shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon's New Line - Le Petite

Wow. What a way to alienate those of us with man-hands. lol

Seriously, my hands have never felt so gigantic!

I get the concept, I guess. But, I don't find it clever or appealing. Seems kind of weird to me for a business that thrives off of weddings.

Lady_Disdain|1304004715|2907024 said:
How cute! Very detailed, nice proportions but... I don't get them either. And the stones aren't tiny either - 0.8ct is a great size for a normal ring.

Leon's style of writing, however, really grates on me. "the fatal mistake" of getting the wrong ring" is just too dramatic for words - and this is coming from a PSer! As a single woman, I love diamond rings and would buy an expensive one for myself. But I do not want an "engagement ring" or an engagement ring substitute. Mind clean issues, even if the design is exactly the same.

0.8 ct total for center stone, 2 side stones and 25 single cut melee on shank. main diamond size average 4mm, side stones 3 mm

This thread cracks me up because if it were a "favored" PS vendor, people would be like "Ooh, they are so cute! I love miniatures! I want one!"

I agree though...$1000+ for a charm is a bit much. But they are cute IMHO...I just would spend $1000 on something else myself because I'd hate to be staring at a Leon and be unable to wear it on my finger. I would probably try to starve myself for months to try to get enough finger shrinkage to get it on.

I can also see myself shoving it on my daughter's finger to see how cute it would look, then ending up with a medical emergency when it got stuck. So not a good idea for me...........

Can it be enlarged to a size 6?

TravelingGal|1304012487|2907143 said:
This thread cracks me up because if it were a "favored" PS vendor, people would be like "Ooh, they are so cute! I love miniatures! I want one!"

It's also the history behind the odd sense-of-humor he's presented on his site that makes the motivation behind the entire collection more questionable.

the site doesn't even work for me... just stays stuck on 000% loaded ... ::)

bean|1304014881|2907177 said:
the site doesn't even work for me... just stays stuck on 000% loaded ... ::)

lol, I would love one for free, I'm not sure if I will pay 1,500. But if I had a lot of extra money I would get one :twirl:

I love them. I am crazy about anything in miniature but these prices are too steep, IMHO.

TravelingGal|1304012591|2907144 said:
I can also see myself shoving it on my daughter's finger to see how cute it would look, then ending up with a medical emergency when it got stuck. So not a good idea for me...........

:lol: :lol:

You know, at first I thought this was the height of stupidity, but the idea is kind of growing on me. I have seen a couple cute
wedding ring pendants and I liked them. It might be fun. I would like to see one on.

The thing that intrigues me, is Leon's pave is pretty fantastic, so some hanging around my neck might be nice. I don't know but I think
I might like it.

Ok, don't shoot me..

We've all overlooked a spectacular use - Christmas tree ornaments!

herekittykitty|1304029930|2907389 said:
We've all overlooked a spectacular use - Christmas tree ornaments!
:lol:

I kind of like them but couldn't justify spend that kind of cash on a pendant or charm.

I think part of the appeal might be the appeal of all miniatures - if it catches on, given the custom element, I can sort of picture people getting exact mini-replicas of their engagement rings to wear, like, when they're pregnant and can't wear the real thing, or just 'cause they're cute. I CAN'T picture single girls getting them - back when I was single, I would have found it to be horribly condescending, sort of like, "Aw, woobie, you don't get a Big Girl Ring yet - here, have some training wheels!"

I still maintain that the man needs an advertising agency, though. :tongue:

herekittykitty|1304012722|2907146 said:
I don't know why you couldn't get them resized, tiny as they are. .5 carat LM for under $2k... Tempting.

Circe|1304036165|2907484 said:
I think part of the appeal might be the appeal of all miniatures - if it catches on, given the custom element, I can sort of picture people getting exact mini-replicas of their engagement rings to wear, like, when they're pregnant and can't wear the real thing, or just 'cause they're cute. I CAN'T picture single girls getting them - back when I was single, I would have found it to be horribly condescending, sort of like, "Aw, woobie, you don't get a Big Girl Ring yet - here, have some training wheels!"

I still maintain that the man needs an advertising agency, though. :tongue:
RHRs/finger warmers scratch that itch way better than these could, IMO.

suchende|1304036238|2907485 said:
I don't know why you couldn't get them resized, tiny as they are. .5 carat LM for under $2k... Tempting.

I think since the curvature of the ring is so much and it would have to be sized so much it might have problems?

TravelingGal|1304012487|2907143 said:

I agree though...$1000+ for a charm is a bit much. But they are cute IMHO...I just would spend $1000 on something else myself because I'd hate to be staring at a Leon and be unable to wear it on my finger. I would probably try to starve myself for months to try to get enough finger shrinkage to get it on.

I don't know about that, TGal...PSers aren't known for wanting miniature diamonds! :tongue:

slg47|1304037607|2907518 said:

I think since the curvature of the ring is so much and it would have to be sized so much it might have problems?
for the 3 stones there is probably no way. For the solitaires? Seems plausible.

Btw LM needs a French grammar refresher...

suchende|1304038831|2907545 said:
slg47|1304037607|2907518 said:

for the 3 stones there is probably no way. For the solitaires? Seems plausible.

Btw LM needs a French grammar refresher...

If I didn't think Leon was such a jerk, I'd totally do this. That yellow pear is calling my name.

I noticed it was sold! Please do post pics. I wish they came with the chain....

VapidLapid|1303952085|2906654 said:
Bracelets for your Barbie doll. A conversation piece for your aquarium. an anklet for your parrot.

:lol: I raise tiny show chickens and when I won a tiny platinum rose cut band on ebay I had to be talked down from using it as a chicken anklet. It wouldn't even fit past the first knuckle my 2 YO niece's pinky. legband.jpg
babyr9ng%20115.jpg

My first thought was there's a tiny show chicken in your house!!!!

Ha! She ate a bunch of string that day and I was monitoring her to see what, uh, happened. Nothing ever happened but she was fine.

Snooper|1305035119|2917299 said:
herekittykitty|1305032705|2917264 said:

I'll post pics once I get it :) I'm curious what it looks like on a chain!

Congrats Snooper!

No wonder I didnt see it! I had a meeting with Leon yesterday and he showed me 10 tiny rings in 2 collector boxes.

They are sooooo pretty and look like miniature of the normal size ring. I tried one on a chain and some posters are right,

because of top heavy, the diamonds look downward but with your yellow center, the color will probably come through!

I can't wait to see it on you!

Looks like a charming idea to me, and probably a much better value than a lot of the pendants Tiffany's sells. Not how I'd care to spend my money, but if these were advertised properly I could see them becoming a fad for - oh, maybe the New Yorker set or something. You know, folks who don't blink at filling a charm bracelet with $100+ (each) sterling silver charms...

However, the notion of marketing these as engagement ring substitutes for single women who must be lusting after a real engagement ring... not so smart.

VRBeauty|1305056514|2917638 said:
However, the notion of marketing these as engagement ring substitutes for single women who must be lusting after a real engagement ring... not so smart.

+20. Patronizing, arrogant & too obvious trolling for more sales $. Real real dumb sales pitch, Leon.

--- Laurie

P.S. Kelpie -- what a cool chicken! Glad the string didn't do any harm. I just discovered a neighbor of mine has a PEACOCK. Yow!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP