shape
carat
color
clarity

Light box international shipping

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,

just wondering if anyone has any inside information on international shipping from light box.

Have the ever mentioned it as a future option? I emailed them a few years ago and they just said it wasn’t an option And I messaged them recently and have not got a response!

Thanks

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would be nice if they did ship internationally!!

dvj

Shiny_Rock
@Lisag103 @OoohShiny

I received an email today that Lightbox has started shipping to the UK! I don't know you are located, but perhaps this will come as good news? The only other places I think they currently ship to is the United States and Canada

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
@Lisag103 @OoohShiny

I received an email today that Lightbox has started shipping to the UK! I don't know you are located, but perhaps this will come as good news? The only other places I think they currently ship to is the United States and Canada

Ohh that’s interesting. I am in Ireland but can use Parcel Motel for things that only ship to UK!

Wonder will the prices change or if there are customs and duty fees due also!

dvj

Shiny_Rock
Ohh that’s interesting. I am in Ireland but can use Parcel Motel for things that only ship to UK!

Wonder will the prices change or if there are customs and duty fees due also!

The number prices I can see are almost the exact same that they are in $, but in £. (Instead of $1000, pay £950. With the exchange, I guess they they cost between 20-30% more when shipped to the UK. And I don't know shipping costs. Maybe the difference is tax?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I tried to find out the shipping cost to UK, went as far as signing into my PayPal account, and it still says free shipping. I don't want to risk it so I stopped.

However, I suspect a shipping charge would be added to the final total, as I cannot image it would be free.

Regardless of shipping cost, I am almost certain I would have to pay for import and custom charges on top.

DK :))

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
@Lisag103 @OoohShiny

This is Amazing news... Woo hoo...have they mentioned when they will be starting this service?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Amazing news... Woo hoo...have they mentioned when they will be starting this service?

I believe they have started to ship to UK already.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
James Allen has free international shipping, so it could be that Lightbox shipping is free.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, I tried to find out the shipping cost to UK, went as far as signing into my PayPal account, and it still says free shipping. I don't want to risk it so I stopped.

However, I suspect a shipping charge would be added to the final total, as I cannot image it would be free.

Regardless of shipping cost, I am almost certain I would have to pay for import and custom charges on top.

I agree! I was hoping that when they started UK shipping it would be from a European base to avoid import fees similarly to what blue Nile do but think it was more wishful thinking ha ha!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! I was hoping that when they started UK shipping it would be from a European base to avoid import fees similarly to what blue Nile do but think it was more wishful thinking ha ha!

If and when they do that, there will be a price increase to offset the import fees that they have to pay for importing them in the first place.

That's my hunch.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I checked BlueNile and when I changed shipping country to Sweden, Lightbox disappeared from their site. I am guessing I still cant order from here.
I think it is only a matter of time... Too long of a wait though. ;(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a look at BlueNile. The prices are in Aust$ and include duties and GST according to the website. That’s handy.

Very intetesring
thanks for the info

The entire US, range is available in $NZ but 2 annoying differences between NZ and Australia- i have to pay the tax once it arrives in NZ as importer of record and itle and risk of loss for items ordered will transfer to me once my shipment has been picked up by the carrier from Blue Nile's facilities.

Anyway its good place to start once i have the $$$$

I want a princess cut pendent to put into a ring but id prefer silver which i don't see as an optiom
although i could reset the pendent with something colourful and fun if i got rose gold

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock

Taxes and duties are inclusive, they're built into the prices shown against each item, the information is in this link:

"For the UK, we include the duties and taxes in the price that is displayed on each product page. This means you will not have to pay these fees separately when checking out or when your order arrives."

and:

What countries do you ship to?

We currently ship to the US, Canada and the UK - stay tuned for more shipping destinations!

How much does international shipping cost?

We offer free express shipping through DHL for all orders shipping to outside of the U.S.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Taxes and duties are inclusive, they're built into the prices shown against each item, the information is in this link:

"For the UK, we include the duties and taxes in the price that is displayed on each product page. This means you will not have to pay these fees separately when checking out or when your order arrives."

and:

We currently ship to the US, Canada and the UK - stay tuned for more shipping destinations!

We offer free express shipping through DHL for all orders shipping to outside of the U.S.

Wow that’s good to know!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

and:

Good news indeed, thanks for that!

Good job they are not offering OECs at the moment, otherwise I would be very tempted!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent news, thank you for the heads-up! :))

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
It looks like UK returns would be straightforward too - that's always been my biggest worry with international purchases.

I was previously considering a more fancy cut pendant from Vrai, but I'm now looking at one from Lightbox - perhaps the 1 1/8 princess cut pendant when it comes back into stock.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
Despite just mentioning princess cuts, I've now spotted Lightbox's cushion cuts. I know they face up smaller than rounds, but these are set in the long axis position and I'm wondering how they might look in person (does anybody here have one?). If a 1ct cushion is about 5.5 x 5.5mm then the long axis will probably be around 6.9mm.

Very tempting at the price. I'm doing my best to have a changeup from rounds and the cushions look so elegant and well suited to daily wear.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I woke up this morning to find I'd sold a necklace on eBay, so I'm excited to say I've ordered the Lightbox 1ct cushion pendant in white gold.

I'll report back on the shipping experience to the UK, and the pendant, in a few days.

I've not had a cushion before, I know they can be tricky regarding cut. I can't picture the 1ct size, but I hope it will be big enough to be noticeable yet neat enough to suit everyday wear.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Just had a look this morning and the UK prices are higher than US so looks like that’s how they are charging the customs excise and duty! Looked at the 1 carat round pendant and it’s $1000 but £980 which is roughly $1300 as per XE. So not exactly $800 a carat but Still a great price though and good to have options.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
I woke up this morning to find I'd sold a necklace on eBay, so I'm excited to say I've ordered the Lightbox 1ct cushion pendant in white gold.

I'll report back on the shipping experience to the UK, and the pendant, in a few days.

I've not had a cushion before, I know they can be tricky regarding cut. I can't picture the 1ct size, but I hope it will be big enough to be noticeable yet neat enough to suit everyday wear.

Can’t wait to see it! Keep us posted.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
My Lightbox 1 carat cushion pendant was despatched on Sunday and this morning was showing as out for delivery with DHL. Nothing has arrived as yet. I'm concerned Lightbox uses DHL, who in my experience are very unreliable.

I'll update as soon as it arrives.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
It arrived today - that’s just three days from the USA to the UK, very impressive shipping.

Tomorrow I’ll try to take some photos of it for the Lightbox thread, including some of it sitting next to a 1 carat round so people can see the size difference in how the two cuts face up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results