shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I babysat my friend’s dog for 2 weeks while she was on vacation. I picked her dog up and dropped the dog off since she has a little kid and it’s easier for me to do all that. She agreed to watch my dogs this weekend and another weekend in exchange. Yesterday and today she’s mentioning all these things she’s got going on now this coming Sunday and it really sounds like she actually doesn’t want to watch them on Sunday now... I told her I’d keep them home. I’m so annoyed right now. We’ve got a bunch of things going on and not having to take my dogs out constantly/ pay attention to them this weekend would have helped us really get through that. If she said no when I initially asked I would have started some things sooner. Now I’m worried she’s going to tell me she’s not available other weekend and I may just board my dogs so I don’t have to worry about.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
@MeowMeow Sorry to hear all the hassle you are going through with insurance and about your cat. Hope you can get the testing and appointments you need ASAP!

Thank you. I am hoping so too. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MeowMeow I am so so sorry :(
Sending you good wishes and gentle hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I babysat my friend’s dog for 2 weeks while she was on vacation. I picked her dog up and dropped the dog off since she has a little kid and it’s easier for me to do all that. She agreed to watch my dogs this weekend and another weekend in exchange. Yesterday and today she’s mentioning all these things she’s got going on now this coming Sunday and it really sounds like she actually doesn’t want to watch them on Sunday now... I told her I’d keep them home. I’m so annoyed right now. We’ve got a bunch of things going on and not having to take my dogs out constantly/ pay attention to them this weekend would have helped us really get through that. If she said no when I initially asked I would have started some things sooner. Now I’m worried she’s going to tell me she’s not available other weekend and I may just board my dogs so I don’t have to worry about.

OK so I know we are not supposed to offer advice but I cannot help it. I would give her another chance. Perhaps this weekend is extra busy for her and she did promise that she would watch your dog one weekend. So I would call her and say hey I know this weekend isn't good for you but can I count on you for next weekend? That is what I would do rather than board your dogs. She promised and she is a friend. It could just come down to this weekend not being convenient for whatever reason. I mean you did watch her dogs for 2 weeks! That deserves a weekend at least IMO.

And sorry if I overstepped. Feel free to ignore my suggestions. Good luck.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
OK so I know we are not supposed to offer advice but I cannot help it. I would give her another chance. Perhaps this weekend is extra busy for her and she did promise that she would watch your dog one weekend. So I would call her and say hey I know this weekend isn't good for you but can I count on you for next weekend? That is what I would do rather than board your dogs. She promised and she is a friend. It could just come down to this weekend not being convenient for whatever reason. I mean you did watch her dogs for 2 weeks! That deserves a weekend at least IMO.

We needed this weekend because we’re removing the siding from our house so the contractor can start work on Monday. They delivered the new stuff way earlier than they originally said they would (the manufacturer) and we were scrambling because it coincided with another friend’s visit. My other friend lives in Vegas wanted to see us before we got our foster care license. Since we’re close to being done she came up on short notice (which is no biggie... love her, she’s the ideal house guest, and I was so happy to see her).

If babysitting dog friend couldn’t have watched my boys this weekend, it would have been no biggie if she told me no when I asked. She knew about at least one of the things she had going on when I asked. I would have made other arrangements for my boys. By the time she told me about all the things she had going on, my usual sitter and backup sitter were unavailable. I can’t leave my boys with just anyone! I have a vetting process that I’ve told her about. So I had to take off of work early on Friday to get a head start.

I’m just frustrated cause she knows how much stuff we have going on and how I am with my dogs. Her watching them this weekend would have been a huge help to us. She knows I don’t like to leave them stuck in the house all day and frequent potty breaks/ play breaks add up!

I offer to help her frequently when I know she needs it/ could use it. I picked up and dropped off her dog when I babysat because it was easier for her with her small kid. Her dog would only eat if we were alone in a carpeted room and I occasionally shook the bowl. Her dog also vomited on my carpet, staining it. I had to shampoo it all... But if she needs a truck I always offer to go down to wherever with ours so she doesn’t have to pay to rent one. I also help her husband load stuff up into the truck. And we have a plan that l’ll take them to the dump after we have some free time to dump their fence since we have a trailer too.

This turned into more rant but I spent most of yesterday removing siding on my own, I got stuck on the roof cause stuff needs to get done but I’m also terrified of heights, I’m tired, my body hurts, and I’m stressed out right now.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if I gave any advice in this thread, I clearly didn't read the first post and the rules. Will not do so going forward!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Missy, I was too busy being grumpy earlier but I wanted add that I appreciate that you cared enough to post a suggestion. Don’t mean to offload my grumpiness on you and I hope that’s not how it came off.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When is the rest of NZ going to get vaccinated
Im talking old people, people who are sick, people under 80 !! People who don't live in South Auckland !

Im really really happy for all of you who have had it but some countries are now vacinating children and Gary (who has a whole host of ailments) and is 68 has not had it yet
NZ is going to be left behind as the rest of the works opens up

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I was too busy being grumpy earlier but I wanted add that I appreciate that you cared enough to post a suggestion. Don’t mean to offload my grumpiness on you and I hope that’s not how it came off.

Awww no worries. I get it. Gentle ((((hugs)))) and I hope everything works out. ❤️

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so grumpy today. It's beautiful and sunny and I'm just pissed. When will pms get better?? Is there pms during menopause?? Ugh.

School will be over in a few weeks and my 12th grader is failing again. She has a tutor and counselor. Well, had the counselor since she dropped us and said she can't help. I don't know if I should let her fail high school. I'm afraid that instead of it being a learning lesson she just won't ever graduate. She got rejected from most of the colleges and she's bummed. But that is what happens when you fail classes. I really don't know what to do right now. Put her in some technical school? Most days I have to drag her out of bed, wash her face for her and her hair. It's so draining and I'm getting depressed. Sorry to be a downer.

After weeks of searching for a used car I've decided to buy my mom a new car. I didn't realize the market is insane to buy right now but she needs a car. But now she said she can't pay insurance....ooof i didn't think of that and it's just another annoyance. I had imagine this was to be a joyful and happy occasion. But it's been pretty depressing and aggravating. Between what she wanted (changes every few days) and what the dealers are trying to push on her. So I had enough and picked out a red Mazda CX 5 for her and that's that. Don't want to hear it anymore. It's a lot of money and more than I've ever spent on anything. So I'm bummed about that too.

Today I'm impossible. Tomorrow I'll be a better person. I've been working 12+ hours a day since January and that is also making me mad. I have 30 days of leave to use or lose by December 2021 but no time to use them. Hmpf.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well SIL is here today, visiting from VA, I’m just trying to get through it. Probably one of the highlights was when she came outside and said “oh I just threw rice in the Instapot”. It was a gift from DH, I haven’t even used it, the manual and everything else was inside so you could tell it was brand new. She didn’t even ask, just helped herself.
:x2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just venting for a moment.

Why is nothing simple? Why does one treatment cause problems so severe that might prevent me from taking that treatment and then being left with worse treatments? That most likely will cause life altering side effects. Why is everything challenging?

And why do I still miss Francesca and Fred so much? I mean it's still so painful that they are gone. Gut wrenching heart stabbing pain. :(

Please no worries about replying. There really are no answers or solutions at the moment. It just is and it sucks.

Big hugs @missy..❤️

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sick of seeing post after post on the lost and found page where the owner says their indoor/outdoor kitty has been missing for days. If anyone sees him, let them know! Some even say missing for 2-8 days. They're not really sure.... Oh, but he LOVES being outside and ALWAYS comes home for dinner. I mean, he isn't usually gone for more than a day or two....

We have coyotes and bears in the area! This is where I moved from. Not even mountain community people. These are well educated people who could afford (or would be given!) a nice catio or whatever they need to keep them home safe.

To make it worse, they have the NERVE to insist people don't let in cats that come up to their door or that they find because they are probably an outdoor kitty. I live in fear of one of ours getting out because no one bothers to look twice at a cat outdoors since these people are so nasty about it. We would be on our own to find them! (A bit better than that as I have scent items stored for each and a friend who tracks...)

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sick of seeing post after post on the lost and found page where the owner says their indoor/outdoor kitty has been missing for days. If anyone sees him, let them know! Some even say missing for 2-8 days. They're not really sure.... Oh, but he LOVES being outside and ALWAYS comes home for dinner. I mean, he isn't usually gone for more than a day or two....

We have coyotes and bears in the area! This is where I moved from. Not even mountain community people. These are well educated people who could afford (or would be given!) a nice catio or whatever they need to keep them home safe.

To make it worse, they have the NERVE to insist people don't let in cats that come up to their door or that they find because they are probably an outdoor kitty. I live in fear of one of ours getting out because no one bothers to look twice at a cat outdoors since these people are so nasty about it. We would be on our own to find them! (A bit better than that as I have scent items stored for each and a friend who tracks...)

Ugh that makes me so mad. I know a lady who refuses to keep her cats indoors despite the fact that they kill songbirds and there are coyotes on her property. She was very upset when she lost one of them, presumably to coyotes, and it took a lot of self restraint not to tell her, “What did you think would happen?!”

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same. :(
Almost every week someone is asking for help to find their outdoor/indoor kitty on our local next door site. It is heartbreaking. What do you think will happen when you let your cats go outdoors? With wild predators? Including human beings. And those poor birds :(

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We lost all our pet chickens to a fox attack tonight.

We thought out coop was completely foxproof. It went from a bought "cute" coop to fort knox with metal plates (!) around and mesh fence in the ground.

Apparently they have babies now and are desperate , so the fox dug deep and long and tore away the mesh fence just enough

Took all four.
Kids were heartbroken.

Circle of life and all... I know. But sad nonetheless.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We thought out coop was completely foxproof. It went from a bought "cute" coop to fort knox with metal plates (!) around and mesh fence in the ground.

Apparently they have babies now and are desperate , so the fox dug deep and long and tore away the mesh fence just enough

Took all four.
Kids were heartbroken.

I am so sorry @kipari :(
Gentle (((hugs))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@kipari :(( I wish it weren't so...healing vibes across the kms.....

kind regards--Sharon

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Took all four.
Kids were heartbroken.

I'm so sorry, that sounds terrible and heartbreaking for the kids.

I'm having a rough few weeks. I've come off of a med I've been on for year and a half since the accident. It was to control the nerve pain but it had added benefits as an anti depressant. So I've been dealing with increased pain plus just feeling really down overall. To top it off, husband barely noticed for weeks that I've been miserable.

Husband also decided to quit his job. We are 42, have 2 young kids, mortgage and car payments. I recently got promoted with a raise so we're certainly in a better place than before if we become 1 income family. His reasoning for "retiring" is that he wants this "better life" where he can focus on spending more time with kids, helping out more around the home, etc. We had a huge blow out last night because I wasn't being "supportive" and he accused me of being materialistic because I'm just worried about the money aspect and losing the financial comfort. That must mean I don't prioritize my family and kids enough. None of these arguments are new, he's been using them for years to make me feel guilty, and it's his way of forcing decisions down my throat that I do not agree with. I don't agree with him needing to quit his job to be a better father, many people do their best with much worse situations. I don't agree that I'm a bad person because I don't want to lose financial security and comfort, we came from nothing and worked hard to get here, so what's wrong with wanting to enjoy it? What's wrong with being able to better provide for my kids and give them what I didn't have?

I don't have any fights left in me so he'll do what he wants to do in the end. He doesn't see the irony of his path to happiness and peace being filled with anger and resentment. I would laugh if I didn't feel like crying.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so angry and frustrated and sad right now. The weather is turning nice and people forget that our rivers can be dangerous. They are very cold as they come from snow melt and can be moving very quickly. That plus undertows in areas that look calm make for a number of deaths every year. It always happens. This time, it happened in my backyard. Well, to be more precise, the next backyard or so over. Not positive what the outcome of the search was, but I do have a strong idea. This shouldn't have happened. Something so simple as a life jacket would likely have made all the difference.

As a sort of related thing, I wish our emergency crews would remember that other people are on the roads. They were flying down the gravel road from the highway to the scene like there was no chance of anyone being on them. I understand the emergency. I really do. What I also saw is that they came around a super blind corner on this one lane road fast enough that they would have smashed into anyone trying to drive the other way. (Like when I went to leave to get some groceries...) We are all very lucky there wasn't another emergency caused by their driving.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Took all four.
Kids were heartbroken.

I’m so sorry @kipari That’s so horrible and sad. I would have no idea they could get through that. Big hugs

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why do I have to be the one to wipe Bailey’s butt when he has a poo issue? Then Bailey gets offended that I have to do it. Ummm...You can’t come into the house with poo hanging out of your butt....Sorry non pet people...haha

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whyyy do I have to be the one to wipe Bailey’s butt when he has a poo issue? Then Bailey gets offended that I have to do it. Ummm...You can’t come into the house with poo hanging out of your butt....Sorry non pet people...haha

Life with pets has its moments :lol:

Wiping butts when possible and snipping with scissors if it is hanging by a hair. Poor DH was scandalized the day I used his beard trimming scissors to help a cat 8)

Which leads to today's grumble... DH is upstairs vacuuming the rug in the dog room because the carpet cleaner pulled all the deep down fur up. Carpet cleaner was out after (another) poop on the floor. Someone has a yucky tummy. Fine. It was an accident. The grumble is the other two who get distracted outside and don't poo when they are supposed to do that I worry they are blocked up or that they might have to go in the night or while we are out for a bit. They make the best pathetic faces! Hard to not feel guilty with this bunch :lol::rolleyes: (miss yucky tummy sees the vet on Saturday where I will push for an x-ray to make sure all is well inside)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wiping butts when possible and snipping with scissors if it is hanging by a hair. Poor DH was scandalized the day I used his beard trimming scissors to help a cat 8)

Which leads to today's grumble... DH is upstairs vacuuming the rug in the dog room because the carpet cleaner pulled all the deep down fur up. Carpet cleaner was out after (another) poop on the floor. Someone has a yucky tummy. Fine. It was an accident. The grumble is the other two who get distracted outside and don't poo when they are supposed to do that I worry they are blocked up or that they might have to go in the night or while we are out for a bit. They make the best pathetic faces! Hard to not feel guilty with this bunch :lol::rolleyes: (miss yucky tummy sees the vet on Saturday where I will push for an x-ray to make sure all is well inside)

Oh no @TooPatient! Haha They are our furry kids! I hope Miss Yucky tummy is doing okay!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I do have the feet of Fred Flintstone. That said, I swear they are making sandals narrower than they used to. Just sent back one pair today and another was delivered. This one is extra wide rather than just wide. Nope. Sort of close, but not close enough. Painful and started to cause swelling...
This is the latest batch. Already sent three other pairs back. Got several more on the way. I truly HATE shopping for shoes!
Oh, and why do most sandals only come in whole sizes not half!?!? The one I returned today was way too long and too tight :rolleyes:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My kids love to eat grass. Not because they want to throw up but because they want to eat it. of course that means when they poop I may have to help because they'll just crab walk until its removed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results