shape
carat
color
clarity

Linens, are you renting them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
If so, what''s your budget for them if you don''t mind sharing?

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
My chair covers are $2.75 each plus $50 set up.

I got a deal for signing during a promotion. I negotiated some others down to $4, bt this was obviously a better deal!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m renting table cloths for $11.50 each for 120" round. It''s a new business opened by a bride who thought linens in the area were too expensive. I couldn''t agree more! Hee hee! She also does specials on chair covers/sashes for $2.75 a chair, but I think we''re skipping those.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Nope, basic linens come with the venue. We could get chair covers by paying $$ or by cutting the cocktail hour down (1 hour w/ chair covers, 1.5 hours w/out chair covers) but we''re rather have the extra half hour so we''re not doing them at all.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Linens are expensive, but they can make a place look so nice!

We get basic ones with our reception, but I''m adding chair covers and an organza sash, for $3 per chair or something like that. A way to put a splash of color without paying the huge linen price is to get satin napkins. We might get those too. We are renting, not purchasing.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
General, short linens for the tables, but we "upgraded" to chair covers & sashes.... $5 for the cover, $1 for the sash. Eeek. I know, I know. Overpriced. But it was pretty on-par with the rental places around here, and the venue was not game for bartering.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My venue owns a ton of different linen colors and fabrics, and they were all included, so we will be choosing from their selection. We''re probably going to have a light green with slight iridescence on top over plain white long linens. Napkins will probably be dark purple.

I was quoted about $10-15 for full-length colored round linens and $3-6 for each chair cover when I inquired.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I didn't pay for overlays on the table. I thought that those were a waste of money, but i did get chair covers with sashes and they made the place look so much better. I found them for $2.75/chair + $50 set up + $50 tip(obviously optional).

If you could fit it into your budget and find a good deal, I highly recommend it. People might not notice the chair covers, but they might notice ugly chairs and my venue had UGLY chairs.

ETA: my venue included basic linens (table cloths and napkins)

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I bought table runners and napkins in my wedding colors from a girl on another wedding website. The runners (used) were in excellent condition - $7.50 each. I looked all over for rental napkins but all I could find was cheapie poly ones, so I ended up buying those also - new - for $1 each.

Using the venue''s ivory tablecloths and not doing chair covers (the venue''s chairs are quite nice).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results