shape
carat
color
clarity

Line drawing wanted please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone draw a very crude even line drawing of a feather running from the girdle of a diamond and a feather by the girdle.

Saw a stone today I like but not sure if the feather is running from the girdle. This stone is an I1 Clarity

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
An I-1?

Why would you consider buying such a stone. Do you really understand the significance of the Imperfect grading?

In order to render you an accurate opinion, you should definately not try to compare a drawing of a feather to the stone you're considering.

The comparison would not be reliable. Why? Feathers eminating from the girdle of the stone, may open with impact. They can also grow in time too. We can't always tell the future of the durability of a diamond by looking, but in some diamonds this is more evident than others.

Is there strain or stress accompanying the feather?
Is it really a feather and not a cleavage?
Does it break the surface of the stone?
Did you view it from many angles to see if there are other smaller feathers? These little hairline feathers can be of a genuine concern.

Some feathers near the girdle are ok - others aren't. Its an individual call based on seeing the diamond.

Hope this helps.

Rockdoc

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I've been misunderstod, I meant a line drawing showing a typical feather entering RUNNING from girdle and ANOTHER showing postion of a feather BY girdle as "by" girdle has been cited as safe and okay. This is to learn the postions of feathers in diamonds, not show actual feather and position in an actual diamond belonging to someone. Just a general drawing of types which would be dangerous, e.g. or 2 drawings or more showing different postions which feathers are dangerous at.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdoc: The feather on my stone is only a hairline feather there are no other hairline feathers surrounding it as you suggest in your previous post here. This hairline feather is just under the surface of the stone lying down the upper girdle facet and stops on the edge before it reaches the girdle. The feather is just under the surface and has no depth

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results