shape
carat
color
clarity

Life before pricescope...Does anyone miss it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Gee, I don''t miss life before Pricescope, but I do miss impulse buys. Now, buying jewelry takes research ad nauseum, I can never come home with jewelry anymore. I have to read, search, negotiate and dream about it before I get to touch it!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
PS is a saviour
17.gif
...I was clueless before, but with the wealth of knowledge Ive gained here, I believe I can make a proper decision whether on-line or at a B&M store...of course i know now that its cheaper online. I nearly got conned into buying a fisheye diamond with a vendor
23.gif
. This vendor had said it was an ideal cut...G, VS1 color but the dimensions/angles were way off. There was no way I would of known the difference before PS. I thought the 4c was all that mattered. As a matter of fact, I almost bought the stone
23.gif
. phew, thank goodness I didnt! Having a better understanding of the diamond business arms consumers with an education/knowledge to make a smart purchase.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I love PS. Before PS, I thought Cartier had the best stones out there. After PS, I realize that although Cartier may have very good, sometimes excellent, stones, they cannot compare to the super ideals like the ACA. I''m not a numbers person and I have no patience when it comes to calculating depth vs pavilion vs table and how it affects the cut. I go by the IdealScope and plug in the Sarin numbers to the HCA and decide from there. I''m also more of a letter person, so I pay attention to the detailed wording on the reports, although there isn''t much, it''s what I automatically zone in on.

Unfortunately, that''s the way I chose my asscher RHR, and then I read the advice from strm, but it was too late and the deed was done. I''ve learned not to second guess it though, because I do get a lot of compliments on it.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results