shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's try this again! I would love help finding a stone!

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope experts!

I'd love some help! I'm really struggling to find a stone that I love that is reasonably priced with a great cut- that being said, I want something a little different than others do so it should be easier or maybe harder.

I found a stone last week that I absolutely loved- it was a 2.81 stone, round brilliant, L , faint brown color- but a very bright color as well, not dark, SI1, with an HCA score of 1.7. It was on James Allen for $13k. Someone scooped it up pretty quickly, unfortunately. So now I'm trying to find another that is similar in specs for around the same price, the problem I keep running into is that while there are pretty many around that price, none of them have decent HCA scores. Everything is between 3-6. Yuck.

I've poked around on James Allan and Rare Carat, Rare Carat seems shady because they'll say they are great deals but have terrible stones. James Allen folks are absolutely zero help.

I'm scared I'm missing out on some great stones. I'd love help in this search! Ideally, I'd like something 2.75-3, for between $12k-13k. I'm hoping because I like the lower colored stones, AND I like the faint brown, that it will help with pricing. L is definitely my sweet spot. This would be my third L stone but J-L is totally fine as well. GIA or AGS graded is important too. No IGI. Not really interested in lab grown. It just doesn't pull at my heart.

Anyone here like going on a scavenger hunt and want to check around and see what you can find? Secret sites I don't know about? I know I love looking for stones when they aren't for me since I'm less emotionally vested in it but it's like I'm getting to spend someone else's money! I'd absolutely love the help if anyone is willing.

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope experts!

I'd love some help! I'm really struggling to find a stone that I love that is reasonably priced with a great cut- that being said, I want something a little different than others do so it should be easier or maybe harder.

I found a stone last week that I absolutely loved- it was a 2.81 stone, round brilliant, L , faint brown color- but a very bright color as well, not dark, SI1, with an HCA score of 1.7. It was on James Allen for $13k. Someone scooped it up pretty quickly, unfortunately. So now I'm trying to find another that is similar in specs for around the same price, the problem I keep running into is that while there are pretty many around that price, none of them have decent HCA scores. Everything is between 3-6. Yuck.

I've poked around on James Allan and Rare Carat, Rare Carat seems shady because they'll say they are great deals but have terrible stones. James Allen folks are absolutely zero help.

I'm scared I'm missing out on some great stones. I'd love help in this search! Ideally, I'd like something 2.75-3, for between $12k-13k. I'm hoping because I like the lower colored stones, AND I like the faint brown, that it will help with pricing. L is definitely my sweet spot. This would be my third L stone but J-L is totally fine as well. GIA or AGS graded is important too. No IGI. Not really interested in lab grown. It just doesn't pull at my heart.

Anyone here like going on a scavenger hunt and want to check around and see what you can find? Secret sites I don't know about? I know I love looking for stones when they aren't for me since I'm less emotionally vested in it but it's like I'm getting to spend someone else's money! I'd absolutely love the help if anyone is willing.

This was the stone I fell in love with!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Pricescope experts!

Have you thought of reaching out to Alex Park? He has offered a number of diamonds that may fit your needs?

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
I don't see anything near what I'm looking for on Alex Park's site. :/

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see anything near what I'm looking for on Alex Park's site. :/
Reach out on IG
He can usually find stuff for folks. Also reach out to diamonds by Lauren so they can look

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
Any thoughts on this stone?

It's a 1.3 HCA

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
2.53 has a little better cut precision than the 2.51,but neither are super-duper perfect.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA is a rejection not selection tool. Often stones in the 2-3 range do perform quite well - the one recommended to you above by one of the most eagle-eyed helpers here is worth taking a look at.

Wholovesskunks

Shiny_Rock
This may have potential.

Kim N,

Can you give any additional insight on this stone you recommended?

Will the yellow be very prevalent? I tend to go for faint brown because I felt like it faced up whiter.

Should I reach out to Ritani and request an ASET or idealscope?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I would love this! It's $2k out of my budget though. What I'd give for a BG stone! Honestly, I thought about one of his LG stones!

I knew it would have been a budget stretch but wanted to throw it out there. Will let you know if I see anything else!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Are you open to old cuts?

This one’s an M, faint brown. $12,500.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This one looks good to me but the HCA says it looks small. That being said, it's 8.62x8.66x8.39, it doesn't seem like it should face up small based on measurements. What am I missing?

IMG_8027.png

Grab this one ASAP - worth a look with your own eyes and you can always return it if you don't love what you see.
It will lean yellow instead of brown and there's a small spot of pavilion twist at the 10 o'clock position.
Better than missing out!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the cut precision on this one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results