shape
carat
color
clarity

Let me know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beef

Rough_Rock
After researching and looking for months, I have a diamond I''d like some opinions on. They want $4200. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

GIA Cert
Round Brilliant
Measurements 6.19-6.24 x 3.76 mm
.90 carat
SI1
G
60.5% Depth
58% Table
Medium to thick, faceted Girdle
Escellent Polish
Very Good Symmetry
Characteristics: Cloud, Feather
Flouresence: Faint

THANKS!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neither..do you have crown and pav angles on it? That will tell you more. Price looks good for the stone if it's well cut..
1.gif

beef

Rough_Rock
Shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking about asking for a Sarin report as backup anyway. Should that do the trick? What will a sarin report leave unanswered?

beef

Rough_Rock
The Pavillion is 40.5 and the Crown 33.3. Please let me know what you think of this one.

THANKS

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is an interesting stone! Crown angle is somewhat shallow but the pav angle looks pretty good, the other numbers combined actually give it a great HCA score (see image below). It may be a little more fiery in person and may appear just a tad bit smaller than a more ideal cut .90c, but a minimal difference. Did you see it in person? I bet it's beautiful!
1.gif

beef1.jpg

beef

Rough_Rock
I did see it in person, along with a handful of others. Truth be told, I can hardly tell the difference between to comperable diamonds when they are right next to each other, let alone when they are standing alone. Do you have any suggested methods for getting them to come down in price a bit? Also, how far below retail is realistically attainable?

Thanks again

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Check Price Stats here for the average and low prices PS Vendors are asking for comparable diamonds. That will give you a real number to bargain with. Suggest that you can get a comparable diamond for $XXXX elsewhere and see what they say.

I would stongly advise you not say "off the internet". That tends to rankle jewelers. Local B&M, Mom and Pop type jewelers I have chatted with think the Net is full of crap and/or people waiting to steal your money. I have met a few saavy jewelers who know the truth and price accordingly to remain competitive. Not many tho.
1.gif

Edited to add:
Forgot to say,.... Be nice and polite attempting the negotiation. Jewelers seem to respond better to nice customers, especially at this time of the year when they are extremely busy and more likely to be tired.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results