shape
carat
color
clarity

Likelihood of chipping during setting???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dazed and Confused

Rough_Rock
After many long months of searching, I think we finally found "the one" - a very nice 2+ ct RB. Of course that means that we have to start looking at settings. So naturally, I search PS for "setting" and to my surprise (shock and horror), the search on setting pulls up all these posts about the diamond being chipped during setting. Just how common is this???

I would like to get the diamond set locally because of the time involved in shipping to and from the vendor, but after reading these posts I''m extremely concerned about the diamond being damaged by the local jeweler. Should I be concerned? We''re looking at a 6 prong Tiffany-style setting like the new Tiffany-style setting from WhiteFlash. How likely is it that a RB diamond (thin to med. girdle) will be chipped during setting in such a setting? Does the size of the stone matter? Help! Am I being paranoid?
23.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
You will be fine.

Security is the biggest issue, but your ok.

Nice stone to set

Dazed and Confused

Rough_Rock
Phillip, you said security is the biggest issue? What should I be concerned with and how do I protection against these issues?

Btw, the diamond is SI1 (pinpoint inclusions, no feathers), but I have been told that it''s borderline VS2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results