shape
carat
color
clarity

Like a radiant... but not

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a stone that is rectangular with the cut-off sides such as a radiant or emerald cut would have.

However, I am not entirely thrilled with the typical crushed ice look of the radiant nor the (very classy, admittedly) but not supersparkly style of the emerald cut. I love the look of facetings I''ve seen in Lucida, flanders, jubilee, lucerne, etc, but I don''t think they come in rectangular shapes (do they?)

So, what other stones besides radiants and emerald can I find rectangular with the corners cut off? I want to replace a stone in a setting I already have so I sort of have to stick to the same shape (its a semibezel w/ sidestones...)

Thanks!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
That is a great question Sydney! I have been wondering the same thing. My next upgrade (probably in about five years) is going to be a rectangular shaped stone (I was thinking a 1.75 to 2 carat radiant), but I love the facet size of a round and wish there was a rectangular-shaped stone with a similar facet pattern. The responses should be interesting....if there is anything like that that even exists. I hope so!
emteeth.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Square hearts and arrows?? Check the good old gold website....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Sydneycasandra,

Just caught your post. I do know Lucere''s come rectangular. Them and the Lucida look very similar as both are mixed cuts (step crowns with brilliandeered pavilions).

Regards,

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Just curious how about an off-square asscher? as in the more antique looking asschers. They are similar to emerald cuts but have more sparkle.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Sophie- your ring is gorgeous!

Thanks for all the great ideas- I may try to look for a Lucere. The original stone is a radiant cut and I really do need to keep the almost exact same proportions in order to make the setting still work.

An off square asscher wouldn''t be a bad idea, although I''m not crazy about the faceting pattern on that.

So many good ideas!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Maybe a rectangular cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results