shape
carat
color
clarity

LM setting ideas for blue/green tourmaline?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I have appointment with Leon at end of week to discuss ideas for setting tourmaline in ring. I got the stone with a particular Leon setting in mind... but Leon wants to do something diffferent.

This is what we are thinking, but I still can not really picture it until I see more pictures.

Very thin micropave halo (I want a tiny tiny bit of space between stone and halo- but not sure how LM will feel about this.)
Split shank with split curving a bit towards the corners of the stone.
one sided micropave on shank.
Pave "bubbles" on sides of basket.

If I was a millionaire I would just put two HUGE diamond traps on either side of stone and call it a day.

What do people think of current design?

I am just trying to get all the opinions I can so I ask the right questions/ suggestions/ ideas at appointment!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
i found this idea from another PS''er. I think my halo will be thinner, but I like the space between stone and halo, plus I like the curve of the split shank.

Deeyellow.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
These are the bubbles on sides of basket... LM thinks they will really POP with a colored stone. Mine will be a bit different because ADD halo, plus I will not have the stems breaking up design of sides.

r335-15.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I love the bubbles! The only advice I would give is to make sure that the width of the shank is not too delicate. That is a substantial stone and I think it would look weird on too thin of a shank. Just MHO though - I like what you are planning & think it will be gorgeous!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! The color of your stone is gorgeous!!!!!

I love the idea of the halo! The glittery frams works magic with colored stones!!

Have you seen his "Montpassier" setting with the big Cab Emerald and long baug's on either side? Droolicious! Perhaps you could do something like that?

Either way, I am sure it will be a knock-out! That stone is amazing!

ETA: where did you get such a pretty stone?? Inquiring minds would like to know.....

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 1:03:46 AM
Author: Evelynn
Oh my! The color of your stone is gorgeous!!!!!

I love the idea of the halo! The glittery frams works magic with colored stones!!

Have you seen his ''Montpassier'' setting with the big Cab Emerald and long baug''s on either side? Droolicious! Perhaps you could do something like that?

Either way, I am sure it will be a knock-out! That stone is amazing!

ETA: where did you get such a pretty stone?? Inquiring minds would like to know.....
I did mention that exact design to LM- i love it! He said it will not look the same with the depth of my stone so he said no extra diamonds on sides for mine. This is ok to me because it keeps cost down.

i got the stone at paraibainternational.com

cagey

Rough_Rock
OMG I think you''re designing my dream ring! That color...Leon...the bubbles!!! If my husband wasnt of the ''diamonds only for E-ring", I would have gone the route that you''re heading down.

Can''t wait to hear your progress or see the final result!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I love the bubbles, too. Anything Leon does is fabulous! It will be stunning!!!!

Your stone is beautiful. Love the color and size. What are the dimensions of that baby?!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh fun. . . your stone is so beautiful!!! It will be cool to see what you come up once it is set
9.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 4:19:01 PM
Author: portia
I love the bubbles, too. Anything Leon does is fabulous! It will be stunning!!!!

Your stone is beautiful. Love the color and size. What are the dimensions of that baby?!
It is pretty large-- 14x12mm. i am blessed and cursed that larger rings look best on my hands since bigger equals dollars!

i am so nervous that it will look ridiculous with added size of any halo... but they do have some big honkers at HW!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry -- you''re in good hands.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 8:21:48 PM
Author: Green with Envy

Date: 10/10/2007 4:19:01 PM
Author: portia

It is pretty large-- 14x12mm. i am blessed and cursed that larger rings look best on my hands since bigger equals dollars!

i am so nervous that it will look ridiculous with added size of any halo... but they do have some big honkers at HW!
Oh no, Green... it''s not too big. It will look *fabulous* on you! That is an absolutely stunning stone. I just looooove statement rings!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you thank you. I guess I keep looking for confirmation with this one because the ''one who knows best!" has some stuff on the website that i really do not prefer in th slightest. So i want to have a solid idea of what I want so the master does not sway me in the wrong direction...

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I *totally* understand how you feel. I have had the same thoughts myself as I have a couple of ring projects I''d like LM to do and I know he''s an artist and thus likes to put his own spin on ideas to make them his own. However, the photos you posted are *amazing*... love the split shank and delicate halo ideas and the bubbles are fabulous! I hadn''t seen that before and IMHO that detail work will really make your piece of wearable art really stand out. Can''t wait to see how it turns out! I feel like I''m living vicariously though you!
1.gif
Keep us posted!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results