shape
carat
color
clarity

Letters

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Awww ILS sooo cute!!! Love the collage of all the cards!! Good luck today, whether you ask or he does hehe.

audball

Ideal_Rock
So sweet! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :) :) :) :appl:

ETA: Happy Anniversary!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEK!!! Happy anniversary!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Dying of excitement over here!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
ILS!!!

Come on--- we are dying here!!! how was the proposal???

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Our night was great. We met after work at the pet shop and picked out some new fish for our fish tank, then headed home and while the fish were floating we changed for dinner. We went back to the restruant that we went to one year ago. Had way too much food (but it was oh so good, and now I have lunch leftovers), I gave him my last letter (I actually had given him one that morning so he wasn't expecting this one). I think I saw him almost cry, he said it was the most beautiful letter ever. We head home, stop at the grocery store for some toppings for the cheese cake we have at home, and possibly picking up a movie (we didn't find one we wanted). When we got home we took a photo, and I gave him a cigar and a silver fortune cookie with this fortune (ok, not really a fortune), "I love you with all my heart, You are my heart. So, let's not wait any longer to show the world how much we love each other". (we also plan on keeping all our fortunes from previous and future meals in it) There was no getting on one knee or anything, but more of a I promise to marry you when you ask. It was a really nice relaxed evening (which I believe all moments should be, stress free and relaxing), we cuddled on the couch and fell asleep before our movie even started, haha.

We are going away this weekend (Sunday-Monday), up the Oregon Coast, where we plan on visiting some jewelry stores. :) Let me know if you know of any that we should pop our heads into.

I am pretty happy with how it all turned out, and T just loved all the letters; Now he knows 100% that I will marry him, which was the original idea - for me to let him know that yes I'm ready when you are, even though I didn't propose per say... As lately he has been very excited about proposing to me, which I can't wait to happen so I can share with you all.

I'm going to rate my success at a 8, it would have been a 10 had I actually gotten him a ring and actually gotten on one knee and proposed to him, but let's face it, it would probably have been a 'Monica' moment and I wouldn't have been able to get the words out, hence all the letters leading up to the fortune...

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yay! So glad you had a wonderful evening and anniversary! Good luck finding your ring now! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AAAAAhhhhhh!!! That is so wonderful!!! Fantastic evening and how special and romantic the whole series was, leading up to this moment! I'm so thrilled that it went well for you :appl:

I wish you a wonderful w/e getaway and that there is the perfect ring on your horizon!!! Happiness to both of you!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
ahhh Spinel I love it!!!!! what a perfect way to express your feelings for him, can't wait to see what sparkly you find!!!! What kind of cut are you looking for? Setting? Let us know the details!!!! hehe. but of course just enjoy the long weekend of just the 2 of you! :appl: ::)

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
i want something exactly like this... it's a ring on etsy made by RareEarth

il_570xn_310536720.jpg

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad everything went well for you, and that he loved all the cards. What a great idea. And I LOVE your ring that you're wishing for, it is absolutely stunning. :D

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Im glad everything went so well!!
Also, that ring is beautiful! Is that a light pink spinel or am I going crazy?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lickout: That's a GORGEOUS ring, ILS!!! I hope you can find that - and with a soft pink stone or coloured stone or diamond? what are you thinking???

I love it! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
By her name and previous posts, I'm guessing a light pink spinel! :naughty:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
That's one gorgeous ring ILS!!! FF knows that's what you want exactly, yes yes?? :D

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh i'm so glad you had a great evening! that ring is super popular right now on pinterest, lol! everyone's looking at peachy pink hued stones in halos! i can't wait to see what you get!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1346185917|3258742 said:
i want something exactly like this... it's a ring on etsy made by RareEarth

:love:

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Actually I believe the stone is a morganite, but I want a pink spinel! I LOVE SPINEL!!! My last ring was a diamond after he insisted that engagement rings are diamonds and he wouldn't give me anything other than diamonds... I was a little sad, but that relationship didn't end up working out (probably because he couldn't change and get me the darn ring I wanted).

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
First, WELL DONE! What an amazing journey it has been! I have loved this thread.

:appl: :appl:

Standing ovation to you! It sounds sweet and sentimental and warm and lovely. Aww.

Second, I love that you said 'Monica moment'. I'm totally on your wavelength there!

Third, BEAUTIFUL ring choice! I can't wait to see the progress as you purchase it!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I hope you guys are able to find the perfect pink spinel for that ring!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your story and I think it's such a sweet thing to do :)

I love that you have a card business! I had my wedding invitations made by a lady and they were hand made as well and I really loved the added personal touch (thankfully I only needed about 10 of them since they weren't cheap lol).

Anyways I saw this on the preloved forum and thought of you :) I wasn't sure what your budget was but I think it's a beautiful ring!

http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-colored-stone-center/j-l-white-spinel-engagement-ring

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
THANK YOU! THAT RING IS SUPER BEAUTIFUL... We don't really have a budget, I'll most likely pay for the ring, he hasn't been at his job very long and I make more than he does and I don't have as many bills to pay. My budget only plays a factor if we end up purchasing a house, because then our "saving" will deplete most likely... We are actually looking at a house this week, we are currently renting (a good price though).

My mom bought her first ring, and her and my dad have been together for 32 years (he bought her a 30 year ring, totally like 2.5 cts, it's a knockout), and she doesn't regret it, so I won't mind if I have to buy mine either, plus then it's a sure thing that I get what I want... The one that I like on Etsy is a semi mount and comes with the wedding band for like $1600 + (which I don't think is bad at all) that gives me some room to purchase the Spinel (I already have a small collection of them, I just got a purple one, it's a little dark though), I'm thinking about 1.75-2 cts. light pink :) So if you guys are broswing and find my perfect stone let me know... I'm wanting a round stone.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
or cushion cut

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my ring and we are at 28 years! Just sayin! ;))

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I personally don't see why it really makes all that much of a difference, once we are married, it'll be a joint money situation... though he keeps saying that my money is my money and he will provide everything that I need (rent, utilities, food -though I ususally buy the food), and he even gives me spending money sometimes :) he's sooo sweet, someday that will come in handy as I'll want to be a stay at home mom for the first few years of my kids lives (both his and my mom were stay at home moms - as both our dads had really good jobs - his a dairy owner and mine was military)

We did look at rings this weekend (i didn't try any on as we had been fishing and what not, I think my hands still smell a little like fish even though I've showered multiple times and wash my hands often...), and I just couldn't find something that compares to the one I'm in love with from RareEarth on Etsy.

This weekend there is a gem fest/show in our town, so we'll probably head over and look at some potential center stones :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I don't think there are any issues with the ladies buying and/or contributing to the ring. I think it's all about the mentality of BOTH of you feeling like a team. I hope you find your spinel at the upcoming gem show!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, girl, who cares who pays for it! I know people get all judgey on that crap but c'mon! Same financial responsibility when you're married anyway! I subsidized a portion of mine because it went over my alotted budget. Some people get all judgey for THAT! If anyone gives you a look, tell em to shut up :) Ditto Aud. If you're BOTH making that decision, it's no one's business but yours!

I can't to see what you guys come up with! !!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1347130774|3264363 said:
Oh, girl, who cares who pays for it! I know people get all judgey on that crap but c'mon! Same financial responsibility when you're married anyway! I subsidized a portion of mine because it went over my alotted budget. Some people get all judgey for THAT! If anyone gives you a look, tell em to shut up :) Ditto Aud. If you're BOTH making that decision, it's no one's business but yours!

I can't to see what you guys come up with! !!
EXACTLY! As long as it's JOINT. I'm in no way for a girl going out and buying her own ring without her guy being clued in! Lol, but really (assuming you believe in joint finances after marriage) does it really matter who pays for it? People can take their judgment and shove it. Haha. Do what works for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results