shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s Show Off Our 2-3 Carat "Center Stones" Here!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I just realized MsGotRocks ring was posted before by Sevens One...Oppss! I guess I got picture happy!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLL,
How exciting!!!!! I can''t wait to see it. I know it will be gorgeous!!!!

Demelza,
Did Signed Pieces get everything worked out for you???

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2005 4:32:56 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
Let's just say I'll be adding some pics of my own for my custom ring (and new stone that hubby helped me pick out
30.gif
) hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks heheheh
31.gif
31.gif

Oh boy!! That's exciting!!! Can you give us any preliminary details?? Shape, color, size, clarity, custom ring design?? I'll take anything....

Kaleigh -- Thanks for asking. Signed Pieces installed a new head without notching it which is what caused the head to be unusable the first time around. SP does not agree with my jeweler's assessment of the first head (that it was too weak to use), but they agreed to put in a new one anyway. I still have my concerns about the set, but I realized that, given how much I love jewelry, the likelihood that this will be my last set is almost nil. So, until I decide otherwise, I'll wear it and enjoy it and love it for all its great attributes and stop worrying about its defects.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s good to know. I think your stone is absolutely spectacular.
30.gif
30.gif
It has to be one of my favorites on PS!!!! Oh and Lynn''s too. You guys have major bling.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2005 4:53:23 PM
Author: kaleigh
That's good to know. I think your stone is absolutely spectacular.
30.gif
30.gif
It has to be one of my favorites on PS!!!! Oh and Lynn's too. You guys have major bling.

And so do you
9.gif
I must admit I'm a bit jealous of the E color. It's a stunner!!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of my 2.52 E/VS2 RB with the band DH gave me from Signed Pieces for my last birthday. Finger size 5.25. Not a great pic, but I'm really lousy at this macro/jewelry photography thing...

I'm thinking of redoing the whole setting for next year's 20 anniversary. DH seems to have lost his ring, (2nd time) and if it doesn't show up by mid next year, I'll probably have it remade for him with 3 little H&A stones. (The original had 3 little stones of unknown quality). I may redo mine in an "upgraded" version of my original set. It looks similar to the one posted earlier with the pear sides. After 3 settings since the original, it might be fun to go back to the first concept. Maybe I can get MM to do it
3.gif
. The question is what kind of band. The original has two pears set the same as the e-ring with a notch in the center so that it fit snuggly against the ring. Not really what I want again, but that's the problem with pear sides IMO... what to do.

latest band w ring 1.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
OMG I love that band!!! The e-ring is really pretty, too. The wedding band is so unique. It looks so elegant and it blows me away! Whatever you decide to do, keep that baby, LOL!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Haa haa
9.gif
. I plan to keep the band. If I change, I''d wear it on my right hand (which was my original plan.) Now I rotate between it and a smaller channel set princess band, with my e-ring depending on how much bling factor I want.

Thanks.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It''s the perfect band to wear alone, by itself. It''s got enough bling and it''s the perfect width. Soooo pretty.

Where I live women often just wear a really nice band -- no e-ring or anything, just a really gorgeous band. But yours looks prettier than anything I''ve seen in person. Sorry to gush -- not to make you uncomfortable, I just really think it''s beautiful! Do you go nuts trying to keep the baguettes clean?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Lop, I love your wedding set!! Do you have a thread for it??

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Thanks BD and Lumpkin!

I don''t really have one thread on my ring. There are scattered pics around on threads like this or other topics. Short story long, we upgrade my stone a couple of years ago with a beautiful E/VS1 H&A ideal cut from Martin at USACert. (That''s when we found PS). Just before that, DH had reset my original stone into this solitare setting as sort of an experiment, with the eye to upgrading. Since then, I''ve been dinking around with various bands, and changed the head of the e-ring once. Now I wish I''d gone with a thinner band on the e-ring, but it looked right at the time. My plan is to either live with it as is (I like this mix and match stle, and am constantly changing my mind on what seems right) or reset it into it''s FINAL setting next year for our 20th anniversary. Dh is getting tired of all the changes -- unlike me, for him, change is NOT the spice of life.
2.gif
11.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2005 4:42:10 PM
Author: Demelza

Date: 9/4/2005 4:32:56 PM
Let''s just say I''ll be adding some pics of my own for my custom ring (and new stone that hubby helped me pick out
30.gif
) hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks heheheh
31.gif
31.gif

Oh boy!! That''s exciting!!! Can you give us any preliminary details?? Shape, color, size, clarity, custom ring design?? I''ll take anything....

Kaleigh -- Thanks for asking. Signed Pieces installed a new head without notching it which is what caused the head to be unusable the first time around. SP does not agree with my jeweler''s assessment of the first head (that it was too weak to use), but they agreed to put in a new one anyway. I still have my concerns about the set, but I realized that, given how much I love jewelry, the likelihood that this will be my last set is almost nil. So, until I decide otherwise, I''ll wear it and enjoy it and love it for all its great attributes and stop worrying about its defects.
Well D since you twisted my arm
31.gif
I bought the 2.63 RB ideal I/SI2 expert selection from WF after speaking with Brian I had 4 stones he walked me through two expert selections, one ACA and one I had brought in ranging from G-J colored and VS1-SI2 in clarity, and he reommended this stone. I am a tad nervous about the clarity but he assures me I will be please. I am just waiting for my wax to be completed hopefully within the next week! YEA! I''m super excited
32.gif
But that''s all the details I can release for now...
27.gif
27.gif
11.gif
10.gif
12.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, LLL!!! That sounds fabulous and BIG!!! How long do you think the whole process will take? Can''t wait to see photos!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Well...as of yesterday I was told about a week for the wax and assuming all systems are go with the wax on the first try then probably another 1-2 weeks for completion.... so ideally two weeks but could be up to three.... Seems like FOREVER!
15.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2005 4:56:57 PM
Well...as of yesterday I was told about a week for the wax and assuming all systems are go with the wax on the first try then probably another 1-2 weeks for completion.... so ideally two weeks but could be up to three.... Seems like FOREVER!
15.gif

I feel for you. I am not at all good at waiting; terrible, in fact. I know it seems like forever, but time always does go by and then you''ll have a HUGE diamond on your finger. Have you actually seen the diamond in person? If not, have they sent you photos? I think I recall seeing that stone in the ES, but I''m not sure. Is this an upgrade or are you starting from scratch? So excited for you!! And you''re being very sneaky not giving us any hints about the ring design. Can you at least tell us what kind of metal you''re using?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2005 5:22:47 PM

I feel for you. I am not at all good at waiting; terrible, in fact. I know it seems like forever, but time always does go by and then you''ll have a HUGE diamond on your finger. Have you actually seen the diamond in person? If not, have they sent you photos? I think I recall seeing that stone in the ES, but I''m not sure. Is this an upgrade or are you starting from scratch? So excited for you!! And you''re being very sneaky not giving us any hints about the ring design. Can you at least tell us what kind of metal you''re using?
I have not seen the diamond in person. But they have sent me quite a few photos and I trust that Brian was straightforward and honest with me. So I''m excited about the total package, seeing the stone AND the setting...YUM. This is actually an upgrade for me, my current e-ring is a 1.5 in a cathedral style setting. And the LAST hint is my new setting will be 18kt yellow gold, my FAV!
25.gif
5.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2005 5:36:05 PM
Date: 9/8/2005 5:22:47 PM

I feel for you. I am not at all good at waiting; terrible, in fact. I know it seems like forever, but time always does go by and then you'll have a HUGE diamond on your finger. Have you actually seen the diamond in person? If not, have they sent you photos? I think I recall seeing that stone in the ES, but I'm not sure. Is this an upgrade or are you starting from scratch? So excited for you!! And you're being very sneaky not giving us any hints about the ring design. Can you at least tell us what kind of metal you're using?

I have not seen the diamond in person. But they have sent me quite a few photos and I trust that Brian was straightforward and honest with me. So I'm excited about the total package, seeing the stone AND the setting...YUM. This is actually an upgrade for me, my current e-ring is a 1.5 in a cathedral style setting. And the LAST hint is my new setting will be 18kt yellow gold, my FAV!
25.gif
5.gif

Ok, ok, I'll stop probing. I'll just have to wait. That's a big upgrade from 1.5 to 2.63!! More than a full carat bigger!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2005 5:45:42 PM

Ok, ok, I''ll stop probing. I''ll just have to wait. That''s a big upgrade from 1.5 to 2.63!! More than a full carat bigger!!!

I''m am sooooooooooo excited to see the 2.63 on my hand! This past weekend I tried on a 4 carat RB and I thought that was a little too big, but about a month ago my jeweler had a 10.4 on consignment and I tried that baby on, WOWWWWWWWWWWw! I canNOT even describe how huge it was! Even my dh was in completely awe. But I think that is just way too big for everday wear. Well when my wax comes you''ll be the third to see (first me, then DH, then you hehehhe). I can''t wait!
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I noticed that the 2.63 was gone! DARN I wanted to try that baby on when I went to Houston! I know someone else was considering it months ago and ended up buying a 2.13 I think...she was a bit worried about the inclusions even though Brian assured her it was eye-clean. I would have taken the 2.63 over the one she chose hands down but I am more a size girl and worried less about clarity, eyes aren''t that great anyhow!!

Can''t wait to see progress and it on your hand. How fun! What size is your finger?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2005 8:44:09 PM
Author: Mara
Oh I noticed that the 2.63 was gone! DARN I wanted to try that baby on when I went to Houston! I know someone else was considering it months ago and ended up buying a 2.13 I think...she was a bit worried about the inclusions even though Brian assured her it was eye-clean. I would have taken the 2.63 over the one she chose hands down but I am more a size girl and worried less about clarity, eyes aren''t that great anyhow!!

Can''t wait to see progress and it on your hand. How fun! What size is your finger?
Hey Mara when are you going to Houston? I am soooo jealous
2.gif
! You must report back, if we weren''t at the end of the fiscal year and I wasn''t working butt booty overtime, I would have definitely taken that trip! After speaking with Brian for over an hour I knew 100% which one I wanted, not to mention the additional pics I requested just confirmed it! I will post some once I start a thread. But for now I''m just waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggg
15.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLL,
Wow a 2.63 it''s going to be amazing!!!!! I have followed your search from the beginning and am thrilled for you!!!! Can''t wait to see the pics and yes, it deserves it''s own thread. Yay for you. Mara I''m sure you will find something to try on, maybe that 7 carat can get discounted for ya, LOL!!!!
31.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kaleigh! Just wondered how your "photography lessons " are progressing....would love to see more pics of your gorgeous rings
2.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks alot Kaleigh, after such a long search I have very high expectations but I am confident it will be all I imagined and then some!
30.gif
Can''t wait to ge the wax!

BTW my ring size is a 7.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
LadyLuvsLuxury:

Congrats on the new huge stone! I can''t wait to see the photos!
21.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Yellowfan! I am SUPPEERRR excited to see it as well...as you all probably already know lol
31.gif
32.gif
16.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
MJma''s Gorgeous Cushion!

"Center stone is a 2.22 cushion cut, vg cut, g polish, I, VS2 set in platinum...the shank is milgrained pave w/ tcw of 1.05 diamonds along the shank and on the two bands underneath the center stone"

Ring209280222.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Amory''s
Round
2.45 ct
I
VS2
depth 61.6%
table 57%
ex. polish
ex. symmetry