shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox 1ctw studs reset

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wanted to share my reset for anyone who is thinking of doing the same.

1ctw studs from lightbox. I really liked the look of the original setting, but the martini settings hurt my ears and I wanted something I could comfortably sleep in. Plus I wanted to get rid of any possible nickel.

So here they are. 18 k wg.

20200905_094603.jpg 20200905_094534.jpg 20200905_094632.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1ctw studs from lightbox. I really liked the look of the original setting, but the martini settings hurt my ears and I wanted something I could comfortably sleep in. Plus I wanted to get rid of any possible nickel.

Gorgeous. White and bright. They look amazing on you. ❤️

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
They look beautiful! I've always liked 6 prong settings, they're very elegant.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! Darn, when are they coming back!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
So pretty, love the new settings! Stones look great!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful reset. I love your choice of 6 prongs. Very classic.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous setting. They look fab on you!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your lovely comments! :wavey: :))

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for this post - you've just changed my mind from purchasing a martini setting today - which I've been researching for a ridiculous amount of time. Yours look so good!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are a beautiful size. Are the 1carat total so .5 each?

Yes! .5 ct each. They are now avaliable in 2 ctw, but I think that would be too big on my tiny ears (is there such a thing, too big??). I am very happy with this size for every day wear. :wavey:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for this post - you've just changed my mind from purchasing a martini setting today - which I've been researching for a ridiculous amount of time. Yours look so good!

Thank you!
I have to say that I love the look of martini settings. They make the setting completely disappear. However, they hurt my ears and made the piercings slightly larger. For me, they simply didnt work, but they may for someone else.
I like these settings, they are fairly low set and very comfortable. But you can see the setting slightly from the side view. To put it simply, not as nice looking as martinis, but for me martinis is not an option.
I hope this helps...

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! .5 ct each. They are now avaliable in 2 ctw, but I think that would be too big on my tiny ears (is there such a thing, too big??). I am very happy with this size for every day wear. :wavey:

I feel the same way! I have been SO tempted to get a 2ctw pair, especially with all the recent sales, but whenever I’m about to pull the trigger I look in the mirror and realize I would hardly ever wear them — my 1ctw fits my ear/lifestyle perfectly, and even feels a touch large honestly. I still might treat myself in the future for a “dress up” pair, but daily wear it’s 1ctw all the way for me.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel the same way! I have been SO tempted to get a 2ctw pair, especially with all the recent sales, but whenever I’m about to pull the trigger I look in the mirror and realize I would hardly ever wear them — my 1ctw fits my ear/lifestyle perfectly, and even feels a touch large honestly. I still might treat myself in the future for a “dress up” pair, but daily wear it’s 1ctw all the way for me.

I agree! I have been looking at the lightbox site many times... But nothing speaks to me. If my daughter was a few years older I would buy something for her.

However... If they would start selling larger stones... I would really like a few stones in different cuts, put them together in a cluster pendant on a long chain, so that I could play with them while wearing the pendant. That would be something! :bigsmile:

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!
I have to say that I love the look of martini settings. They make the setting completely disappear. However, they hurt my ears and made the piercings slightly larger. For me, they simply didnt work, but they may for someone else.
I like these settings, they are fairly low set and very comfortable. But you can see the setting slightly from the side view. To put it simply, not as nice looking as martinis, but for me martinis is not an option.
I hope this helps...

Ditto for me. Love the martini look so much but came to realize that style was probably not going to work for my ears since my piercing is already pretty stretched. After seeing yours I pulled the trigger on a 6-prong setting. I'm excited for them!

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Maybe a silly question, but can someone help me understand why the six prong setting would be more comfortable to sleep in than martini?

agree that the Lightbox martini is uncomfortable to sleep in

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe a silly question, but can someone help me understand why the six prong setting would be more comfortable to sleep in than martini?

agree that the Lightbox martini is uncomfortable to sleep in

Sorry for the late reply. :wavey:
I felt that in order to get the look right, to make the diamonds seem to float on the ear, I had to pull the martinis tight on my ear, into the piercings. That made the setting stretch my piercings, and I could feel that. I may be overly sensitive and especially so when I saw the piercings getting larger. Someone else would perhaps not be bothered by it, but for me it was obvious.
My six prong setting sits on the ear, impossible to have it go into the piercing like the martini setting. Bear in mind that I am used to sleeping with studs. I guess that it takes some getting used to! I cannot feel the studs at all.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the late reply. :wavey:
I felt that in order to get the look right, to make the diamonds seem to float on the ear, I had to pull the martinis tight on my ear, into the piercings. That made the setting stretch my piercings, and I could feel that. I may be overly sensitive and especially so when I saw the piercings getting larger. Someone else would perhaps not be bothered by it, but for me it was obvious.
My six prong setting sits on the ear, impossible to have it go into the piercing like the martini setting. Bear in mind that I am used to sleeping with studs. I guess that it takes some getting used to! I cannot feel the studs at all.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply! I really don’t want to stretch my piercing so I may get mine reset as well. Thank you!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered about the martini setting stretching the piercing. Thus far I have not had that problem, but I don't have to tighten the setting too much to the ear to achieve the "floating" look, and I don't sleep in my studs. You can always try out the three prong and see how it works for you, then reset if there are any issues. That had been my plan, but so far so good. I wear the 1ctw lightbox studs daily (0.5 each stud).

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply! I really don’t want to stretch my piercing so I may get mine reset as well. Thank you!

I agree with @FL_runner that it may be different for everyone and depending on how long you keep them on. I use my studs always, only take them off to shower and to clean them. Lets say they are an integral part of my body.
I do think however that no matter how tight you put them on it may be a good idea to check the piercings from time to time so that they have not started stretching, unless you are ok with that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results