shape
carat
color
clarity

Light blue sapphire in LOGR setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone - I had this made a few months back for a friend of mine. She recently went through a tough divorce and was lamenting the fact that she couldn''t wear her wedding set any more. I offered to make her a replacement ring so she could look at something pretty on her hand. She wanted something delicate and sparkly.

I bought the sapphire off ebay so I''m not sure of the quality, but it looks great. I had Mark at Engagementringsdirect set it for me and he told me that the LOGR setting was "soft" and I should be careful with it. I was really pleased with the ring when it was set.

Light blue sapphire 1.5ct 6x8mm
LOGR pave ring setting
size 4.5

C ring 007.jpg

hand shot

C ring 009.jpg

on a vase

C ring 016.jpg

hand shot - this one looks big because it was such a close-up.

C ring 021.jpg

What a sweet friend you are!
36.gif

The ring is very pretty, I love the icy light blue. Would you mind send me the link to the LOGR ring? Did you upgrade the diamonds?
30.gif

Oh how pretty! And what a sweet friend you are! She is going to love it!

Hi Yingh - so glad you liked it!

Here''s the link to the setting. I may have paid slightly less because I won it in an auction. I didn''t upgrade the stones and was pleased to find that they looked small but sparkly. I didn''t dare loupe them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oval-6X8mm-Diamond-14K-Gold-Semi-Mount-Ring_W0QQitemZ220384182182QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiamond_Solitaire_with_Accents?hash=item220384182182&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

That is a beautiful ring. What a wonderful and sweet friend you are. Friends like you are to be treasured always.

Thanks for the link! Your pictures looks much nicer than those of the vendor! I always skipped this one when browsing. What a pleasant surprise!
10.gif

How you like the side view?

I agree with the ''soft'' assessment on LOGR rings. I have learned to always check the total weight of the ring and found it will be safer to go above 3 gram.

The ring is lovely!

Thank you for all the sweet comments! Yes, this friend of mine is very dear to me. In fact, I helped her with her wedding set when they purchased it 2 years ago. I am also glad that she indulges my obsession with jewelry!

Yingh - here is a side shot. It''s not terribly pretty but the good thing is that you can wear a band flush.

I brought the stone and setting to a few local B&Ms and they were really harsh about the setting. They said they would charge $150 to set it because they were sure the pave would fall out. I was just trying to set it locally instead of shipping it to Mark T, but after I got such bad comments, I sent it to Mark who set it with no problems. I''m curious to see how the ring holds up with time.

C ring 010.jpg

Wow! That''s gorgeous!!!I love it!!!

Date: 3/29/2009 3:54:33 PM
Author: gongjoo143
Thank you for all the sweet comments! Yes, this friend of mine is very dear to me. In fact, I helped her with her wedding set when they purchased it 2 years ago. I am also glad that she indulges my obsession with jewelry!

Yingh - here is a side shot. It''s not terribly pretty but the good thing is that you can wear a band flush.

I brought the stone and setting to a few local B&Ms and they were really harsh about the setting. They said they would charge $150 to set it because they were sure the pave would fall out. I was just trying to set it locally instead of shipping it to Mark T, but after I got such bad comments, I sent it to Mark who set it with no problems. I''m curious to see how the ring holds up with time.
What a lovely friend you are, and that ring is beautiful!

I have this setting in which I''ve set a pink tourmaline, and I love it! I can wear it flush with another ring if I want to, and so far, I''ve had no problems with it!

Thank you all! It was such a fun project, especially because it wasn''t for me.

Laurenthepartier - I''m glad yours is holding up well. That is reassuring.

I purchased another halo setting from LOGR and it''s damaged, so I guess it''s a real toss-up whether you get a good one or not. Luckily they are going to replace it with another.

What a pretty ring! gong- you are so sweet to make such a lovely ring for your friend.

It''s lovely!! Very delicate and classy.

Very elegant ring.

AWESOME RING!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Oh, how beautiful! It''s very elegant, indeed. It reminds me of an aqua as well.

Well done!
36.gif

Wow that''s gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You are such a great friend. She''s going to love the ring.

Very nice - both, the ring and your gesture.

What a wonderful friend you are! The ring is beautiful.
36.gif

That turned out spectacular! What a sweet friend you are and I''m so pleased Mark was able to help you out.

Thats a beautiful ring and you are a wonderful friend!

What a sweet gift, it''s a pretty stone, no matter what it''s provenance.

Wow! Beautiful!!!

I love this ring!!! you are a sweet sweet person to do such a nice thing for your friend - i am sure she is going to love it!

gongjoo--- It''s funny you say you had really bad reactions to the setting from local stores. I purchased the same setting from LOGR and it was a disaster! A few people refused to set it, and two other jewelers set it for me but they both did a TERRIBLE job, and blamed it on the workmanship of the original setting. They said to fix it would cost more than I paid for it in the first place. Good thinking having a pricescope jeweler set it! It looks FAR better than mine. I actually took the stone right out of mine and put it in a different setting. I''m glad you had better luck with yours though, it turned out really beautiful!

Btw you are a very sweet friend. Not only is the ring beautiful, but I''m sure having such a caring friend helps her get through the pain of the divorce. Kudos to you
36.gif

How sweet of you! It''s gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics