color
clarity

Letters

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1347134251|3264373 said:
madelise|1347130774|3264363 said:
Oh, girl, who cares who pays for it! I know people get all judgey on that crap but c'mon! Same financial responsibility when you're married anyway! I subsidized a portion of mine because it went over my alotted budget. Some people get all judgey for THAT! If anyone gives you a look, tell em to shut up :) Ditto Aud. If you're BOTH making that decision, it's no one's business but yours!

I can't to see what you guys come up with! !!
EXACTLY! As long as it's JOINT. I'm in no way for a girl going out and buying her own ring without her guy being clued in! Lol, but really (assuming you believe in joint finances after marriage) does it really matter who pays for it? People can take their judgment and shove it. Haha. Do what works for you.

WHAT?! Darn it?! I'm not allowed to go buy my own ring and force my SO to propose to me? Damn it! HAHAH.

I usually don't tell people to watch trash TV, but if you can search up the new episodes of Teen Mom, one of the recent ones has Farrah, one of the teen moms, literally buying her own engagement ring from a thrift shop while she's out with her boyfriend, and giving it to him to propose to her when he's ready. They were together for only a few weeks! He was sweating and tugging at his collar! LOL! She then cornered him in a "stuck" situation to talk about it, when they were literally in the middle of a lake on a paddle boat! It was the biggest FAIL LIW-itis I've ever seen. GO WATCH!! I think MTV streams the show.

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1347138229|3264412 said:
WHAT?! Darn it?! I'm not allowed to go buy my own ring and force my SO to propose to me? Damn it! HAHAH.

I usually don't tell people to watch trash TV, but if you can search up the new episodes of Teen Mom, one of the recent ones has Farrah, one of the teen moms, literally buying her own engagement ring from a thrift shop while she's out with her boyfriend, and giving it to him to propose to her when he's ready. They were together for only a few weeks! He was sweating and tugging at his collar! LOL! She then cornered him in a "stuck" situation to talk about it, when they were literally in the middle of a lake on a paddle boat! It was the biggest FAIL LIW-itis I've ever seen. GO WATCH!! I think MTV streams the show.
Yikes! I'm not into that show, but jeez...that'd be enough to make ANY guy tug at his collar.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1347138229|3264412 said:
audball|1347134251|3264373 said:
madelise|1347130774|3264363 said:
Oh, girl, who cares who pays for it! I know people get all judgey on that crap but c'mon! Same financial responsibility when you're married anyway! I subsidized a portion of mine because it went over my alotted budget. Some people get all judgey for THAT! If anyone gives you a look, tell em to shut up :) Ditto Aud. If you're BOTH making that decision, it's no one's business but yours!

I can't to see what you guys come up with! !!
EXACTLY! As long as it's JOINT. I'm in no way for a girl going out and buying her own ring without her guy being clued in! Lol, but really (assuming you believe in joint finances after marriage) does it really matter who pays for it? People can take their judgment and shove it. Haha. Do what works for you.

hahahha omg poor boy!!!! and what's wrong with buying my own ring and forcing SO to propose to me??? hrmph... ;( :nono: :mrgreen:

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1347140120|3264432 said:
hahahha omg poor boy!!!! and what's wrong with buying my own ring and forcing SO to propose to me??? hrmph... ;( :nono: :mrgreen:
Hmph...maybe nothing! Give it a try and let me know how it goes! Hahah.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
haha, thanks ladies for all the support on me financially supporting the ring purchase... I just know if I have to 'wait' until he saves up money, it'll be another 5 years before it happens, I'm not willing to wait that long for a proposal :) I want kids like three years ago, and have done my fair share of waiting for the other person (then after all the 7 years of waiting him deciding that he wanted to boink my friend/bridesmaid). We have only been together a year, but I had voiced my very loud opinion about a serious committment within a year of dating, we took a about two months off in the middle so I've told him I'd give him a little more time... and he has voiced his opinion about wanted to marry me, so I'm not too worried.

and I honestly want children with him more than I want a wedding (backwards I know, but my heart just wants kids sooo very badly, and before I'm too old to have them, even though everyone says that I'm not getting old); if I had to pick marrage or a baby, I would pick baby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results