shape
carat
color
clarity

LFVDOLL''s 1.94 Round in Cushion Shaped Halo is Here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Okay so the proposal deets...

I messed EVERYTHING UP! Lol. But it turned out absolutely perfect. B had planned an elaborate proposal for next weekend taking place at the W either in Minneapolis (where we live) or in NY - which is where he and I used to stay when he came to visit me in New York when I interned there for a summer (this is the time when we REALLY started to fall in love and get serious). So the ring came in early (I learned last night) and B moved the proposal up a weekend and decided to propose at the W Minneapolis.

Anyway, Friday when he learned the ring was ready, he told me he had to work on Saturday (sneaky, sneaky!), so I was kinda thinking I'd have a day with my sister (she is living with us for her senior year of college). He went to my parents house in the morning (where he had the ring sent) asked them for my hand (so sweet!) and had my parents call me to ask me if I wanted to meet them downtown for lunch since B was working. BUT.... I said NO! Eek!! I had a lot of stuff I wanted to get done including taking my pup to the vet, dropping off something for my aunt, getting my nails done and going for a run. Plus I was exhausted from a crazy week. Anyway my sister and I ran the errands in the morning then I FORCED her to have lunch for me (meanwhile she's texting Bob to say that his plan wasn't going to work because we were already eating lunch).

So he quickly had to change his plan to instead surprise me on my run - he knows my route. :) He went to wait for me at the lake I run around at 12:30 p.m.. I came home at 12:30... and decided I wanted to take a NAP! OMG! During this time my sister is still giving Bob and my parents the play by play. I told my sister that I was going to go for my run at 2:15 - she told B and B went to get lunch because he knew it was going to be a while. He came back to his position while I S-L-O-W-L-Y got ready for my run. I was folding laundry, cleaning up the house a bit for B when he came home from work. FINALLY I left for my run at 3:45!!!

At about the halfway point of my run, I rounded the lake and all the sudden saw familiar shoes and legs... Lo and behold, it was B!!! I slowed down and started to smile saying "B (I actually call him B) what are you doing here?!?!" He said "I came to see you, Lo (what he calls me!" And I said "How did you know I would be here??" He said "I always know where you are"... "Come with me I want to show you something..." So I followed.... We got away from the main trail with trees surrounding us for privacy and he got down on one knee... and asked me to marry him!!! I said YES!!!! I was crying and we both were shaking - he was so nervous it was adorable. And he put the most beautiful ring on my (sweaty) finger!!!!

I asked him to re-read his proposal (he wrote it down) because it was all a blur!! :) We are going to frame the piece of paper...

He was SO nervous to give me the ring because he said I was "crazy" about diamonds and "hearts and arrows"... Lol. In fact, one text my sister sent him while he was waiting for me at the park said "she's on the computer!"... He responded "OMG - she's probably on Pricescope!!!" Lol...

Ahh... It was the best day. We celebrated at Manny's steakhouse (Num!!) and spent the night at the W hotel. It was AMAZING and it has been a dream of a weekend. I constantly look down at my finger and am amazed by this GORGEOUS disco ball on my finger!!!

And the reason it ended up being SO perfect is because B and I met at the gym!!!!! And we both were in our gym clothes when he proposed!!! (He put his running outfit on just in case I said I wanted to finish the run...Are ya kiddin' me?!?!? What run?!?!?)

Alright, so on to the diamond deets!!!

First, I would like to give a shout out to www.Since1910.com... B and I have seriously been to every nice jewelry store in the metro area and he said they were absolutely the BEST customer service and he will be doing all of his future business with them!! ()

The diamond

1.94 carat round brilliant
GIA cert
Excellent cut
H color
Si2 (the most eye clean Si2 I've ever seen!!!)
7.95-7.96 x 4.94
No flor
VG polish
Excellent symmetry

The setting is from Stardust Diamonds and is absolutely PERFECT!!! Two of the most delicate rows of pave halo the center stone... The shape of the halo is cushion shaped and the shank is splits right before the halo with diamonds going down a little past half way.

Ring 2.49 TCW, 18kwg

SMTR.aspx.jpg

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the terrible quality of the photos!! They were taken using my Mac... My fiance''s digital is at his office. So I''ll get some goodies soon!!! But this will give you the feel! :)

SMTR2.aspx.jpg

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Hard to keep my hand still for so long... So here''s a book shot! :)

SMTR3.aspx.jpg

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
And the last one... for now. :) I''ll be back...

19.gif

SMTR4.aspx.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Totally gorgeous!!! And what a wonderful proposal, in spite of your considerable efforts to avoid it!!!!! Congratulations!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
AWWWWWW....That is an adorable story...congrats on your engagement. What a purely beautiful ring too. You must be beyond happy!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!!! Beyond happy.... I said on LIW that the best part of all of this is.... I get to marry the LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal and a lovely ring.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement!!!!!! That is an awesome ring!!! Look at that finger coverage!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful storey and beautiful ring!! Congrats!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
LFVdoll,

OMG!!!!! Congratulations to you! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL, I am in love!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I cannot wait to see more close-ups...you need to put on a real show with that baby, it''s a stunner!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! I LOVE the shape of the Halo! Can''t wait to see more pics!!!
30.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the ring...so beautiful! Your proposal story is too cute and it sounds like it was perfectly you two! Enjoy and savor this time, I swear I think for at least a month after my engagement I was on a cloud.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hubba hubba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the proposal story. Congratulations.
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!! What an amazing ring and story!!!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the sweet comments!!!! I can''t wait to post some pics that show the detail of the setting! :) Stay tuned for mid-week updates! Woo!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning ring! Can''t wait to see more pics!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 6:48:37 PM
Author: fsu1227
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the ring...so beautiful! Your proposal story is too cute and it sounds like it was perfectly you two! Enjoy and savor this time, I swear I think for at least a month after my engagement I was on a cloud.

Yes!! Totally on cloud nine... I''ve been pinching myself nonstop the whole weekend!! :) When does the whole staring at your hand thing stop?? ;-) I almost got into 3 accidents today because I couldn''t take my eyes off of it. Hehe. :) He did such a good job...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
absolutely stunning ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
...I still look at my E-ring everyday...It''s been almost a year and a half. I don''t think that ends, why should it? No diamond shrinkage here:)

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 8:04:10 PM
Author: fsu1227
...I still look at my E-ring everyday...It''s been almost a year and a half. I don''t think that ends, why should it? No diamond shrinkage here:)

True that, sister! ;-)

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a sweet proposal story. Your ring is gorgeous - looking forward to seeing more detailed pics.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thats gorgeous. Congratulations!!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Best Wishes and Congratulations! LOVELY ring and such a sweet proposal story!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! What a cute story to have, and I love that your fiance (!!!) wrote down his proposal and that you''ll have that forever!!

Your ring is STUNNING!! Talk about finger coverage! Wow! Can''t wait to see more detailed pictures!
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredibly stunning ring....can''t wait to see more close up detail shots of this ring
30.gif

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
In the daylight! The day of the proposal!!

SMTR9.aspx.jpg

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Got a mani... FINALLY! :)

SMTR7.aspx.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. It''s pretty.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous!!!! The cushion-shaped halo is so unique with a round diamond!
1.gif
1.gif

May I ask why you are wearing the ring on your right hand in some of the pictures instead of your left hand...just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results