shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk coffee

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love coffee, probably too much :naughty: There is just nothing better than wrapping your chilly hands around a piping hot mug of freshly brewed coffee. Since we live in New England and are notorious for waiting as long as possible before turning on the heat, you get your warmth where you can.

What flavor are you drinking now? How much coffee do you drink in a day and what do you put in it?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A woman after my own heart!

I have a Nespresso Virtuoline that makes an absolutely divine 8 oz. cup of coffee! It puts a crema layer on top that any Italian would be proud of. It also comes out the machine hot but at a temperature you can drink (I hate a cup of coffee so hot that it sits in front of you, teasing, before it gets to a temperature possible to drink). In a perfect universe I use real sugar and frothed whole milk, but in reality the norm is two french vanilla creamers.

Having a cup right now!

We have the Nespresso Pixie in my office and I will put sugar and milk in the microwave for 30 seconds and then run two Pixie espresso pods through, twice each, to start my mornings at work.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
A fellow New Englander here enjoying a cup of French Vanilla Hazelnut. Had to take a pic of my favorite coffee place...

marylous.jpg

Q

Queenie60

I put my Nespresso away for a while. I have a Ninja coffee maker and just love it! I use Pete's house blend and have about 2 cups in the morning, with a little milk . Just love it, especially during the Autumn and winter months!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I drink mostly locally roasted coffee. I became a fan of "fresh" roasted coffee beans when my dh bought me a breville dual boiler espresso machine. Fresh beans make a huge difference is the flavor profile of espresso, and also the success I have with my machine. I have a good burr grinder and always grind (whether espresso or coffee) right before brewing. I love my latte in the morning so much, sometimes I can't wait to go to bed so I can get up and have coffee :)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a French press at home for when I'm feeling fancy. We usually use kicking horse coffee, because some of H's customers bring it for him lol. I like it black, and not hot. I can't drink it if it's too hot! So I usually have to let it cool a bit anyways.

I usually drink 1 regular cup, and then if I want more I switch to decaf. I love the taste of coffee but it makes so jittery!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
We also like kicking horse coffee, it's what buy for DH to use to make his morning pot!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MmmMMmm... coffee! I gave it up in January, and then started drinking it again for about a month in September, and then went back to no coffee. Just recently I had a couple of cups again....

We have tried all different types of coffee makers (AeroPress, french press, Keurig, coffee sock, etc.) and we always go back to the AeroPress. We've tried many different kinds/brands of beans, and we always go back to the fresh roasted beans from a local roaster. We loved Kona, but a) it's pricey and b) it packed too much of a punch - one cup in the morning and we had headaches by the afternoon. So now we, or I should say DH, uses Peru.

DH, and when I still drank it, puts light cream and maple syrup in it. Oh man, I feel the desire for a nice, warm, creamy cup now.... :lickout:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
siamese3 - It's pretty tasty! It's also not too expensive (here at least, not sure where you are!) so if we need to restock it's handy.

rainydaze|1479487056|4100226 said:
DH, and when I still drank it, puts light cream and maple syrup in it. Oh man, I feel the desire for a nice, warm, creamy cup now.... :lickout:

I don't usually like sugar in my coffee, but maple syrup sounds delightful! I am trying that this weekend.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is sunny and warm - it's spring here but a hot coffee never really goes astray particularly first thing in the morning!
The current coffee is a West Arsi from Ethiopia, brewed in a Hario V60 with a generous splash of heavy cream :love: mmm

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been chock full o' nuts for a few years now. I think the original has a good flavor, and I simply just :love: the name!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Currently, DH and I are loving this French Roast we found at a local coffee and tea shop. It's grown in the volcanic soil of Papua New Guinea, which reduces the acidity of the coffee. This means you get that deep, rich, French Roast taste without the usual bitterness. We both drink it black. I always joke that I like to feel like my coffee punched me in the face in the morning. I usually have 2 cups.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's no sunshine without coffee. That needs to be a coffee mug (is it?)

As I get older I certainly can't drink it like I used to. Back in the day I was drinking probably 5 cups? Now its more like 1-2, and 2 is only when i've been working all night!

Down here you can get cuban coffee. OMG thats stuff is strong enough to put hair on your chest (and a few other places :lol: ) I love whole bean coffee because I like to grind my own beans every morning. I have a friend who sends me coffee from San Cristobal. That is some of the fruitiest coffee I've ever had. Its amazingly good. Another person sends me coffee from Colombia. I don't know what kind it is. its awesome though.

Usually though I buy coffee from The Roasterie, though in recent years one of my favorites has not been as good. Maybe a new roaster, dunno.

I will say that I can't stand starbucks. BLECH Bitter and burnt. Dunkin Donuts is like water. In a pinch, 8'oclock coffee works.

This may be in the NE, but used to get some coffee at whole foods from a small batch roaster in Rhode Island.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I couldn't have my coffee I am not sure life would be that worth living. JK. Well sort of JK. I LOVE my coffee and it truly IS the best thing about waking up knowing I am going to be enjoying my coffee.

I take it black with Stevita. I prefer medium roast but also enjoy dark and light roasts occasionally. We buy organic/free trade coffee from Whole Foods or Fairway generally and sometimes buy whole bean and grind it ourselves or buy it already ground. We go through a lot of coffee every week because I make it strong so a 10 or 12 ounce bag only lasts 4 days max for the 2 of us. I have about 2 to 2 1/2 10 oz cups a day and my dh might have a little more than I do.

I don't drink it after around 8AM or so and reserve it as my morning treat.
In the summer I love it over ice and it the cooler weather I love it hot.

_38611.jpg

blackcoffeeinmycup.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results