shape
carat
color
clarity

lifetime protection plan - Zales

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfnrg

Rough_Rock
Anyone utilize Zales'' "LIFETIME PROTECTION PLAN"? Pros/Cons? Is it worth $150 (one-time fee) to include repair/rhodium plating?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Expert OldMiner answered your warranty query in your other thread and gives a great explanation and points for you to consider
4.gif
Also if you do a search for warranty, then lots of threads on this subject will come up which are worth reading too.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/setting-my-rock-is-the-warranty-worth-it.66553/

surfnrg

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses. Yeah, that was a little too deep for this early in the morning.

Actually, I''m looking for a specific experience with the "Zales Commitment".

I''m really not too impressed with that (or any chain) store...but liked the Dana Augustine designs.
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 8:29:08 AM
Author: surfnrg

I''m really not too impressed with that (or any chain) store...but liked the Dana Augustine designs.
35.gif

If you post what ring you like we may be able to find you a better quality ring from a different vendor.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2007 8:29:08 AM
Thanks for your responses. Yeah, that was a little too deep for this early in the morning.

Actually, I''m looking for a specific experience with the ''Zales Commitment''.

35.gif
Umm, Zales is a chain store and their "Zales Commitment" is just the same as the other chain store''s lifetime protection plan, which in others words is just another way to squeeze extra money into their coffers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could write you pages of problems I''ve had with Zales. My original ering from them had channel set diamond accents that they charged me $70 to tighten and I had their lifetime diamond bond on it. They said it only covered if the diamonds feel out of the ring. Another jewerly store in the mall fixed the same thing for me FREE while I waited because the ering was attached to their anniversary band. I bought some dangle pink sapphire earrings from them last summer that were on clearance and I found the earnut on one was too loose. The earrings were $270 and when I went back to ask for a new earnut they said since I didn''t buy their warranty they couldn''t help me - it was a week later. When I got insistent they said come back some other day because they didn''t have any earnuts in the store. I complained to their customer service online who pretty much told me the same thing. After a few email exchanges pointing out how much money I''ve spent in their store and how I planned to never buy a thing from them again I finally got a call from the store manager saying oooh I''m sorry if you''ll bring out your earrings we can take care of you. I would not buy an ering from them but if that''s the ring tham makes you smile I would read the fine print very closely and ask a lot of questions before buying their warranty.

surfnrg

Rough_Rock
ok....don''t make me shower myself with buyer''s remorse! aghh! No, I think I made a good call, particularly getting the ring my GF fell in love with (but not with a center stone
2.gif
)

Lessons learned.

1) I''ve learned enough from PS that when I saw stones for sale at these "million dollar diamond event"....that I laughed so hard that I had hiccups for 2 days.

2) Buy what your "to-be" loves.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 9:37:42 AM
ok....don''t make me shower myself with buyer''s remorse! aghh! No, I think I made a good call, particularly getting the ring my GF fell in love with (but not with a center stone
2.gif
)

Lessons learned.

1) I''ve learned enough from PS that when I saw stones for sale at these ''million dollar diamond event''....that I laughed so hard that I had hiccups for 2 days.

2) Buy what your ''to-be'' loves.

Smart man
9.gif

So you are going to get a center stone from somewhere else?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying someone your "to-be" loves is very important. I''d buy something that made my heart skip a beat and gives me butterflies no matter where I found it. I will look forward to seeing the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results