for you, it shoulnt be very expensive

if you still love your ring try not to be dissalushoned to the point you dont know enjoy it
i have brought things from a bricks and mortar jewler and with more knowledge i have less love for things i once adored, but i now try to remember the joy it brought me
i realize an ER is a significant and costly purchase and you feel dissapointed
you may have to just chalk it up to experience
a lot of the ladies around these parts (pricescope) upgradetheir ER's or have multible sets, but that is unusual in my country amoung the general population

do you have a loupe to check for the logo- ?
i would ask them
did the ring have to be resizied at all -maybe the stamp was lost that way ?
Hi! Yes I had to resize the ring about six months ago to make it bigger. But I think I would have noticed it since 2019. I wil attach a pic of their logo so you can see. And the second pic is of my actual ring so I purchased a 3mm thick band and I think even more so being a thicker than the average band would def be there and noticeable. Thank you for the valuable info!
IMG_7265.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7266.jpeg
    IMG_7266.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 6

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Do you mind sharing the dimensions and proportions/angles of your diamond?
Diamonds can vary wildly for face-up size due to differences in depth, girdle thicknesses,etc.

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
Diamonds can vary wildly for face-up size due to differences in depth, girdle thicknesses,etc.

Hi I already figured out after putting the measurements into diamdb that it doesn’t look its weight because it is cut too deep which makes it a chubby cut stone. It says 1ct on the certificate that came with it but it looks more like a diamond that weighs 0.88cts because it is cut too deep 64.4% from the face up view. It’s cut too deep which makes it a chubby

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock

And @DejaWiz I would have only known to do that and anything now including the terms I’m using is because of you and all the others who have taught me so much since I joined pricescope in 2020. Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
And @DejaWiz I would have only known to do that and anything now including the terms I’m using is because of you and all the others who have taught me so much since I joined pricescope in 2020. Thank you!

You're very welcome!
Any wheels spinning about reapproaching the diamond situation? Replace it, maybe with an ideally proportioned LGD? If the setting can't be modded to house a well proportioned 1+ ct, then even a similar diameter 0.86-0.90 might really bring it to life...think of it like going from old fashioned halogens to HID headlights.
We can find and make some recommendations. :)

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
Well as of tomorrow at 11:30am, my mom is coming over with my new upgrade th
You're very welcome!
Any wheels spinning about reapproaching the diamond situation? Replace it, maybe with an ideally proportioned LGD? If the setting can't be modded to house a well proportioned 1+ ct, then even a similar diameter 0.86-0.90 might really bring it to life...think of it like going from old fashioned halogens to HID headlights.
We can find and make some recommendations. :)
Well I was going to wait til tomorrow when it is in my hands but all the research I have done on here for the last year especially has finally paid off. My mom jumped on board as well and replaced her E. Ring that was stolen back at n the 80’s when I told her I was ready to pull the trigger. We both bought our rings from RockHer.com. I was so hesitant not hearing much about them on here. But what led me to my round brilliant LGD, 2.13 cts, G color, VS2, Ideal cut was finding it on stonealgo. It was listed on that set under Adiamor’s website with a 9.3 cut score and priced reasonably for $1.323 if I remember correctly. Now I love Adiamor. But with some more searching I found the same exact stone by the IGI cert number listed on RockHer for $828. I put the measurements into diamdb.com and the ring came up as in range with a green thumbs up. I know I know I bought an IGI certified ring and not at least a GCAL. And no it isn’t HPHT made either, it’s a CVD IIa stone. But I just knew in my heart this was the one in my price range. I bought a setting from RockHer as well to set my stone because their settings were half off so I love simplicity and bought a white gold petite knife edge 2mm thick band in a four prong high setting. I do have to say I don’t think even at half off that their prices for their settings are reasonable. They have well priced diamonds but their settings are pricey. But I fell in love with my setting and it was exactly what I wanted. My ring arrived at my moms house yesterday along with hers. I was going to wait until it was in my own hands to open but I couldn’t wait so she sent me a blurry pic of my ring on her finger but at least I got that close to it til she comes over tomorrow and that’s when I will take some great photos and post them. My mom said my ring is drop dead gorgeous and the picture she sent me doesn’t do it justice.

And I’m also currently working with a jeweler from Etsy who is creating me from scratch a 3 ct colorless rose cut diamond in a four prong interwoven white gold solitaire setting. I sent him all my ideas and explained in detail to him what I wanted the setting to look like with the stone and he sent me the CAD and I could not believe from what I told him I had in my mind and from the different pictures I found with what I wanted down to even what style the prongs had to be etc, that he was able to create a CAD of exactly what I wanted. This ring will be for my middle finger on my right hand. How exciting I okayed the CAD two days ago. So I am looking forward to seeing my final project and can’t wait to show the pictures of the finished project here!

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
Well as of tomorrow at 11:30am, my mom is coming over with my new upgrade th

Well I was going to wait til tomorrow when it is in my hands but all the research I have done on here for the last year especially has finally paid off. My mom jumped on board as well and replaced her E. Ring that was stolen back at n the 80’s when I told her I was ready to pull the trigger. We both bought our rings from RockHer.com. I was so hesitant not hearing much about them on here. But what led me to my round brilliant LGD, 2.13 cts, G color, VS2, Ideal cut was finding it on stonealgo. It was listed on that set under Adiamor’s website with a 9.3 cut score and priced reasonably for $1.323 if I remember correctly. Now I love Adiamor. But with some more searching I found the same exact stone by the IGI cert number listed on RockHer for $828. I put the measurements into diamdb.com and the ring came up as in range with a green thumbs up. I know I know I bought an IGI certified ring and not at least a GCAL. And no it isn’t HPHT made either, it’s a CVD IIa stone. But I just knew in my heart this was the one in my price range. I bought a setting from RockHer as well to set my stone because their settings were half off so I love simplicity and bought a white gold petite knife edge 2mm thick band in a four prong high setting. I do have to say I don’t think even at half off that their prices for their settings are reasonable. They have well priced diamonds but their settings are pricey. But I fell in love with my setting and it was exactly what I wanted. My ring arrived at my moms house yesterday along with hers. I was going to wait until it was in my own hands to open but I couldn’t wait so she sent me a blurry pic of my ring on her finger but at least I got that close to it til she comes over tomorrow and that’s when I will take some great photos and post them. My mom said my ring is drop dead gorgeous and the picture she sent me doesn’t do it justice.

And I’m also currently working with a jeweler from Etsy who is creating me from scratch a 3 ct colorless rose cut diamond in a four prong interwoven white gold solitaire setting. I sent him all my ideas and explained in detail to him what I wanted the setting to look like with the stone and he sent me the CAD and I could not believe from what I told him I had in my mind and from the different pictures I found with what I wanted down to even what style the prongs had to be etc, that he was able to create a CAD of exactly what I wanted. This ring will be for my middle finger on my right hand. How exciting I okayed the CAD two days ago. So I am looking forward to seeing my final project and can’t wait to show the pictures of the finished project here!

Here is the picture my mom sent me as a teaser of my 2.13 ct ring from RockHer but I will post much nicer pictures when I get it tomorrow.
IMG_4098.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results