shape
carat
color
clarity

LM / tulip inspired solitaire - double or single prongs? First post by a long-time lurker!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hello Pricescope!

I am a VERY longtime lurker and lover of everyone's posts, knowledge and most of all shameless bling bragging!

That said, I am so very excited to share renderings of an anniversary project I am working on. After the year we have had--new baby, COVID, grad school--and since we cannot go on vacation right now my husband told me to pick whatever I wanted. My original e-ring is a yellow gold emerald cut halo (frame?)

This time I'm going with a classic solitaire. I absolutely LOVE LM's modern solitaire, but I also absolutely love the tulip design.

I decided to work with Ritani. LM was a little weird, and then SK/a few others never replied to my inquiries. We went to the diamond district in NYC too, but nothing really felt right. I got overwhelmed and annoyed, I guess I forgot what it was like down there. The heat did not help either. :oops:

Working with Ritani has been WONDERFUL thus far. I can get into details about all that later... first here are the pics!

What is everyone thinking, double or single prongs? I'm partial to the double but still want input. The stone (if I approve it) will be about 2.6 carats, K Ideal VS2 RB. I like warmer stones and this one seems cut so well (HCA = 1.3) I think it'll be pretty white.

Thanks everyone!

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.10.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.10.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.10.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.10.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.10.06 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.10.10 AM.png

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely design. I also like the double prongs more than the single in this case.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for double prongs! Looks like an amazing project.

I'm torn. I like the double prongs in the top view, but single prongs in the profile and gallery views.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I usually prefer the simplicity of single prongs, but here I do love the double prongs as the gallery looks much more tulip-y which I think is absolutely LOVELY, and the design flows well to my eye. Also do you think the double prongs will be more secure, which can be an important factor as well?

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I usually prefer the simplicity of single prongs, but here I do love the double prongs as the gallery looks much more tulip-y which I think is absolutely LOVELY, and the design flows well to my eye. Also do you think the double prongs will be more secure, which can be an important factor as well?

I really love the tulip part. This is a LM modern solitaire + JA tulip hybrid. I think double is best for security.
I'm torn. I like the double prongs in the top view, but single prongs in the profile and gallery views.

YES exactly!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, what a beautiful setting! I like the double prongs.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
At least +10 for the double prongs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results