shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o How on earth can they justify charging that much @seaurchin? Here in the UK we pay about 160 GBP each per year, which covers 2 check ups, x-rays and cleans. When I worked for a dentist a 30 minute hygienist appt was 48 GPB, and an extraction would’ve been no more than 100 GPB. Of course, if you’re an NHS patient rather than private (like us), it’s subsidised, so as a patient, you only pay 1/10 of the costs, unless you’re on benefits, then you pay nothing.

I would immediately be suspicious if after all these years, a dentist told me I needed a lot of treatment.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
:-o How on earth can they justify charging that much @seaurchin? Here in the UK we pay about 160 GBP each per year, which covers 2 check ups, x-rays and cleans. When I worked for a dentist a 30 minute hygienist appt was 48 GPB, and an extraction would’ve been no more than 100 GPB. Of course, if you’re an NHS patient rather than private (like us), it’s subsidised, so as a patient, you only pay 1/10 of the costs, unless you’re on benefits, then you pay nothing.

I would immediately be suspicious if after all these years, a dentist told me I needed a lot of treatment.

Dental work is very expensive here and mostly uninsured because the insurance policies (the ones I've seen at least) aren't necessarily going to cover much of it. The last time I needed extensive dental work, I drove down to Mexico for it. And I might do it again. There are a lot of Mexican dentists located along the US border for the large number of American dental "tourists."

I don't know how it is there but here, a lot of poorer people just get their teeth removed when they start having a lot of problems with them and get partial or full false teeth because it's so much cheaper. :(

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a good job we‘ve got good noshers, because it would actually be cheaper for us to fly to England and pay privately for extensive work if that’s what dentists there are charging. :eek-2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aarrgh. My county has been put back in "extreme risk" category due to increased covid cases which means more restrictions for restaurants and other business owners.

Only 21% of the population of my county has been partially or totally immunized. The people who whine the loudest about the renewed designation and restrictions are the same ones refusing to be vaccinated, refusing to wear masks, and refusing to physically distance. They are also the ones who are getting ill :rolleyes:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 pm today: we get home

5.55 pm : four kids have finished homework and go play on the terrace

6 pm I have to leave and wave my kids and the au pair girl goodbye. I see our grumpy neighbor outside on his terrace right next ours. He's listening to loud music. I'm right under them (terrace is on first floor level) & can hear the music but not my kids' "by mom".

6.15 : au pair calls me, he yelled at her and the kids cause he wants to do a work zoom call on his terrace and tells my kids to shut up. She politely tells him that they're only playing in a normal situation. He yells a cascade of xenophobic things at her (" we're in France here, here kids shut up, go back to Germany" et.al.)

I turn around and go back home.

Arrival at 6.25 : Nobody outside on either side. Kids afraid he'll hurt them, au pair a bit shaken. He won't answer his phone or open the door.

That same guy is letting his 150 lb dog hang out and poop in my yard and lets him bark all night long. But 20 minutes of children playing outside is unacceptable?

Hate the fact he always waits for me or the other adult neighbors to be gone to yell at kids/ workers/cleaning staff. Disgusting man.
ETA: tried to confront him several times (he once opened a window and yelled at friends of ours who were waiting on our terrace for us to come back).
Found their kids too loud too.

He literally ran into his house and hid from me , when I walked up to him, saying'" hi, how are you ,can we have a word please?"

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@kipari ugh. Sorry! Annoying neighbors are the worst bc you can’t escape them!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
been sick all week, pain in upper right ab quadrant but not bad....just the trots and nausea. Got doc appt next Wed....also today have splitting headache. *grumble*

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I feel deeply for you. What a kook. He should be recorded and then I'd call the police because of his threatening behavior.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
been sick all week, pain in upper right ab quadrant but not bad....just the trots and nausea. Got doc appt next Wed....also today have splitting headache. *grumble*

Are you sure you don't have appendicitis because that could be an emergency situation.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Are you sure you don't have appendicitis because that could be an emergency situation.

Well I hope not...pain is in upper right quadrant. It also is less painful now than before, and was never bad...maybe a three to four on the pain scale. I also have IBS , so that is part of the problem...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sad about
5 pm today: we get home

5.55 pm : four kids have finished homework and go play on the terrace

6 pm I have to leave and wave my kids and the au pair girl goodbye. I see our grumpy neighbor outside on his terrace right next ours. He's listening to loud music. I'm right under them (terrace is on first floor level) & can hear the music but not my kids' "by mom".

6.15 : au pair calls me, he yelled at her and the kids cause he wants to do a work zoom call on his terrace and tells my kids to shut up. She politely tells him that they're only playing in a normal situation. He yells a cascade of xenophobic things at her (" we're in France here, here kids shut up, go back to Germany" et.al.)

I turn around and go back home.

Arrival at 6.25 : Nobody outside on either side. Kids afraid he'll hurt them, au pair a bit shaken. He won't answer his phone or open the door.

That same guy is letting his 150 lb dog hang out and poop in my yard and lets him bark all night long. But 20 minutes of children playing outside is unacceptable?

Hate the fact he always waits for me or the other adult neighbors to be gone to yell at kids/ workers/cleaning staff. Disgusting man.
ETA: tried to confront him several times (he once opened a window and yelled at friends of ours who were waiting on our terrace for us to come back).
Found their kids too loud too.

He literally ran into his house and hid from me , when I walked up to him, saying'" hi, how are you ,can we have a word please?"

Ugh I am so sorry @kipari bad neighbors are the worst.
I feel for you and am very sorry you are all dealing with such a nasty man.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope you are feeling all better very soon and that your doctor is able to provide you with relief.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why can it be so challenging to find excellent or even competent health care professionals?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why can it be so challenging to find excellent or even competent health care professionals?

Oval sorry you're having to deal with THAT ...Bad doctors are worse than nasty neighbours!!!
Hugs to you and Greg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another two senior Asian women get stabbed in SF. One is 83. Both waiting for the bus. This is making me sick and this must stop.

Horrifying. :blackeye:
It is sickening and it does have to stop.
IMO the perpetrators of hate crimes should be locked away forever.

And I am sure the numbers are underreported because many states aren't even required to report hate crimes to the federal government. *Only* 1700 hate crimes were reported in 2017 in the USA but the Bureau of Justice statistics estimate that there might be up to 250K hate crimes a year. Two hundred and fifty thousand.

Targeting people for the way they look, the religion they practice, the people they love and the languages they speak. There truly are no words for this kind of hate.

:cry:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Horrifying. :blackeye:
It is sickening and it does have to stop.
IMO the perpetrators of hate crimes should be locked away forever.

And I am sure the numbers are underreported because many states aren't even required to report hate crimes to the federal government. *Only* 1700 hate crimes were reported in 2017 in the USA but the Bureau of Justice statistics estimate that there might be up to 250K hate crimes a year. Two hundred and fifty thousand.

Targeting people for the way they look, the religion they practice, the people they love and the languages they speak. There truly are no words for this kind of hate.

:cry:

Yes missy...:blackeye:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another two senior Asian women get stabbed in SF. One is 83. Both waiting for the bus. This is making me sick and this must stop.

This is sickening....It makes me want to cry....This is a hate crime..They should be thrown in jail for a long time...without parole. The penalty has to be quick and long to deter these hateful people.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband works nightshifts and we live in De. He made appointments for the Covid vaccine for both of his elderly parents (his father is 85) in NY for this afternoon. He worked last night so he hasn’t slept but he feels this is so important for them to get. He could only go today bc I’ve been working all week and the kids have school. We didn’t want to leave the kids home alone for too long at a time. It’s a 3 hour drive from our place, then to take them to Manhattan and back to Brooklyn and then another 3 hours to drive home.
He’s been planning this for two weeks now. I thought that’s weird but great that they are finally getting it. He has three sisters that live in NY, two of them about 15 minutes from their parents, the other about 20. Why couldn’t they do it since they live so close and why haven’t they gotten it all this time. I guess none of my business right?
Apparently they’ve all been so busy they just couldn’t do it. But they’ve all gotten the vaccine!
Today he told me his sister asked him to cancel their Covid vaccine appointments (while he was already on his way to their house). Instead could he pick them up in Brooklyn and drop them off at her house in Staten Island bc she made an appointment for my FIL for an eye exam.
I’m like seriously. She could do this herself. We live over 3 hours away. She lives 20 minutes away. Why waste my husband’s time when she knows he worked last night, hasn’t even slept and is come from so far. She should’ve told him this yesterday or whenever she made the eye appointment. Instead she waits until she knows he already two hours into the drive.
Now he has to figure out another time when he can take them for the Covid vaccine.
Rant over! I can’t stand his sister. Lol!

Last edited:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Due to my parents' and my health situation, neither of us are able to fly in the near term. Driving is not an option either. That means I won't be able to see my parents for 2.5+ years. Definitely feeling sad about it. Who would have thought that the last time I saw them was Thanksgiving 2019? Then came COVID and health stuff...

And in 1st world problems, the custom furniture I want to order isn't available until March 2022. That's almost a year away! I don't think I'm willing to compromise for a different fabric...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Due to my parents' and my health situation, neither of us are able to fly in the near term. Driving is not an option either. That means I won't be able to see my parents for 2.5+ years. Definitely feeling sad about it. Who would have thought that the last time I saw them was Thanksgiving 2019? Then came COVID and health stuff...

And in 1st world problems, the custom furniture I want to order isn't available until March 2022. That's almost a year away! I don't think I'm willing to compromise for a different fabric...

Ugh. So sorry to hear that you won’t be able to see your parents in the near future! :(

On the furniture-2022?! I was never a patient person, but quarantining has made me more impatient:/

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
My computer is giving me the blue screen of death. It is freezing up on me constantly. I don't want to spend the money for a new one, but I am on my laptop so much! Likely too much, but that is another issue....ARGHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata had a bad day. Matata had a hyuuuuge martini to self-soothe after bad day. Bad idea.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just venting for a moment.

Why is nothing simple? Why does one treatment cause problems so severe that might prevent me from taking that treatment and then being left with worse treatments? That most likely will cause life altering side effects. Why is everything challenging?

And why do I still miss Francesca and Fred so much? I mean it's still so painful that they are gone. Gut wrenching heart stabbing pain. :(

Please no worries about replying. There really are no answers or solutions at the moment. It just is and it sucks.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Just venting for a moment.

Why is nothing simple? Why does one treatment cause problems so severe that might prevent me from taking that treatment and then being left with worse treatments? That most likely will cause life altering side effects. Why is everything challenging?

And why do I still miss Francesca and Fred so much? I mean it's still so painful that they are gone. Gut wrenching heart stabbing pain. :(

Please no worries about replying. There really are no answers or solutions at the moment. It just is and it sucks.

(((((((hugs)))))))=)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is an article in the newspaper I subscribe, citing Vancouver being the hate crime capital for Asians in North America, and I hope my mum and bro have not been affected personally. :(2

I am upset and worried about my little dog, as old age is creeping up on him. The lifespan for his breed is 12 to 15, and he will be 14 in June this year!

His heart, liver and kidneys are all ok, just his joints are a bit stiff and he could be getting senile. He has started to take two different medications, one for his joints, and one for cognitive behaviours.

Hopefully, he will be better soon for him to be able to enjoy life a bit longer.

I shall prepare myself for the day when he tells me he has had enough.

DK :(2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pollen this year is absolutely killing me. Add I’m trying not to sneeze and/or cough in public so people don’t think I’m spreading COVID everywhere….ugh!

If you haven’t experienced your nose just start spontaneously running under a mask in a store…..it is a real treat.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Have you tried getting a 2nd opinion? I went to 5 top doctors for my medical issue to figure out a solution. Also, have you considered the Mayo Clinic?

@dk168 I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and your loss. Thinking of you during this difficult time!

@YadaYadaYada Have you tried allergy medication (Zyrtec, Claritin, Allegra, etc.)? Flonase also helps a lot. I just try to stay inside and definitely wear a mask when outside!

A friend of mine lost their newborn and I am so sad for them, of course they are the nicest people ever too. Life is sooo fragile. When I was young I took health for granted, but based on recent few years experiences, I cling onto my health and protect it at all costs because at the end of the day, that's all we have.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh I'm having such a hard time right now and I wish I had some help. So it alllll started in February. I went in to see the doctor because it had been a year since I saw one and I desperately needed my relaxers refilled and my migraine meds back. At the appointment she does a quick physical and finds lumps on my thyroid and wanted an image done and bloodwork. Ok so I called my benefits the next morning and find out that the Dr visit itself probably isn't covered and I cannot get anything considered routine like bloodwork covered. They also tell me that the thyroid specific bloods should be fine because they are doing them for a specific reason. So that weekend at the lab I declined and other bloods and just did the thyroid stuff. Had my imaging done a week or two after that.

I spend the equivalent of days on the phone between my benefits and the hospital chasing after everybody involved trying to get my bills pushed through so I can pay because I am NOT trying to get sent to collections. Already had that experience when I was in school and Tricare decided to kick me off without informing me because they thought my degree was finished. Spoilers. It was NOT so I still qualified to stay on. And I went to the ER with no clue. Got 0 bills. No phone calls until months and months later finding out I was sent to collections over it. Tons of fun. Never want to repeat.

With that in mind I find out a month or so ago that my benefits DECLINED my blood work claiming the office didn't code it for a problem. They coded it as routine. So I called a bunch of people and requested it be resubmitted because 500 bucks isn't chump change to us. My benefits got the resubmit back on the 15th or something of last month and still have not approved or declined. And I cannot do anything else until we pay the bill for the reader of the imaging and the bloodwork. The regular physician and the hospital doing the imaging are thankfully all paid up. But them doing this is literally wasting my time. I needed to go to the surgeon back in February and it is now close to halfway through May. I keep telling myself it's probably not cancer but quite frankly it's still a possibility and health benefits are screwing me around for at least another couple of weeks minimum. I signed up for actual insurance as soon as we could so we will be using those as soon as my bills are paid to limit this happening to me again in the future. The other benefits will come secondary and they can take their time no problem since they won't be the main anymore.

At the same time my daughter saw her ped and they say she's definitely slightly speech and fine motor delayed. They thought she might be at her 2 year appt and wanted a hearing test and an eye test because her pupils weren't where they wanted. But then COVID shut everyone down and the hearing test people claimed they couldn't even do a hearing test that young anyway.

At this appoint they tell me she will be very high functioning. She won't be like my siblings who are mentally disabled in different ways and will be the rest of their lives but I still feel awful about it. I had hoped because I was the least impacted that I wouldn't pass something like this down. But I did. I'm trying to set up her hearing test and her occupational therapy but everyone is taking their sweet time getting back to me about everything even though I was on top of it within 2 days of the doctor telling us what we needed to do. I am hoping with the right speech and occupational therapies she will catch up to other kids her age.

And one of the worst things happened on top of it for us a couple weeks ago.

TW so you can scroll past: mention of pet passing away. Nothing graphic but wanted to TW just in case because I know I'm not the only one tender hearted here.

My cat. My baby boy passed away on us 2 weeks ago. Basically dropped dead and my 3 year old was the one who found him. The emergency vet said it was heart related and that there was nothing we could have done to save him. I feel like maybe we could have known sooner if not for COVID turning everything into "emergencies only" for so long. He only went to the vet for his yearly physical and teeth cleaning when usually he goes a few times a year just to be checked to prevent problems just like that. And it's so triggering because I knew 2 of my babies at my dad's house had passed away about a year after I had to leave them there. It wasn't due to a lack of care. Just being 15 or 16 years old and the one most attached to the 16 year old passed away soon after. So it was just so soon after all that and my boy was only 6. And now I have no cat at all. And I wish I had known so that I could've hugged him more that day.
TW: ended

So yeah it's been a rough past 3 months over here and I can see that it's going to be that way for quite awhile. Yaaaayyyy

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@MeowMeow Sorry to hear all the hassle you are going through with insurance and about your cat. Hope you can get the testing and appointments you need ASAP!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results