shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s go shopping...another newby post

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ellen's found nice options. Here's two more, also above 1 carat (eta...priced at $4850 and for an ACA, $5038 both based on wire pricing). JA has several between .9 - 1,with improvements on both color and clarity, if that's really your target.

The search by cut found these, and other ideas below my signature.

(eta again...intended as the first suggestion above is this one, but probably the first one is OK, too).

Regards,

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 1:48:57 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Ellen's found nice options. Here's two more, also above 1 carat (eta...priced at $4850 and for an ACA, $5038 both based on wire pricing). JA has several between .9 - 1,with improvements on both color and clarity, if that's really your target.

Regards,
Are you finding those in just the regular stones he has? because in the Signature Series they go from about .81 to 1 ct. (jump)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 1:55:33 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/19/2007 1:48:57 PM

Regards,
Are you finding those in just the regular stones he has? because in the Signature Series they go from about .81 to 1 ct. (jump)
Considering JA is procedurally a pain. Once seeing viable options there...as in this case...and to answer your question...I am finding these, yes, among the so called regular stones, which appear in the search by cut db...I then double check in both the in-house, and then also their site, to capture ones not found in the search by cut...either missing (for some unknown procedural reason, not in the search by cut db, or not optimized, so finding them, if available, in his signature series.) If in the search by cut, they are fine, I think, don't you? Despite the one I just added above, intending to include it first time around, having been called internally as a "premium" cut, it comes with an AGS0, so this works for me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 2:11:17 PM

Considering JA is procedurally a pain. Once seeing viable options there...as in this case...and to answer your question...I am finding these, yes, among the so called regular stones, which appear in the search by cut db...I then double check in both the in-house, and then also their site, to capture ones not found in the search by cut...either missing (for some unknown procedural reason, in the search by cut db, or not optimized, so finding them, if available, in his signature series.) If in the search by cut, they are fine, I think, don''t you? Despite the one I just added above, intending to include it first time around, having been called internally as a ''premium'' cut, it comes with an AGS0, so this works for me.
Yes, obviously that AGS0 is fine. I haven''t been using the search feature, as I found it left many great candidates out, on lots of vendors sites. But, maybe I should to find the few I would miss in the SS....Thanks Rg.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
SS?

Also, some of our favorite vendors do include options outside of 0 - 2 that may be fine, but I''d rather not recommend so readily.

Since any recommendation needs to come qualified....may as well be more than less conservative, or so I guess.

Besides...and as Belle frequently notes, the Search by cut does provide pretty effective one stop shopping. Yet...others too, including JulieN, purport to not use it.

It might be interesting to hear more about why people do or do not rely on this, or whatnot...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 2:29:02 PM
SS?

It might be interesting to hear more about why people do or do not rely on this, or whatnot...
Signature Series

Yes, interesting...I just feel like if I go to the actual site, I won''t miss anything. And sometimes I can find something that would fit the bill, but wasn''t in the original search specs by the OP.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
BTW...welcome to Pricescope.

Though I had thought you meant to write 1 carat, I searched based on what you actually meant, initially. Ellen thought to search outside the box, coming up with the 1.14 I SI 1 option, that I might tend to favor, if you're sure you'll take an I. All 5 noted above seem to me reasonable options. Things to more carefully consider will include your actual value of color, size, clarity, cert & vendor. And, I'd still recommend you walk through my search protocols under my signature, so you can determine for yourself the options this board has available to you.

Unearthed

Shiny_Rock
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-231171.htm

Either go with one of the ones Ellen linked or step down in size a bit and up in cut and save yourself some money to pump into the setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 10:06:11 PM
Author: Yakswak
Hello I''m back. Even though I liked the suggestions given earlier, I decided to check out some offerings from a local dealer. What do you think about this one:

Weight: 0.93 carat
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent (6.36x6.41x3.79mm, 59.4% depth, 54% table)
Price: $4370
GIA certified

I like that they are local to me, but this also means I pay CA tax. Could you give me your opinions? Thanks!!!
Need more information. Crown and pavillion numbers... etc.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 1:57:28 AM
Author: Yakswak
Gypsy:

Weight: 0.93 carat

Color: H

Clarity: VS2

Cut: Excellent

(6.36~6.41x3.79mm, 59.4% depth, 54% table, 34deg crown, 40.8deg pavilion )

Price: $4370

GIA certified

It scores a 0.8 on the HCA (anything below 2 is considered excellent) so if you''re comfortable and if to your eye, it sparkles like crazy, go for it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I was your soon to be fiance, I know I''d rather have that 1.14 carat diamond that Ellen found for only $500 more, provided it''s eye clean. Plus, you don''t have to pay taxes! I just think it would be more fun to say that it''s bigger than a carat as opposed to under a carat. And it will look bigger! Just something to consider...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in the process of getting a ring custom made at Whiteflash right now, and they''ve been great to work with. My sales representative, Sheerah, has been super patient with me and has made the whole experience fun and painless. I would highly recommend working with her if you do end up going with Whiteflash!

Plus Whiteflash has a very good customer service reputation on this board, and they seem to go above and beyond for everyone. It also seems like when they do make a mistake they will very quickly fix it.

Whiteflash also found me my diamond. I got a radiant so it wasn''t one of their in house stones, but everyone on Pricescope raves about their ACA and Expert Selection stones.

I''m not sure about sizing the ring because I''m involved in designing my ring so I just got my finger sized at a Tiffany store. All the stores I''ve been to seem to use size 6 as their default size, so you could always go with that if she has relatively small hands. I have long, thin fingers and I wear a size 5.25, so to me a size 6 seems a little on the smallish side to be a default size.

However, I don''t think it is hard to get most rings sized. You run into problems with sizing if the ring has diamonds that go all the way around the band or if it has ornate engraving or milgraining. I actually couldn''t find any information on sizing on Whiteflash''s website, so I think you''ll have to talk to a sales representative about that.

Obviously, you should get whichever diamond appeals to you and what you feel comfortable with, but as a woman I know I definitely wanted my stone to hit those certain carat marks. Silly of me, I know, but I couldn''t get over it! That''s why I said I would definitely go for the Whiteflash stone Ellen found.

Good luck in your search and I hope you post pictures of whatever you end up with!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, since your budget allows it, I''d still go for the 1 carat. Diamond shrinkage sets in quickly when you are wearing it everyday.

I know when I got my engagement ring a 0.50 seemed huge to me simply because I''d never worn any stone that big before. After awhile it didn''t really seem that big. We were poor college students at the time and since have upgraded my ring to a larger and better diamond anyways.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results