shape
carat
color
clarity

Light Return

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for responding, I don't have any pictures at the moment but I'm working on that. The diamond that kind of stands out the most to me is the GIA 6281251192 since it has no flaur and the 33/40.8 compliment each other. Would there be any concern with a 61 table on the larger side ? And also Looking at the GIA report with the inclusions on the table which look to be crystals compared to others would that be a big concern as far as not
" eye clean " ?
Smaller tables increase space for crown (star?) facets, I believe, so a larger table reduces their size. AIUI, the crown facets create dispersion, so with both a larger table and lower crown, you are minimising opportunity for dispersion (and therefore fire).

It is a very different 'flavour' to the 36 crown.

Can you view them side-by-side to determine your preference?
If the diamond is for someone else, do they have a preference?

All inclusions under a table need to be assessed in person to ascertain their visibility and appearance, either by you or a qualified appraiser. (VVS is the exception, I think.)

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Smaller tables increase space for crown (star?) facets, I believe, so a larger table reduces their size. AIUI, the crown facets create dispersion, so with both a larger table and lower crown, you are minimising opportunity for dispersion (and therefore fire).

It is a very different 'flavour' to the 36 crown.

Can you view them side-by-side to determine your preference?
If the diamond is for someone else, do they have a preference?

All inclusions under a table need to be assessed in person to ascertain their visibility and appearance, either by you or a qualified appraiser. (VVS is the exception, I think.)

Thanks for the advice , I do have a preference for a brighter diamond with more white light. Will a 33/ 40.8 combo have alot of sparkle and flash? I understand shallow crowns equal less fire but will I get some fire with this diamond? Appreciate all the help thanks to all who have responded to my questions and concerns....This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it likely that you will still get some fire with that combination, but a lot less than a high crown/small table combination.

It should be noted that a very well cut diamond is able to balance both coloured fire and white light return, giving both brightness and fire from edge to edge, so you don't have to have only one or the other - it is possible to have both.

For example, my other half's Crafted By Infinity stone is like a torch - bright white from edge to edge (making it look bigger than its size) but also giving a blizzard of coloured fire sparkles. It impresses every day, usually when I'm least expecting it, so the 'SuperIdeal' route is something I would recommend to everyone.

It is, however, true to say that you need the suite of light performance analysis tools (IS, ASET, H&A) to analyse cut accurately - GIA rounds off the numbers measured during scanning and also averages, so you have no idea if a 40.8 pavilion is eight pavilion mains all at 40.8, or eight pavilion mains ranging between 40.75 and 40.85, for example. (The differences in numbers seem small, but they can make a big difference.)

To confirm, is the diamond for someone else or yourself?

If someone else, do you know what they prefer?

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond is for my soon to be fiance, after alot of research it's fair to say I'm more knowledgeable and I don't think she has a preference only that's its very bright, shiny and sparkly and with a lttle fire. But as I mentioned before brightness and sparkle would appeal to her more than fire.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond is for my soon to be fiance, after alot of research it's fair to say I'm more knowledgeable and I don't think she has a preference only that's its very bright, shiny and sparkly and with a lttle fire. But as I mentioned before brightness and sparkle would appeal to her more than fire.
There does seem to be some contradictary statements in there ;-)

As mentioned earlier, if you want to stay with this vendor, could you have low crown and high crown stones brought in, so you can compare them side by side?

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
There does seem to be some contradictary statements in there ;-)

As mentioned earlier, if you want to stay with this vendor, could you have low crown and high crown stones brought in, so you can compare them side by side?

I can not see both stones side by side I can pick one or the other based on the GIA reports . Which one would you pick?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can not see both stones side by side I can pick one or the other based on the GIA reports . Which one would you pick?
Neither. I would want more information.
One of the stones is listed with one of our PS vendors. They might call it in for you and take photo's etc so we can help you. 6281251192 GSI1 - do an HCA on it with report # and you will see it.
The other 2 are not listed on RapNet or on PS

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
9923880.jpg

the 1.50ct G SI1 photo - 9 out of 10 from what I can see. Not H&A's but not bad.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
One of the stones is listed with one of our PS vendors. They might call it in for you and take photo's etc so we can help you. 6281251192 GSI1 - do an HCA on it with report # and you will see it.

Is the picture you just posted from GIA report 6281251192 ?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry beat me to it - I couldn't find the 1.51 F SI1 on the PS search tool:

https://www.pricescope.com/diamonds/search?vendor=-1&inhouse=-1&shape=1&minprice=1&maxprice=1000000&mincarat=1.51&maxcarat=1.51&mindepth=61&maxdepth=63&mintable=53&maxtable=58&mincut=1&maxcut=6&mincolor=3&maxcolor=3&minclarity=8&maxclarity=8&minsymmetry=1&maxsymmetry=2&minpolish=1&maxpolish=2&min_cut_gia=1&max_cut_gia=1&min_cut_ags=1&max_cut_ags=2&minflourescence=1&maxflourescence=6&checkbox_panel1=04,05&checkbox_panel2=&sort=depth-asc&page=1&pageview=24&adv=true&days=100&cert_number=

You might want to use the search tool to pick out stones that suit.

Remind us - what is your budget? Can the vendor pull in stones from Rapaport that you choose?

Only you can decide what you prefer. If you can only pick from the two stones listed, I would choose the 36 crown because it would give a lot of coloured fire, which I like, but the inclusion in the table must be assessed in person to see what it looks like.

If you like white light, the lower crown would be the one to pick.

You should ask the intended recipient what they like, so that you don't buy something and have to swap it.

It would be MUCH easier to pick a stone that has pictures and IS and ASET and H&A already taken - you won't be stabbing in the dark if you buy a stone that already has that.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock

Which vender has access to the 6281251192 diamond.? I can't find it with the search tool. Can you please post the link thanks.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put the GIA report number into the HCA tool under the Tools tab, as Garry mentions, and it should come up within the the search box.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this^

Do you have a deposit with your jeweler? Can you just buy a necklace with it and cut ties?

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, this^

Do you have a deposit with your jeweler? Can you just buy a necklace with it and cut ties?

I got all my money back and cut all ties from my jeweler. After alot of reading and extensive research I have educated myself to make a better decision on a diamond purchase. Being from Toronto, Canada I think I'm going to take a trip to the USA and buy a super ideal diamond. Jonathan from Good old Gold has an amazing reputation and would be on the top of my list. I have seen all his youtube videos and he also a member on this Forum so definitely can't go wrong dealing with Jonathan.

Cheers from Toronto

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got all my money back and cut all ties from my jeweler. After alot of reading and extensive research I have educated myself to make a better decision on a diamond purchase. Being from Toronto, Canada I think I'm going to take a trip to the USA and buy a super ideal diamond. Jonathan from Good old Gold has an amazing reputation and would be on the top of my list. I have seen all his youtube videos and he also a member on this Forum so definitely can't go wrong dealing with Jonathan.

Cheers from Toronto

I'm glad you have decided to make things a lot easier and look at SuperIdeals - it is pretty much a guaranteed way to ensure performance.

Jonathon (@Rhino) has now left GOG and has set up August Vintage Inc., so you will have to contact him there if you wish to deal specifically with him. He is focusing more on vintage-style cuts than SuperIdeal diamonds, but might be able to help you find some AGS000 that fall within SuperIdeal parameters.

You should consider Brian Gavin Diamonds, Whiteflash, and Crafted by Infinity (at High Performance Diamonds) if you specifically want SuperIdeals.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you have decided to make things a lot easier and look at SuperIdeals - it is pretty much a guaranteed way to ensure performance.

Jonathon (@Rhino) has now left GOG and has set up August Vintage Inc., so you will have to contact him there if you wish to deal specifically with him. He is focusing more on vintage-style cuts than SuperIdeal diamonds, but might be able to help you find some AGS000 that fall within SuperIdeal parameters.

You should consider Brian Gavin Diamonds, Whiteflash, and Crafted by Infinity (at High Performance Diamonds) if you specifically want SuperIdeals.

Anyone know of any reputable places for super ideal diamonds in the Toronto, Canada area ?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crafted by Infinity might have an outlet in Canada - check out the dealers list on the High Performance Diamonds website.

Other than that, the only option seems to be buying online and importing, unless you're willing to take a holiday to an area with SuperIdeal vendors nearby.

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great! Not sure anyone can really say anything critical of a WF ACA!

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great! Not sure anyone can really say anything critical of a WF ACA!

Thanks for replying, Does a Crown Angle of 34.1 work well with a Pavillion Angle of 40.6?

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for replying, Does a Crown Angle of 34.1 work well with a Pavillion Angle of 40.6?

It scores a very low 0.6 HCA score but falls just short outside the ideal range in the HCA chart which is kind of odd with a super ideal diamond. Any comments on that ?

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AGS 000 trumps HCA. Absolutely no issues.

appl3

Rough_Rock
Why not ask Martin from USA Certed diamonds? He is in Toronto.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Boise Idaho (HighPerformanceDiamonds; 11 hour drive) would be closest to Toronto vs. Texas (BGD, WF). Give a read to HPD's "Try Before you Buy" program.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
I think Boise Idaho (HighPerformanceDiamonds; 11 hour drive) would be closest to Toronto vs. Texas (BGD, WF). Give a read to HPD's "Try Before you Buy" program.

It's not closer it's 3600 kilometers do the conversion to miles Texas would be closer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results