shape
carat
color
clarity

Lilah - my Lavender spinel ring by CvB

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
It's been a long journey, but my lavender spinel has finally found her home! One of my jewelry goals is to have rings with for every shade color of the rainbow, and I now I can check the box for (light) purple lol. Feel free to skip to the end if you just want to see the pics :)

I had been casually searching for lavender spinels for a few months and purchased a 1.43ct Sri Lankan Lavender Spinel from IG vendor Nature de Colours in January 2021. The moment I saw it in person, I was totally smitten by how soft the lavender color and yet bright the spinel sparkled. Pictures could never quite capture it properly no matter how hard I tried. Love the flashes of pink and blue I would see from it, yet it always looked washed out in photos!

Lavender Spinel.png

Lavender & Tsav.jpg

After thinking about how I wanted it set, I decided to go custom with a get a two tone rose/white gold tsavorite halo ring and sent it off to a vendor in March (with whom I've worked before). When I received the finished piece in May, it just wasn't done well. The spinel was not level in the bezel, there was visible soldering where the bezel met the halo, all of the melee were damaged and or loose, etc. I immediately sent the ring back to get it reset and spent the next 15 months trying to be patient while the vendor worked with their suppliers to get the cast right. I asked for the stone back several times, but decided each time that I would give it another chance or tweak the design a little bit in the hopes that the cast would come out better. We finally called it quits in July 2022 and the stones were returned. I was very disappointed by the outcome, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be with that particular vendor.

At this point, it had been over a year since I put myself on a self-imposed jewelry ban due to having bought a house and gut renovating it afterward. I was pretty jewelry starved at this point and decided I needed to put my spinel in a fancy dress lol. I reached out to Caysie and started chatting with her about different options for diamond halo ring settings. I was torn between the Lumiere and Delilah styles, but ultimately it kind of became a mix of both styles! The spinel was sent to CvB in August, and now here I am enjoying my new ring.

Lumiere style Halo head with 2.3mm diamonds in 14k Rose Gold
Shank is engraved and no antiquing
1.43ct Lavender Spinel (8mm x 5.7mm) is set East-West
Bezel and Halo edges are so delicately milgrained
Ring Size 7

Photo Oct 23 2022, 10 24 55 AM.jpg

Photo Oct 23 2022, 10 26 42 AM.jpg

In direct sunlight, she looks looks blurple for sure, and such a beautiful shade of slightly pink lavender when out of the sun. My vision for the ring was to be soft and feminine but still have a big impact, and I think Caysie achieved that. Every time I look at the ring, I feel like I need to give it a name -- I'm thinking it should be Lilah!

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
It’s pure perfection now !

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Gorgeous, and you are so lucky to get the perfect lavender/periwinkle color. That color is not an easy find. The mounting is such a beautiful mix of the two styles.
What do you plan for the tsavs? A band of them would be a great color combo with that ring!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is gorgeous. I saw spinel in the title and got excited because spinels are my favorite. I have a very similar one being set into a preowned setting and I’m anxiously waiting for it to be ready. It also looks blurple in the sun and lavender in indirect light. It does turn a bit silvery in very low light but it sparkles a lot so I don’t mind. I can’t wait to see it set and see how it compares to yours.

Your setting is stunning.

Here’s my loose stone for comparison.

C8000E10-4D6B-4716-9C65-B305B2CA52C6.jpeg 4CE5C019-82AE-4FC0-A7B3-D1B61208F3BE.jpeg 496EBA22-17D9-4579-85D8-E63C119A016C.jpeg

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
It's been a long journey, but my lavender spinel has finally found her home! One of my jewelry goals is to have rings with for every shade color of the rainbow, and I now I can check the box for (light) purple lol. Feel free to skip to the end if you just want to see the pics :)

I had been casually searching for lavender spinels for a few months and purchased a 1.43ct Sri Lankan Lavender Spinel from IG vendor Nature de Colours in January 2021. The moment I saw it in person, I was totally smitten by how soft the lavender color and yet bright the spinel sparkled. Pictures could never quite capture it properly no matter how hard I tried. Love the flashes of pink and blue I would see from it, yet it always looked washed out in photos!

Lavender Spinel.png

Lavender & Tsav.jpg

After thinking about how I wanted it set, I decided to go custom with a get a two tone rose/white gold tsavorite halo ring and sent it off to a vendor in March (with whom I've worked before). When I received the finished piece in May, it just wasn't done well. The spinel was not level in the bezel, there was visible soldering where the bezel met the halo, all of the melee were damaged and or loose, etc. I immediately sent the ring back to get it reset and spent the next 15 months trying to be patient while the vendor worked with their suppliers to get the cast right. I asked for the stone back several times, but decided each time that I would give it another chance or tweak the design a little bit in the hopes that the cast would come out better. We finally called it quits in July 2022 and the stones were returned. I was very disappointed by the outcome, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be with that particular vendor.

At this point, it had been over a year since I put myself on a self-imposed jewelry ban due to having bought a house and gut renovating it afterward. I was pretty jewelry starved at this point and decided I needed to put my spinel in a fancy dress lol. I reached out to Caysie and started chatting with her about different options for diamond halo ring settings. I was torn between the Lumiere and Delilah styles, but ultimately it kind of became a mix of both styles! The spinel was sent to CvB in August, and now here I am enjoying my new ring.

Ring Size 7

In direct sunlight, she looks looks blurple for sure, and such a beautiful shade of slightly pink lavender when out of the sun. My vision for the ring was to be soft and feminine but still have a big impact, and I think Caysie achieved that. Every time I look at the ring, I feel like I need to give it a name -- I'm thinking it should be Lilah!

That is just amazingly gorgeous! :kiss2:

Well this is just stunning. It's one of the nicer lavender spinels I've seen with very little gray. And the mounting is truly a work of art... small touches all coming together to make one magical piece. I also like that you went with a chunky diamond halo and set the spinel E-W. Wear it it in good health and happiness!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a perfect match of stone and setting. :love: Absolutely beautiful!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Yep, sometimes a painful journey is worth it for the end destination :kiss2:
I think the first experience definitely made me rethink the original design a few times, and it also just cemented the fact that I should have gone with CvB to begin with. It was so much quicker and I think her designs were such a good fit for this stone. Sometimes the choices we make to save some $$$ aren't always worth the trouble!!

:love: Gorgeous, and you are so lucky to get the perfect lavender/periwinkle color. That color is not an easy find. The mounting is such a beautiful mix of the two styles.
What do you plan for the tsavs? A band of them would be a great color combo with that ring!
The first batch of tsavorite melees was unfortunately all damaged in some way so can't really reuse them. I do have another parcel of the same size but haven't decided what to do yet... a band would be a good idea if I can find a careful bench!

That ring is gorgeous. I saw spinel in the title and got excited because spinels are my favorite. I have a very similar one being set into a preowned setting and I’m anxiously waiting for it to be ready. It also looks blurple in the sun and lavender in indirect light. It does turn a bit silvery in very low light but it sparkles a lot so I don’t mind. I can’t wait to see it set and see how it compares to yours.

Your setting is stunning.

Here’s my loose stone for comparison.

C8000E10-4D6B-4716-9C65-B305B2CA52C6.jpeg 4CE5C019-82AE-4FC0-A7B3-D1B61208F3BE.jpeg 496EBA22-17D9-4579-85D8-E63C119A016C.jpeg
I would get excited too whenever I saw "lavender spinel" somewhere. Probably spent so much time trying to find decent pictures of lavender rings. It's kind of hard anywhere except on PS! Many times have I ogled @CHRISTY-DANIELLE and @voce's rings. Must be because we all care about the entire process from selecting the stone to handshots lol. Good luck with your ring :)

Well this is just stunning. It's one of the nicer lavender spinels I've seen with very little gray. And the mounting is truly a work of art... small touches all coming together to make one magical piece. I also like that you went with a chunky diamond halo and set the spinel E-W. Wear it it in good health and happiness!
Thank you! Honestly I kept trying to find some gray, since the vendor shot seemed like it had -some-. Sometimes I wonder how sensitive my eyes are to differences in tone (I think they are somewhat color sensitive?), but either way the stone is soooo pleasing to my eyes. When it was loose, I would just let it sit on my desk while I worked and stare at it. And I seem to have a thing for EW ovals + chunky halos and this piece combines both obsessions :kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lavender Spinel.png

Lavender & Tsav.jpg

Ring Size 7

It's absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it from the color of the stone to the setting. Just perfection!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy she found a setting deserving of her beauty! Hopefully all the past experience will be forgotten every time you look down at your gorgeous new ring.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Lilah is seriously stunning! You chose an especially exquisite setting for your gem. I hope you enjoy her for many long years to come! :appl:

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sorry you had a rocky start but I’m glad it worked out! The setting really brought out the gorgeous saturation in your stone! Love the engraving on the band as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results