shape
carat
color
clarity

LGD Cert: GIA vs IGI vs GCAL

paperumbrella

Rough_Rock
I am curious what the experts here prefer in terms of LGD certification and why. I appreciate that everyone here is so generous with sharing their opinions and knowledge- I am really enjoying learning more about diamonds and other gems!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IGI seems to be the most common. My personal preference is GCAL 8x for the cut analysis.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
IGI - good and very common
GIA - good, but rare
AGS - great, but rarer still
GCAL 8X - minimal effort, maximum payoff

It's possible to find both pinnacles and duds with any grading lab, and I've even seen a few GCAL 8X diamonds online that had minor wonkiness that I'd personally avoid, but I'd guess that 99% of the time, a GCAL 8X diamond is about the safest choice for getting amazing cut quality and light performance.

nan nan

Rough_Rock
IGI - good and very common
GIA - good, but rare
AGS - great, but rarer still
GCAL 8X - minimal effort, maximum payoff

It's possible to find both pinnacles and duds with any grading lab, and I've even seen a few GCAL 8X diamonds online that had minor wonkiness that I'd personally avoid, but I'd guess that 99% of the time, a GCAL 8X diamond is about the safest choice for getting amazing cut quality and light performance.

which seller carries GCAL 8x, I could not find one yet.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
We can help you search and even make some outstanding recommendations, if you'd like.

We just need to know:
1. Budget for the loose diamond
2. Carat weight or diameter range you desire
3. Color range preference
4. Clarity range preference
5. Stateside or overseas

nan nan

Rough_Rock
We can help you search and even make some outstanding recommendations, if you'd like.

We just need to know:
1. Budget for the loose diamond
2. Carat weight or diameter range you desire
3. Color range preference
4. Clarity range preference
5. Stateside or overseas

Oh that will be fantastic, I do not know the price for GCAL 8x, just heard that will be pricier than others. I really want to have 4.50-5 carats, color G, or F and VS2 or better. My budget is $25,000, also open mind with GCAL 8x price as well. Thank you so much for your help

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results