shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox has a countdown

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing, @sd_flp. I like it, but think you are right that we have seen others with better faceting. That surprises me as I would expect it to be consistent across all LB products. What is your guess about the color of the main diamond?
The color of the main diamond is pretty white! I definitely agree with others who said it looks brighter than G. I also thought the clarity was good, too. I think if one isn’t into diamonds or doesn’t know too much about them, this would be a great piece to wear. It’s very sparkly and flashy, especially outside.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Screenshot_20190611-132848.png
New necklace design. Pink and blue. Both are in stock/available now.

1 carat total weight (5/8 carat central stone, with a 1/8 carat & 1/4 carat stones)

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Another new necklace design. Pink and blue both in stock now. 1 carat total weight (3/8 top, 5/8 bottom).
Screenshot_20190618-095400.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
M

Marriedbuteloped

This came out very nice. Please share more photos from your setting. I love it!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
0E517440-3FFE-4C08-8401-6D8780DAC57F.jpeg View attachment 698862 I had a 7/8 carat Lightbox white round diamond set into a ring. It measures 6mm. I am terrible at taking good photos of gemstones, but here it is. I’m pleased with how it turned out.

Oh wow! Yes please share more photos! I'm still toying with the idea of replacing my half carat with their 7/8 if they never release a full carat. It's pretty dang close.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
4C397325-904E-41C9-8D8A-1B17EA067060.jpeg B97055EA-D993-4AD9-A8ED-EB266D742374.jpeg 074C783E-6552-4FD6-8120-847AC785CD2B.jpeg D6CA02F0-B692-4713-B31F-DD86DAE271F4.jpeg E47DBA06-EE6D-4C05-ADD0-5D2A136A75B9.jpeg 28419186-3983-4851-B95A-45E34175B67C.jpeg CD3A75FF-90B8-40CB-A56C-3C6E4973DA2A.jpeg Thanks ladies. Here are some more pictures, in different light environments. Please disregard my dry skin.

The diamond is in the same setting. The jeweler set it much higher than my moissanite is set, though I asked for it to be as low as possible. I’m guessing it was a judgment call, to show off the stone to the light. But I’m used to it being lower, and more rounded. What do you guys think about the profile?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer lower profiles generally - I feel like higher profiles will catch on things and be at risk of getting smacked into things and snapped clean off! :???:

I don't think I've read about the latter happening... but I like to minimise risk :)

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I personally prefer lower profiles generally - I feel like higher profiles will catch on things and be at risk of getting smacked into things and snapped clean off! :???:

I don't think I've read about the latter happening... but I like to minimise risk :)

Would you ask the jeweler for a re-do? I provided them side pictures of the moissy setting, and asked for the prongs to be low and rounded.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I'm still toying with the idea of replacing my half carat with their 7/8 if they never release a full carat. It's pretty dang close.
Frogplus, the 7/8 carat is equivalent to 6mm, about .85-.9 carat size.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you ask the jeweler for a re-do? I provided them side pictures of the moissy setting, and asked for the prongs to be low and rounded.
I am British so never like to make a fuss :???: :lol: but if you provided pictures and it is different, you could take it in and ask them to compare side-by-side to illustrate your concerns over the setting height :)

You could take the moissy ring itself if you wanted to!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shucks, frogplus, you beat me to it! They're not my style and the $300 for a 10kt setting seems a bit much. I'd rather have a silver setting and save the $200 for a piece that will look super dated in such a short time. LOL at them being "low stock" the second they hit the site, though.

I guess I'm one of the few that has been really pleased with my lightbox experience? I love both of the necklaces I have-- 1ct princess and .75ct blue solitaires-- the princess in particular is well made and does not look costume at all. I wore it to a gala. My only regret is that I waited too long on the two-stone pendant and was never able to get it.

Right now, bluenile with their mother's day sales has some nice looking stacking rings that are more classic looking and cheaper than lightbox.

Have you posted pics of the blue diamond?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some interesting stats from LB!

https://www.gia.edu/gia-news-resear...vegas-business-lab-grown-diamonds-proliferate

Emily Condo, brand strategy consultant for Lightbox, reported that a survey showed 44% of consumers still have not heard about laboratory-grown diamond brands and that 37% of consumers incorrectly labeled such diamonds as “simulants.”

She reported that the survey found that a majority of consumers were neutral or favorably inclined toward laboratory-grown diamonds because they offered them a choice, especially toward “lighter” occasions, such as non-romantic gifts and everyday wear. Consumers also expressed strong price resistance as prices rose: 78% said they would not spend more than $1,000 on a laboratory-grown diamond.

Lightbox, which sells its laboratory-grown diamonds for $800 per carat plus the cost of mountings, reported that after a year of selling online, 89% of those sales were for 0.5 total carat weight pieces and of those, 51% were colorless, 27% pink and 22% blue. 68% of purchasers were women buying for themselves, the majority of whom were in the 25-34-year age group.

The company noted that its production was set to reach 200,000 carats a year in the second quarter of 2020 after its factory in Oregon goes online.
I wonder how many larger stones they would have sold if they were actually available? :rolleyes: lol

I read elsewhere something about 'consumers resist MMD prices over $1k/ct' so I'm not sure if that was a misreporting of the consumer research claims mentioned here - I find it hard to believe that people wouldn't be tempted by a 2ct rock for $2k...

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
New pink baguette 1-1/8 carat for $1k. Interesting, i thought they said they wouldn't produce anything over 1 carat. Screenshot_20190803-165546.png

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I happened to see that and thought it was weird. At that size why not cut emerald cut?

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
Why set in sterling silver!?!? I don't get it! If they want to keep it from competing with 'fine jewelry' what about 10k at least?!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink baguettte would be super-cool in a tension setting!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink baguettte would be super-cool in a tension setting!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone buy the blue moon earrings from light box. How do u like it .
Also i worry that we may lose the studs if it’s only a butterfly back?
I mean it’s almost 1000$ ...

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Good question. I thought about getting studs too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@frogplus I think they will only do the one carat in pink and blue..not white...The 7/8 carat will be a big difference from the .50 you have. I do think that lab diamonds will drop in price but I’m not sure they will drop to the Lightbox price level...

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@frogplus I think they will only do the one carat in pink and blue..not white...The 7/8 carat will be a big difference from the .50 you have. I do think that lab diamonds will drop in price but I’m not sure they will drop to the Lightbox price level...
Definitely possible. I'm going to wait it out until early next year when I have to get my wedding ring. At that point I'll either buy the 7/8 if it's available (it was available for a few days recently and sold out again now) or I'll just stick with my half carat, get a wedding band to match, and stop thinking about it. Maybe upgrade as a push present or an anniversary and turn my half carat into a set of earrings.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I just happened to catch this article today. I live in an area that has a lot of the Reed’s jewelry stores and it looks like they will also be available in Bloomingdale’s in SFO and NYC to test the market for lab diamonds. Starts this month (October) with more being available when the Portland location comes online next year.

bv_jewels

Rough_Rock
I just happened to catch this article today. I live in an area that has a lot of the Reed’s jewelry stores and it looks like they will also be available in Bloomingdale’s in SFO and NYC to test the market for lab diamonds. Starts this month (October) with more being available when the Portland location comes online next year.

Update: stopped at the jeweler on my way home. He said he can easily cover it with a prong and it won't see it (you can barely see it as is) but that it will likely collect dirt so I'll have to keep it clean, and that it's definitely possible it'll be weaker than an intact diamond and more likely to break if I slam it into something.

He was also pretty rude about lab diamonds in general, said I paid way too much, I said if you can find me a diamond lab or natural this size and quality for less, feel free, but I've done my research and there's nothing that even comes close right now. He just scoffed at that, said he doesn't own a computer and doesn't do the online stuff and it's all a scam or something, and that he could ask around for me. I said sure but he didn't take my info down so I think he was just all talk. He also said that moissanite is worthless and cracks easily, I didn't even want to get into it but moissanite is almost as hard as diamond so I think he's just an old school "natural diamonds are the only thing worth anything" dude.

Long story short I'm not keeping it, I'm going to return it and see if LB releases one carats without a hole. I'm also thinking I may just keep what I have.

Ughhh.... looks like [DB] is making ugly diamonds for a reason!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lightbox has added cushion shaped diamonds. They have a 1 ct. cushion necklace (not pierced!) in white and blue available for pre-order. I just ordered one.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@frogplus! They have a one carat cushion! They’re beautiful! Do you like cushions?
I would check the dimensions because ideal cushions are cut deeper..so will face up smaller than a 1 carat round. It’s worth checking.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results