shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Yssie, I just got it and love it more every minute. I didn't at first. Yes that is how I am going wear it, stacked with my tennis and Hermes cuff. So I gotta admit. Just reading your post made go to the VCA store, 7 blocks from my office! Dangerous. So since getting my little sweet, (and it's more green in the pic bc I took it under lamp light. Outside its more Easter egg blue.). I'm already craving a necklace. So I had to go try some on.

I thought I liked the lucky butterfly in mop but the size is actually a little big to my eye. I kinda love the size of the vintage clover in mop. Never thought I would be so traditional. Let me know what u think.

The little butterfly was my first choice until I wore it on my wrist. Gotta go bigger. ;-)

And they actually have a bracelet that fits me. The perlee which I actually am liking in rose gold comes in a very small 15, must smaller than the JUC 15. I'm very tempted by it!!

_31076.jpg

_31077.jpg

_31078.jpg

_31079.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

Sorry had to post before it got eaten.

Will you post pics of your earrings?? Would love to see them!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like the Alhambra necklace bec it's a classic and distinctly VCA piece.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am loving the sweet butterfly on you! The perlee looks great too - how is the fit for you?

I've actually gone in to VCA twice with full intention of buying the Perlee in rg. And both times I've come out of the store with something different!

Here are my 5-motif onyx bracelet and small yg frivole earrings. My next purchase this year will be to get the long magic onyx single motif that they just recently released.

_31080.jpg

_31081.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kama_s|1434164604|3888640 said:
I am loving the sweet butterfly on you! The perlee looks great too - how is the fit for you?

I've actually gone in to VCA twice with full intention of buying the Perlee in rg. And both times I've come out of the store with something different!

Here are my 5-motif onyx bracelet and small yg frivole earrings. My next purchase this year will be to get the long magic onyx single motif that they just recently released.

Kama, those are such gorgeous pieces. How often do you wear your pieces and do you wear them all casually or for special occasions only or both?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh, my phone ate my post - I want to play!! But I haven't any pics - I'll get some (and re-write my responses) tomorrow ::)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE this band! From DeBeers engraved with A Diamond is Forever, with the second word represented by a diamond. That just sums up DeBeers' history, with the famous tagline written by a New York ad exec. The other versions on the site are platinum and cost much more, but I wonder if they do a white gold version for the same $950 as the rose gold. But I like the RG too. I think this ring is so cool! I've always loved that tagline and would love to have it on a ring from DB.

http://www.debeers.com/jewellery/category/rings/a-diamond-is-forever-band-j1ce20z00k

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kama, you know how much I love your pieces and I also thought of you when I was in VCA! I don't have anything yet, but I tried on black onyx and yg vintage Alhambra bracelet like yours, 20 motif necklace, 30-something inch Magic? single motif necklace (don't know the proper name of that one without looking it up), and the vintage earrings, regular and large. I think I like the larger ones on me.
I tried on the Perlee bracelets with the diamonds, and it was about the prettiest bangle I have ever seen! Just can't make myself pay for that one, though!

Will post pics again on this thread.

2015-05-29_1.jpg

2015-05-29_2.jpg

2015-05-29_3.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE this band! It's whimsical. From DeBeers engraved with A Diamond is Forever, with the second word represented by a diamond. That just sums up DeBeers' history, with the famous tagline written by a New York ad exec. The other versions on the site are platinum and cost much more, but I wonder if they do a white gold version for the same $950 as the rose gold. But I like the RG too. I think this ring is so cool! I've always loved that tagline and would love to have it on a ring from DB.

http://www.debeers.com/jewellery/category/rings/a-diamond-is-forever-band-j1ce20z00k

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJs mom....love your turquoise sweet bracelet and I think the MOP clover is gorgeous and very wearable with a lot of things. The black onyx, MOP, and turquoise are my personal favorites!

Oh, and I like the Perlee bangle 100,000 times more than the Just un Clou. The Perlee is my favorite branded bangle. Too bad I ever saw the diamond ones, though. ;(

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya|1434167936|3888656 said:
I LOVE this band! From DeBeers engraved with A Diamond is Forever, with the second word represented by a diamond. That just sums up DeBeers' history, with the famous tagline written by a New York ad exec. The other versions on the site are platinum and cost much more, but I wonder if they do a white gold version for the same $950 as the rose gold. But I like the RG too. I think this ring is so cool! I've always loved that tagline and would love to have it on a ring from DB.

So cute and fun!! Love it!! You should get it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1434168199|3888661 said:
LLJs mom....love your turquoise sweet bracelet and I think the MOP clover is gorgeous and very wearable with a lot of things. The black onyx, MOP, and turquoise are my personal favorites!

Oh, and I like the Perlee bangle 100,000 times more than the Just un Clou. The Perlee is my favorite branded bangle. Too bad I ever saw the diamond ones, though. ;(

DS, I never thought I would like the perlee, until I tried it on and it fit!! Still it seemed a little too girlie, too feminine for my style. Then strangely enough my mind kept wandering back to it. It is pricey for a plain bangle but if I wear it everyday then it could be worth it. And with the ridges, maybe it won't get too scratched up. What do you think?

And I saw the diamond one today too. No way would I even tempt myself that way.

Are you thinking about an onyx motif? What would you get first? How often would you wear it and with what? Btw, the Las Vegas store was where I started falling in love with VCA.

I don't understand why I am so hesitant to spend money on these iconic pieces when I would have no issue saving up for a diamond piece.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I was in a VCA a couple of weeks ago and I tried a few things on. I have always adored the Alhambra collection and it's been on my wish list for quite some time. They had a gorgeous, long necklace with the single clover motif (black onyx) and it was my favorite, but I like the smaller sizes too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I tried on the Perlee bangles when in Vegas last Aug--but preferred the JUC at Cartier. The Alhambra collection is wonderful--and love the yellow gold onyx and the MOP.

Oakgem has three Perlee bracelets, with documents, on their site. And a ring in WG!

Happy shopping--there really are no "bad" choices here.... :lol:

cheers--Sharon

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1434166501|3888644 said:
kama_s|1434164604|3888640 said:

Kama, those are such gorgeous pieces. How often do you wear your pieces and do you wear them all casually or for special occasions only or both?

Thanks, LLJ! I keep my VCA in my home safe and it isn't very easy to get into. I tend to take them out when I'm going out, the bracelet I wear casually and the earrings I tend to save for a party or a nice dinner out. But when they do come out, I end up wearing them non-stop for the next day or two until I find time to return them to the safe. Both my pieces get a lot of air time (I don't believe in leaving jewelry unloved - I want to enjoy them if I have them).

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1434167950|3888657 said:
kama, you know how much I love your pieces and I also thought of you when I was in VCA! I don't have anything yet, but I tried on black onyx and yg vintage Alhambra bracelet like yours, 20 motif necklace, 30-something inch Magic? single motif necklace (don't know the proper name of that one without looking it up), and the vintage earrings, regular and large. I think I like the larger ones on me.
I tried on the Perlee bracelets with the diamonds, and it was about the prettiest bangle I have ever seen! Just can't make myself pay for that one, though!

Will post pics again on this thread.

Ohh the clover perlee is absolutely TDF!!! But the 30K price tag is outrageous! It almost breaks my heart!

The magic single motif in onyx that you have pictured above will be my next purchase this year. I love that it's a distinct, yet casual piece.

Isn't it fun to play at VCA? CdninNYC (who doesn't post here any longer) was the one who sent me down the VCA rabbit hole!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the worst thread EVER for me!!! :twisted:

I THOUGHT I didn't care about brands and their logos.

Seeing all of you with the pieces? BEAUTIFUL! You guys look great with these pieces!!! It makes me want to try some on myself.

I don't know what it would be like to go into one of those stores, though. A vaguely junior high feeling comes over me, haha, like will they sniff and be snobby? What if I don't buy right that minute? What if no one waits on me????????????????????????????????????????

LLJs, you do a lot of trying on and viewing before you buy, are the decent about it?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1434169202|3888665 said:
diamondseeker2006|1434168199|3888661 said:

DS, I never thought I would like the perlee, until I tried it on and it fit!! Still it seemed a little too girlie, too feminine for my style. Then strangely enough my mind kept wandering back to it. It is pricey for a plain bangle but if I wear it everyday then it could be worth it. And with the ridges, maybe it won't get too scratched up. What do you think?

And I saw the diamond one today too. No way would I even tempt myself that way.

Are you thinking about an onyx motif? What would you get first? How often would you wear it and with what? Btw, the Las Vegas store was where I started falling in love with VCA.

I don't understand why I am so hesitant to spend money on these iconic pieces when I would have no issue saving up for a diamond piece.

Thre beat part about VCA is that, as long as your maintain your pieces well, the resale value is fairly reliable. At least that's what I tell myself before I make a purchase :-p But it's nice to know you have an out.

The perlee beads on the bracelet definitely protects the inside. Unlike the Cartier love. I prefer the perlee over the love.

Edit: I have long debated the JuC and Perlew, and I think that is where my hesitation in buying the perlee comes in. I started out not liking the JUC at all, but completely changed my mind when I tried it in store (and also after wearing cdninnyc's JuC the last time in hung out with her in NYC). I much prefer the shape of the JuC, it feels more comfortable and is just that little touch of edgy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1434199725|3888722 said:
I was in a VCA a couple of weeks ago and I tried a few things on. I have always adored the Alhambra collection and it's been on my wish list for quite some time. They had a gorgeous, long necklace with the single clover motif (black onyx) and it was my favorite, but I like the smaller sizes too.

The new long one is in my picture above! I loved it, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kama...very true, the resale market is very good on iconic pieces from VCA and Cartier. I also like the Perlee better than the Love. For one thing, I take care of my jewelry and wouldn't want any bracelet on 24/7. However, m2b solved that problem by getting the LOVE cuff, so that is another solution. I just guess I think the Vintage Alahambra and Perlee pieces look so good together. I do not wear multiple bracelets on one wrist in order to avoid scratches, but I think Perlee goes so well with any of the Alhambra pieces with the beaded edge.

I am a little worried about the stones in Alhambra getting scratched or even cracked, but I did ask the sales person and she said they can be sent in for repair if that ever happens. My other issue is to decide on metal. I obviously can't have wg, rg, and yg sets, so I need to choose one to focus on. I really love the turquoise in wg, although I understand it is hard to find since they produce few due to lack of quality turquoise. I do like the black in yg. I prefer MOP in white gold. But I think I would go for black or turquoise (if I could find it) first.

Like LLJs mom, I have to wrap my head around the pricing because I am such a bargain hunter and these just aren't discounted enough on the secondary market to take the chance of buying used. I try to only buy things that I think will stand the test of time and I think Alhambra will. If I am right, I guess I could wear them for 10 years and if my daughters were not interested, I could sell them to my PS friends. That makes it seem more plausible.

One other issue is insurance. I only insure studs and e-ring as they are the most worn pieces and would need to be replaced. I am also thinking about how much more I want to buy that will be uninsured because it increases the degree of loss the more you have. Ugh!!!

I do not have local friends who are into jewelry AT ALL, even though some are very well off. No one would even know I had on VCA or Cartier (etc) in my daily life. I would certainly be buying them for my own enjoyment. I don't think a single person has commented on my Tank Francaise since I got it, and it is one of Cartier's most recognizable pieces!

That was a lot of random thoughts! :lol: But that is what goes through my head when thinking of venturing into high end collections!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would also like some Cartier Trinity hoops and maybe the sweet Trinity bracelet that I might attempt wearing with my dbty bracelet. Trinity is very wearable for me on a daily basis and is another time-tested design.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

Any opinions on the Cartier Orchid series? I'm a little in love with the rose gold, pink sapphire necklace, but I'm hesitating.

I have nothing by way of necklace or pendant, so torn between a small diamond bezel pendant, or the Cartier. In theory I would get more wear out of the basic pendant, but I'm drawn to more interesting pieces. Can something like this become a wardrobe staple?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chemgirl|1434215475|3888790 said:
Any opinions on the Cartier Orchid series? I'm a little in love with the rose gold, pink sapphire necklace, but I'm hesitating.

I have nothing by way of necklace or pendant, so torn between a small diamond bezel pendant, or the Cartier. In theory I would get more wear out of the basic pendant, but I'm drawn to more interesting pieces. Can something like this become a wardrobe staple?

Chemgirl, I have been on the hunt for my one signature, forever necklace, and seriously considered the orchid. It's so beautiful!! One thing has kept me from deciding. My necklace will have to be wearable everyday, be distinctive yet casual. Kwim? the orchid might be a bit dressy for my purposes. But I have certainly tried it on and have not completely ruled it out.

It's very feminine yet not at all fussy. If my dh bought it for me I wouldn't mind!

_31104.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1434207704|3888752 said:
This is the worst thread EVER for me!!! :twisted:

I THOUGHT I didn't care about brands and their logos.

Seeing all of you with the pieces? BEAUTIFUL! You guys look great with these pieces!!! It makes me want to try some on myself.

I don't know what it would be like to go into one of those stores, though. A vaguely junior high feeling comes over me, haha, like will they sniff and be snobby? What if I don't buy right that minute? What if no one waits on me????????????????????????????????????????

LLJs, you do a lot of trying on and viewing before you buy, are the decent about it?

AZ, the VCA near me is at Neiman Marcus and they are starting to recognize me as a stalker, but they have been very nice about it and have shared info about the brand with me. I don't mind that they know I'm completely ignorant and new to the brand. They have been very nice about letting me try in stuff. Each time I go I spend at least 30-60 minutes there. I know I will eventually buy something so I am comfortable taking their time. Besides. What else do they have to do. I've been to the VCA probably 6-7 times now and haven't purchased anything.

I found out that if I bought something in Paris I cannot exchange it at NM. He said if I saw something that I loved that was only produced for the Paris store, I should get it because it won't be available anywhere else. Just because something is on the website does not mean it is in stock. They can service pieces at any store.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, LLJsmom, I think that necklace is a perfect every day piece. It doesn't seem to dressy at all because it is so delicate and pretty. IMHO, that is a perfect signature piece, totally wearable every day and yet special enough to make a statement that is it yours.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle|1434217770|3888799 said:
Wow, LLJsmom, I think that necklace is a perfect every day piece. It doesn't seem to dressy at all because it is so delicate and pretty. IMHO, that is a perfect signature piece, totally wearable every day and yet special enough to make a statement that is it yours.

Luv, you think? It is really small so it's definitely not in your face. So gorgeous isn't it? Back to thinking about it again...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry I keep posting here. It's just my place for a brain dump when I'm waiting for the kids to finish lessons. randomly I had a chance to try on diamond huggies today. I always thought I could not wear them because my ears are very close to my skull so the angle would make it look weird, you know with the hoops jutting out sideways instead of mostly forward. Well, it turned out not to be a problem. I actually love the way they look. And of course WF offers them in platinum. (Earring allergy solved). I would want at least 1.5 total carats. The ones in the picture are 1.0 total carats. The WF price is similar to the Cartier orchid necklace, a little over $3100. I find myself much more willing to get the huggies then the Cartier necklace. See? Why am I doing it again? I wish I could reconcile myself to the prices of the beautiful branded pieces? I think I'm being cheap. No think of diamonds as a commodity that has intrinsic value (as assigned by the market. I won't argue the intrinsic value thing.). But the VCA piece is just turquoise or wood, onyx or malachite etc. you can buy this stuff off the street for super cheap prices. The value is the human work expended to create the piece. I don't know. Now I'm torn... Do I put this off another couple of years and get the huggies his year? I only have one pair of earrings I can wear.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1434234806|3888915 said:
Sorry I keep posting here. It's just my place for a brain dump when I'm waiting for the kids to finish lessons. randomly I had a chance to try on diamond huggies today. I always thought I could not wear them because my ears are very close to my skull so the angle would make it look weird, you know with the hoops jutting out sideways instead of mostly forward. Well, it turned out not to be a problem. I actually love the way they look. And of course WF offers them in platinum. (Earring allergy solved). I would want at least 1.5 total carats. The ones in the picture are 1.0 total carats. The WF price is similar to the Cartier orchid necklace, a little over $3100. I find myself much more willing to get the huggies then the Cartier necklace. See? Why am I doing it again? I wish I could reconcile myself to the prices of the beautiful branded pieces? I think I'm being cheap. No think of diamonds as a commodity that has intrinsic value (as assigned by the market. I won't argue the intrinsic value thing.). But the VCA piece is just turquoise or wood, onyx or malachite etc. you can buy this stuff off the street for super cheap prices. The value is the human work expended to create the piece. I don't know. Now I'm torn... Do I put this off another couple of years and get the huggies his year? I only have one pair of earrings I can wear.

I will tell you that my 1.5ctw WF huggies are worn on a regular basis when I want a little bit more ear bling. Others have said the platinum version was just a little too heavy to wear so just a heads up...

But I do love the Cartier Orchid line, too, and hope to get the medium sized earrings one of these days! It will make a nice addition to my other Cartier pieces. Good luck in your decision! :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJ I really like the turquoise on you :sun:

I first went to VCA a couple of years ago and got to try on a few of their stones and I remember being very surprised by which ones I liked on me and which ones I didn't. The turquoise is gorgeous - I loved the onyx, carnelian, and TE too :love:

You're so petite, the sweet necklace works on you, but I do favour the larger pendants you tried on! The Lucky TE butterfly, especially - an unexpected design in a classic neutral. It isn't the prototypical clover but it's definitely recognisable to anyone familiar with VCA ::)

I have to say that I *much* prefer the Perlee to the JUC! I like the JUC aesthetically, but I feel like sooner or later a bangle styled into a nail is destined to fall from popularity. The Perlee an elegant, timeless, utterly feminine classic :love: It is girly but not at all "young" or "cutesy". And compared to the clover Perlee it's an absolute bargain :naughty:

Huggies are classics. The Cartier Orchid necklace, whilst beautiful, is not a classic. I don't think that's being cheap - I think that's focusing on building a versatile long-term collection... I have to say I think re. resale value it's actually the opposite, though; I think, odd and insensible as it is, wood and turquoise and onyx blessed by VCA maintain market value much much better than diamonds, even specialty precision-cut diamonds! The secondary diamond market is dreadful for sellers. VCA pieces seem to re-sell at negligible difference from current retail - and given the rapid mammoth price hikes in a few years even that "loss" would be more than you originally paid! I'm still trying to figure out if that's actually a good thing or not...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kama!! The onyx five motif and the small YG Frivole earrings are high on my wants list :love: :love: :love: I wandered into VCA in Vegas and spent a happy couple of hours with the same SA DS and Bright Ice had seen the day before, and tried on the small WG and large YG Frivoles. I LOVE the size of the small, but the WG was too harsh on my skin - the warm YG suits my skin so much better. She said that there was one pair currently available in the US (in NYC I believe?) - I've been informed that I'm NOT permitted to buy any more earrings this year though :bigsmile:

Resale value is, admittedly, one of the biggest draws to branded pieces these days - and VCA in particular. Your pieces are gorgeous, and so wearable, day and night :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results