shape
carat
color
clarity

Like Popcorn for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Romance Novels are like popcorn for me. I can never have too many or too much!

What I mean is that I go through them like most people go through popcorn... just keep reading till I hit the end of the bucket so to speak... then look around for more... and ''eat'' through that.

I would rather have a book than go to a movie. A paperback costs at least a buck less... and will normally last me an hour longer.

For one of my friends its earrngs, real, fake, costumey... she can never have too many.

What''s like popcorn to you?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Gear . . . backpacks, tents, sleeping bags, hiking poles, backpacking stoves . . . you name it, I got enough to outfit a boyscout troop, hehehe.
BF gently asked me to curb spending so much on gear . . . his words were "you only have one back and 10 backpacks, one body and 8 sleeping bags and 10 tents to put it in"
But I can''t help myself. Each has a purpose and plus I got them all at some insane discount from retail, so just the value is worth it to me. :)
Anyway, I have almost cut myself off cold turkey and have been doing well for almost 16 months.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lip gloss.
5.gif
I have around 15, which might seem like a lot to some, but may be nothing to others. [cough, cough, Diamondfan]

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 7:09:42 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Lip gloss.
5.gif
I have around 15, which might seem like a lot to some, but may be nothing to others. [cough, cough, Diamondfan]
Haha, true that!!! She could open up her own cosmetic store with what she has. But hey if I ever need a makeover she is 5 minutes away, hehe.
31.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Bath products! Especially body washes and shampoos. I have to have every single new shampoo that comes out. I completely hoard shampoos, can never get through one before I''m buying another.

Also, Express Editor pants, of which I own at least 12 pairs. Sad. Very sad.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think clothes are probably my "popcorn," I''m always buying them, in search of the perfect outfit, perfect shoe, perfect top, dress, whatever...and if I find one basic I really love I will buy multiples of it in whatever color it comes in...I have a drawer full of every color of J.crew favorite tanks--I wear them to bed with pj bottoms, to work as layering pieces, with cute skirts or jeans on the weekends, etc., as one example. I''m TERRIBLE about shopping in my own closet--if I have some random social occasion even as simple as going to a dinner party or something at a friend''s house I still go out and buy a new outfit...it''s a little excessive and sometimes ridiculous, but it''s the one thing I absolutely love and will probably never be able to give up!

Books are probably second, actually...I was the student in 5th grade who won the most-pages-read contest over the summer, I always exceeded the local library''s limit of number of books one could check out, and I always say I will read absolutely anything, whether I feel it''s in my preferred genre or not. My mother once sent me three trashy novels she picked up on clearance at Walmart and sent them to me with a note that said "hey, you said you''ll read ANYTHING, right?" I read them...don''t remember them, but I know I enjoyed the reading, lol! I abhor Nora Roberts, but my MIL continues to give me whatever NR paperbacks she''s purchased and read even though I tell her not to, and I still read them! Oh, and I remember when I first started reading myself to sleep instead of my mother reading to my brother and me, I would take like 10 kid''s books out of my bookcase and read probably 7 of them before I fell asleep! I just love to read.
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with Monarch64. Clothing is my popcorn! Right now I''m into brightly colored skinny jeans (I just bought hot pink Citizens of Humanity, light pink and royal blue Rich and Skinnys), bright ballet flats (just bought red London Soles) and bright handbags (just bought an electricy royal blue Rebecca Minkoff Elisha bag).

I also am an insane reader! I can read almost any book in a few hours, max, and I will totally read trashy books if I have nothing better around. In the non-trashy category, I just read The Time Traveler''s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and it was fantastic! I''ve been flying a lot lately so I think I''ve bought and read practically every recent New York Times bestselling novel.

Last but not least, for some reason I love advice columns and I religiously read Carolyn Hax''s "Tell Me About It."

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe tank tops. i literally have a whole drawer of them. and i don''t have much drawer space so it''s kind of crazy. also candles. i have so many, all over the house and in the closets, and we actually hardly ever burn them, i just like having them around and smelling good but if i burned them then they''d be gone! umm what else. oh, granola bars. i have so many of them in various shapes, sizes, calorie counts, nutritional benefits etc that i have a huge grocery bag full of them. whenever greg wants a quick bite i tell him to go into the granola bar bag. hehe. oh and also along the same lines of the candles, soaps. i buy specialty soaps like lemon verbena and lavendar and i never actually USE them. whenever i buy a new one greg just laughs and rolls his eyes. i put them out for display in vases in the bathrooms and stuff, so silly.

and gypsy...me books are also hugely like popcorn, i also have tons of them...i have managed to pare it down to only a few which i read over and over, because i have nothing else. when greg moved into my place i had literally like 10 boxes of books. he made me donate them to the library even though i was still re-reading some of them. i used to be a huge cheesy romance novel junkie too. now i read more chick lit and some historical fiction, mysteries etc. sometimes still read romance by my fave writers when a new book comes out (aka jude deveraux, judith mcnaught are two faves).

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to have a ton of shampoo/conditioner bottles in my bth (I''d counted over 40 before!!!) but the last few years my scalp is sensitive to *something* (unknown) in most popular shampoos and the only two I''ve found that don''t make me react is aussie and V05 cucumber something LOL My husband is much happier... of course I have about 15 bottles of clinique face crap in there now.... hehehehe....

Oh, but I mentioned this once before - air fresheners. I have so many its pathetic. And ow I''ve been getting those candles and those things that plug in with the scented oil.... I loe smells!!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 10:08:59 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I used to have a ton of shampoo/conditioner bottles in my bth (I''d counted over 40 before!!!) but the last few years my scalp is sensitive to *something* (unknown) in most popular shampoos and the only two I''ve found that don''t make me react is aussie and V05 cucumber something LOL My husband is much happier... of course I have about 15 bottles of clinique face crap in there now.... hehehehe....

Oh, but I mentioned this once before - air fresheners. I have so many its pathetic. And ow I''ve been getting those candles and those things that plug in with the scented oil.... I loe smells!!!!
Ditto that! I actually found out that a friend of a friend and her two teen daughters were having really hard times, even having trouble buying normal everyday items, like soap. I told my friend I thought I had a few things I would give to them to help out. I had bottles of shampoo and conditioner, most of them 1/2 full or more...and gel, mousse, hairspray. I gave them three boxes (office paper size) filled up. So heavy you could barely lift them. The ones that had dib and dabs left in the bottles I threw away...two garbage bags full! It was like having a new closet once I emptied it out. You would think with all those products my hair would look better....lol

Oh, Cehra! I highly recommend the Glade Plug-Ins in the Clean Linen scent. The best!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh . . . how could I forget the candles . . . thanks for the reminder Mara. I LOVE candles, particularly Yankee Candle Candles. I have atleast 50 of them around the apartment and another 50 still in boxes somewhere. Sage and Citrus is my favorite scent. Then there is the books, all kinds of books . . . didn''t think of those because the gear is way more expensive so spending the money on the gear sticks in my mind and affects my wallet the most.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 8:58:12 PM
Author: monarch64

Books are probably second, actually...I was the student in 5th grade who won the most-pages-read contest over the summer, I always exceeded the local library's limit of number of books one could check out, and I always say I will read absolutely anything, whether I feel it's in my preferred genre or not. My mother once sent me three trashy novels she picked up on clearance at Walmart and sent them to me with a note that said 'hey, you said you'll read ANYTHING, right?' I read them...don't remember them, but I know I enjoyed the reading, lol! I abhor Nora Roberts, but my MIL continues to give me whatever NR paperbacks she's purchased and read even though I tell her not to, and I still read them! Oh, and I remember when I first started reading myself to sleep instead of my mother reading to my brother and me, I would take like 10 kid's books out of my bookcase and read probably 7 of them before I fell asleep! I just love to read.
1.gif
How funny! ME TOO!!!

I won't read anything though... lol. I don't like non-fiction or anything without a happy ending UNLESS it's a Classic. Popcorn.

Mara: I read fantasy, mysteries, chick lit and general fiction too. But unless its by one of my favorite authors in those catagories... I'm not terribily adverterous and need to be 'in the mood' to read them... romance *shakes head* I don't have to be in the mood for... OR maybe I'm always in the mood for it.

We have... 15 boxes of books in our little 760 square foot apartment. This weekend I've vowed to get rid of one third.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2007 12:27:06 AM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/27/2007 8:58:12 PM
Author: monarch64

Books are probably second, actually...I was the student in 5th grade who won the most-pages-read contest over the summer, I always exceeded the local library''s limit of number of books one could check out, and I always say I will read absolutely anything, whether I feel it''s in my preferred genre or not. My mother once sent me three trashy novels she picked up on clearance at Walmart and sent them to me with a note that said ''hey, you said you''ll read ANYTHING, right?'' I read them...don''t remember them, but I know I enjoyed the reading, lol! I abhor Nora Roberts, but my MIL continues to give me whatever NR paperbacks she''s purchased and read even though I tell her not to, and I still read them! Oh, and I remember when I first started reading myself to sleep instead of my mother reading to my brother and me, I would take like 10 kid''s books out of my bookcase and read probably 7 of them before I fell asleep! I just love to read.
1.gif
How funny! ME TOO!!!

I won''t read anything though... lol. I don''t like non-fiction or anything without a happy ending UNLESS it''s a Classic. Popcorn.

Mara: I read fantasy, mysteries, chick lit and general fiction too. But unless its by one of my favorite authors in those catagories... I''m not terribily adverterous and need to be ''in the mood'' to read them... romance *shakes head* I don''t have to be in the mood for... OR maybe I''m always in the mood for it.

We have... 15 boxes of books in our little 760 square foot apartment. This weekend I''ve vowed to get rid of one third.
Alright, so will you take this box of Nora Roberts off my hands? LOL!!!
11.gif
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. I would but... I probably already own all of them. *embarrased blush* I did mention that I have 15 boxes here, right? BIG boxes. Bins really. And that doesn't include all my books from undergrad... lit major. Oodles of books.

NR will fetch you a nice trade in at a used books store... use mthe credit to buy something you will read.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love books too.

Kitchen gadgets and things I will likely never use but feel I have to have like more Tupperware than is needed in three lifetimes.

Aside from bigger things like bags and shoes, it would have to be makeup for me for sure, mostly lipsticks and glosses. I often end up coming home with the SAME color I already bought...at least I am consistent! I usually toss it in my travel bag so it is there ready to go!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Yard art. I can''t get enough at craft shows.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, it''s:
jewelry
handbags
African Violets

It used to be lipsticks, but now I have more of them than I could ever finish using in my lifetime.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
nail polish. I just always buy new colors each season but never run out of anything I own.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading for me too. Gypsy, I saw your other thread mentioned Loretta Chase. I loved that one, but I loved Lord Perfect even more. Her books are great.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Books would have to be mine as well. I plow through them and just can''t get enough. My typical reads are either NYT recommended/notable books (not their top 10 lists), winners of the Man Booker Prize, Whitbread, Pulitzer, etc. or classics. I love the classics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results