shape
carat
color
clarity

LightBox Basics

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Just got an email ad for LightBox Basics, guaranteed minimum SI clarity, faint color and very good cut. $600 per ct. I know a number of posters are really pleased with their Lightbox diamonds - has anyone purchased one of these?
I wonder if this reminds anyone of the old pork processing saying, "Everything but the squeal."

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I would hope for most PS shoppers, a slight bump in price would be worth the payoff for colorless with ideal CA and PA angles.
Nothing against those that choose to do business with LightBox...they are still the leader of price/carat, but the gap seems to lessen every day, which is a great thing for every consumer!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hope for most PS shoppers, a slight bump in price would be worth the payoff for colorless with ideal CA and PA angles.
Nothing against those that choose to do business with LightBox...they are still the leader of price/carat, but the gap seems to lessen every day, which is a great thing for every consumer!

I agree 100%. When you can get graded stones from Ritani or other similar vendors where you know exactly what you're getting, there's no contest.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

Grateful for you sharing this knowledge! Do the deals extend to the 2ct level or are we seeing less of that with competitors?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Grateful for you sharing this knowledge! Do the deals extend to the 2ct level or are we seeing less of that with competitors?

Not quite...well proportioned D-E VS1-SI1 diamonds with IGI grading are still in the $2k and higher mark from the cheaper sellers, from what I'm seeing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a LB 1 carat pendant when they first came out. I wanted to see what a lab diamond looked like compared to my ACA and Tiffany diamond pendant. I must have been really lucky because the color is like an F or G..I can’t see any tint. The cut isn’t an ACA but it’s really good. Maybe they only sold the cream of the crop in the beginning. I recently had the LB diamond set in a solitaire bangle after I had a diamond cushion removed from the bangle to make into a ring…I’m really happy with it. It certainly doesn’t look like a mall diamond. I’m feeling pretty lucky that I didn’t get stuck with a dud!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Not quite...well proportioned D-E VS1-SI1 diamonds with IGI grading are still in the $2k and higher mark from the cheaper sellers, from what I'm seeing.

$2k for a beautiful 2ct??? Wow. I’ll have to get your help in finding one some time!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
$2k for a beautiful 2ct??? Wow. I’ll have to get your help in finding one some time!

Just say the word...Kim N and I will find you an absolute jaw-dropper. :)

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got an email ad for LightBox Basics, guaranteed minimum SI clarity, faint color and very good cut. $600 per ct. I know a number of posters are really pleased with their Lightbox diamonds - has anyone purchased one of these?
I wonder if this reminds anyone of the old pork processing saying, "Everything but the squeal."

I can't find the thread or posts. But somebody bought a 10k cz ring and installed a 2ct Lightbox Basics diamond in it. It might be a man's ring? The owner said the color looks like an L/M range, and said it's a nice looking diamond and good deal for someone who isn't too picky. Some of the reviews at Lightbox mention things like a slight "rose" tint. So my guess is the colors of this category could vary quite a bit.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 2 ct Lightbox diamond. I had a setting made by Etsy and set but a local jeweler. They graded it as an I I think. Which I would agree with. It’s very well cut and face up it is super white. It’s only in some lighting that it shows a slight yellow tint.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 2 ct Lightbox diamond. I had a setting made by Etsy and set but a local jeweler. They graded it as an I I think. Which I would agree with. It’s very well cut and face up it is super white. It’s only in some lighting that it shows a slight yellow tint.

Would love to see a pic!!

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
That's gorgeous! I love the setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results