shape
carat
color
clarity

Light Yellow OEC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anybody have experience of a light yellow (say P-U colour range) OEC please? Do they perform as well as their whiter counterparts?

TIA

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It depends on all of the other factors that result in diamond performance. In my experience, those with good light display are beautiful!! They offer very brilliant flashes of color mixed with the candlelight colors of the light yellow.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Yep. I just had an appraisal done on the little sweetie in my avitar. It's an OMC, though. It was sold to me as an "M" but the (quality) appraiser said it's a "P". It does face up lighter though.

Does it preform as well, did you say -
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
. Yes and then some.

I really love it, it's a warm, light golden straw color. Brilliance, fire ! ! I could go on and on gushing about it (but I won't).

I have another diamond, which is a G and it's nice but the P is such a rich and glorious color.

What are you looking at?
27.gif

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I love OMC or OEC diamonds in the softer yellow ranges.

Here's one GIA graded Fancy Light Brownish Yellow. This thing sparkled like the dickens.
Originally , it had an EGL report calling it O-P

Sonoma- that's a lovely stone!
IMO color grading in the colors between M and U-V is the most difficult range to work in.
it's a lot easier color grading an E color, for example. If you have a D color sample, it's fairly easy to see one stone is darker than the other.
But in these soft yellow ranges, it's very deceptive. Even if you have comparison stones. Sometimes the stone looks darker from behind, but lighter than the same comparison stone face up.

dave57a.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thanks Rock.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results