shape
carat
color
clarity

Light blue sapphire with dark blue sides?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone ever seen a ring that used a monochromatic but different shade combination? For example, a light blue sapphire with dark blue sidestones? Or an aquamarine with sapphires? Or some similar combo?

For example these:
SAP-00384-l.jpg

Flanking this:
SAP-00559-l.jpg

Or somthing similar?

I think this would make a really pretty sapphire e-ring paried with a "rainbow" of blue sapphires eternity wedding band...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue topaz with sapphire is not unheard of and the combinations looks terrific
1.gif

Don''t know where to scoop up just the right photo right now... ''guess there are a couple of fashion rings with this combination at Pearlmanjewelers''com, but not three-stone type.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the only one I could find during a quick search. Description says it''s a cornflower blue sapphire center with graduated shades of dark to light sapphire in the sides. I can''t see much difference in the sidestones but that may be due to photo taking technique.

Anywhooo, I think the monochromatic theme is a great idea. The only caution is to use stones with appropriate Mohs hardness to cope with everyday wear.

gr5220-sapphire-rings.jpg

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t find what you''re refering to on pearlmans.com, but, in an unrelated note, I did see this, which caught my eye:
39B11.jpg

7.36ct cushion-cut sapphire center stone!! And coming in at just under 100k for the ring! Whew!

Anyway, I noticed from looking at the pics I oringinally poster that is might be knida'' hard to get the exact right color combo for this style. Anyone have any ideas on how to match different shades of the same color (blue or otherwise)?

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Velourial-

Hey there! I have seen a graduated shades of blue sapphire bracelet at one of the higher end jewelers around here, andit was stunning! I think a monochrome tone ring would be a great e-ring....

I don''t know how this could be accomplished, except for maybe working with one of the jewelers on here to try to match the same tone of color.

Am I correct in this is the same VelouriaL from UW? I cannot access that site from work anymore, and it is hard to get on at night for me, so this is where I get to hang most of the time. If you still want that book......I will be happy to send it to you if you could PM your address again on this site!

Happy hunting for your perfect and unusual ring!

Jen

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Jen-- Yeah, it''s me! I actually came to UW guided by my interest in jewelery, (i.e., looking for pictures of e-rings) and then, as things in my relationship progressed, got interested in the other end of planning (i.e., looking for pictures of MY e-ring!), so I really do hang out here more often, too!

I think I know the book you''re talking about, but I''m not sure if it was me who PMed you for it... But, hey, I could use it, too! I''ve always wanted to take a look! I''ll PM you.

YOu''re right, though, that my ring idea is very unusual, but that''s what we''re all about! I can''t tell you how many times my BF and I have changed our minds since beginning the process! Actually, he took a few jewelery-making classes in college and, if he can get access to jewelry shop at his alma mater, he''s thinking of making it himself! He''s a sculptor and very good, so I''m not TOO worried... if we get nice stones, we can always get a new setting if need be.

Matata- Yeah, I can''t really see the color gradation, either. Must be the photography. UI think that with Mohs hardness, it would be great to do it in all sapphires.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2005 5:15:20 PM
Author: velouriaL
I can''t find what you''re refering to on pearlmans.com
Yeah... it just makes an example of different shades of blue in one place:

Btw. 7 carat blue sapphire doesn''t have to carry six figures tag - it happens, but that''s not to be expected
20.gif

DP1.jpg

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
You show some good stuff Ana, but ooh I don''t like that. Looks like a guy wants to finish off his half empty parcels. Anybody?

I like the sound of this thread. I wish I had more to offer. I would say any lively sapphire would go well together whatever the colour, but you know my limitations - as above

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2005 7:46:56 AM
Author: Platinumsmith

You show some good stuff Ana, but ooh I don''t like that. Looks like a guy wants to finish off his half empty parcels. Anybody?
Hm... coming from Damiani, that one looks like a true case of "reversed snobbery" or "sapphire patchwork"
2.gif

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ring1A.jpg

f9819c.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
from Eye-candy thread: The following Picture was posted by Author: haunani
Center stone is a 5.3mm white sapphire. Next are the 3mm aquamarine, then the swiss and london blue topazes, both 2.5mm
Original thread

Carmen2.jpg

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I have a ring with a deeper blue oval sapphire as the center stone. The sides have channel-set princess stones that are sapphires in lighter blue colors down to an almost white sapphire. Sorry I don''t have a picture. Maybe I can take one later today.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I like the colors in the ring you, posted Ana, but I do think the design is lacking a certain... something... it seems like this might be a tricky combo that might require some careful design.

I like the color combo in the second ring you posted, Tony.

Lynne- Too bad! I would love to see a pictures! :(

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2005 12:40:1 PM

it seems like this might be a tricky combo that might require some careful design.
Is this going to be a "three stone" ring - basically ? If so, perhaps the size, shape and color of the sides could be decided after you have settled on the center piece
5.gif

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Ana-
Well, it''s nothing really anything but an idea right now... a three stone seems like a good way to go for now. You''re right that it would be easiest/most effective to built out from a center piece.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ever seen this done in other colors? Greens? Reds? Oranges?

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Not the best pictures, but here is my ring. You can sort of see how the sapphires closest to the center oval are very pale blue and get darker down the sides until they are the same color as the center stone. There are 5 princess-cut sapphires on each side. I''m sorry I couldn''t get a picture that showed the color differentiation better. The ring is quite stunning in person.

ovalsapph_top.jpg

ovalsapph_side.jpg

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2005 1:27:38 PM
Has anyone ever seen this done in other colors? Greens? Reds? Oranges?
You got it.
769-sm.jpg
766-sm.jpg

767-sm.jpg
768-sm.jpg

goldensapp.orangegarnetsring.jpg
6018.jpg

505-sm.jpg
510-sm.jpg

coolguynamek

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Here is around 15 carats Hexagonal Cut Light bluetinge BlueSappphire.

bluetinge.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
tonysgeko,
Where did you find that fabulous picture of those sapphire rings?? Do you know who the designer is?? Just curious, you always come up with the exact thing people are looking for!! Good job!!
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2005 11:19
6.gif
6 AM
Author: kaleigh
tonysgeko,
Where did you find that fabulous picture of those sapphire rings...
Royalgems.com
34.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that Golden sapphire/Orange garnet ring!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Those are really neat, too!
Anyone ever seen ones with other varieties the SAME color... a peridot with an emerald or tsavorite? Pink sapphires and rubies? Hmm...

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here''s a mock up, Valeria101 could do a better job blindfolded.

5dcfabc0.jpg

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium

amysjewelrystore.jpg

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another sapphire pic.

jewelryweb.jpg

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I like the marquise sapphire ring. Where is it from?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing is pretty clear to me... by the time size, shape, cut and slight color variations get just right (even on paper - let alone in person) chances are you might give up! Even if there aren't 100 examples out there, it may help to play around with some ideas and see if any looks tempting enough to try out for real.
(these guys below come from Multicolour)

ColorSwatch.JPG

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
It seems like you would need to have enough color contrast to show that it was deliberate rather than mismatched stones. For example, to me the three pinks that Valeria posted above aren''t different enough. A ruby flanked with pink sapphires might be pretty, or a sapphire with aquamarine. That''s my opinion and it''s worth what you paid for it!
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2005 1:17:40 AM
Author: Addlepated
It seems like you would need to have enough color contrast to show that it was deliberate rather than mismatched stones
Yes Sir ! Here''s some more color matching
2.gif

ColorSwatch1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results