shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about sex

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
It really is quite simple IMO.
The drive to have se*ual intercourse is strong because without it we wouldn't survive as a species.
The human race could not carry on without reproduction hence the strong drive to have s*x and procreate.

That is exactly what I was going to say=)2

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Frankly I’ve done some ridiculously stupid things in my younger years motivated by sex at the bottom of it all. So I do actually get it. It isn’t logical. It isn’t rational. It’s visceral. People with a low sex drive or differently wired will NEVER be able to relate.

People often say “why the h*ll would a successful politician / lawyer / whatever risk everything in his life for a fling with the intern / whatever”. What they don’t realise is that internal drive that drives them sexually is probably intrinsically linked to the implacable ambition, passion, determination, single mindedness, ruthlessness that made them excel in other areas of their life.

For some it is egotism. For some a burning need to be desired or validated. Narcissistic tendencies. Lack of true self worth. Brutal carnality. Hedonistic idealism. Terror that life is passing one by. Fear of death. Boredom. Nostalgia. Deviance. It could be a million motivations. But those who don’t have them will never truly understand those that do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankly I’ve done some ridiculously stupid things in my younger years motivated by sex at the bottom of it all. So I do actually get it. It isn’t logical. It isn’t rational. It’s visceral. People with a low sex drive or differently wired will NEVER be able to relate.

People often say “why the h*ll would a successful politician / lawyer / whatever risk everything in his life for a fling with the intern / whatever”. What they don’t realise is that internal drive that drives them sexually is probably intrinsically linked to the implacable ambition, passion, determination, single mindedness, ruthlessness that made them excel in other areas of their life.

For some it is egotism. For some a burning need to be desired or validated. Narcissistic tendencies. Lack of true self worth. Brutal carnality. Hedonistic idealism. Terror that life is passing one by. Fear of death. Boredom. Nostalgia. Deviance. It could be a million motivations. But those who don’t have them will never truly understand those that do.

It can be like an addiction....when we let impulse drive us without the use of common sense/good judgment. I can only speak for myself but I do not have a low sex drive yet I would never allow irrational behavior to overtake my common sense. Speaking about me only here.

You wrote you did "some ridiculously stupid things in my younger years motivated by sex at the bottom of it all" but you were younger and perhaps that can be attributed to poor judgment as our judgment improves as we get older/wiser.

I also agree many who don't use self control and act recklessly when it comes to sex could be dealing with narcissism (a psychiatric disease), lack of self worth/low self esteem, etc. I do not think you can accurately say those who do not behave like this have a low sex drive. But I will agree with you that those who behave recklessly are perhaps wired differently as you write. :)

One additional thought. The human brain has the ability to reason which makes us unique to all others in the animal kingdom. We can think/reason beyond our desires.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results